SIMS OF NEW PLEASANTVIEW

This is where you can find my TS2 Storytelling efforts. This is a public forum.

Moderator: PattyHeart

SIMS OF NEW PLEASANTVIEW

Postby PattyHeart » June 15th, 2018, 9:37 pm

Thier stories...
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

DIANA NICOLE CALIENTE DENNIS

Postby PattyHeart » June 15th, 2018, 9:38 pm

My name is Diana Nicole Dennis. When I was born my mother, Chris, and sister, Donna Jean, were living with elderly Nina Caliente, Nina is my other mother. I know this sounds impossible, but, I was actually concieved in a test tube or petri dish. Not sure which, Anyway, one of my mother's eggs was somehow fertilized using genetic material taken from elderly Nina. (Made possible by an experiment conducted by Mortimer Goth who was called the Mad Scientist).
DianaDennis MotherChris.jpg
Mom Chris and I
DianaDennis MotherChris.jpg (10.61 KiB) Viewed 264 times

DianaSisDonna.jpg
Donna and I
DianaSisDonna.jpg (8.95 KiB) Viewed 264 times

Mom Chris says that Mom Nina was very sad about the recent death of her twin sister, my Aunt Dina. She was also sad that with no child thier family line would come to an end.
DinaNina.jpg
Aunt Dina and Mom Nina
DinaNina.jpg (13.52 KiB) Viewed 264 times

Mom Chris had come to work as live in help for the elderly Caliente sisters before Donna Jean was born. Dina and Nina loved Donna and enjoyed playing with and taking care of her as if she were thier niece.
snapshot_2dae895f_68155b5a.jpg
My Sis when she was a toddler
snapshot_2dae895f_68155b5a.jpg (5.91 KiB) Viewed 264 times

In exchange for giving Nina an heir (me!) Mom Chris inherited Nina's home. Nina also made it possible for Mom Chris to attend college as an adult; which is how she was able to become an architect.

While Donna Jean was in Highschool and I was in the third grade Mom Chris bought a new home at 124 Wright Way. The Dreamer-Langerak family live next door in a house just like ours. Right across the street is a HUGE, vacant old house that I would love to live in! Mom Chris calls it an architect's nightmare and says it is the oldest house in town. (She designs modern homes).
124 wright way.jpg
Our Home
124 wright way.jpg (15.09 KiB) Viewed 264 times

snapshot_2dae895f_282c1771.jpg
Moving In Day
snapshot_2dae895f_282c1771.jpg (12.06 KiB) Viewed 264 times

dianachild.jpg
Me In Grade School
dianachild.jpg (13.9 KiB) Viewed 264 times

Mom calls Donna Jean her "Love Child". Really, she is an accident that happened when Mom was set up with a blind date with an older man who she assumed to be single. Soon after she learned that Don Lothario-Goth was married and that when his wife, Cassandra, caught him with some "old flame" she threw him out and demanded a divorce. They had a boy, Gale, who was in high school which means the Gale Goth is my sister's half-brother. (I've never met him but became best friends with his little nephew, George Gunther Goth, in grade school.)
ChrsDonnaDiana.jpg
Mom, Donna and I
ChrsDonnaDiana.jpg (12.55 KiB) Viewed 264 times

snapshot_2dae895f_882d2a52.jpg
Diana and I on her High School Graduation Day
snapshot_2dae895f_882d2a52.jpg (11.68 KiB) Viewed 264 times

I am also best friends with Pleasant Cameron. George, Pleasant and I began talking about going to college together back in the fifth grade. Will that dream come true? I hope so. I can't wait to get OUT of this rinky dink gossipy town and away from my over protective Mother. At least now that I am a teen she will allow me to walk to the nearby public library and Sunshine Park. She never allowed me to have "townie" friends. Why, I haven't a clue? (Townies are just what some call Sims that don't come from old families that founded Pleasantview. what is really dumb is that mother is a "townie")
MeDiana.jpg
Selfie Of Me spending birthday money on new clothes
MeDiana.jpg (11 KiB) Viewed 264 times

Mom. sis and I have always mostly got along well. I mean, Mom can be a pain at times with her strict rules and she worries a lot. I think of things to say back to her but just can't actually say them. Instead I remember her telling us that if we don't like the rules we can make our own after we are adults out on our own. She meant it when she said "out on your own."

So, Mom is not happy finding out that all through high school Donna found ways to sneak out with Alvin Futa. She really hit the fan the other night. Came home from work and found that Alvin had moved in. Poor Alvin he'd been told it was OK with Mom. (He's a nice guy. Went to college and works at Pine County Hospital.) Alvin was so embarrassed, Promised Mom they'd not sleep together under her roof until they were married.

Have not written in my journal for a while. Need to finish up recording this chapter in my life (LOL). So, here goes..

So, Donna and Alvin were married last week at Pleasantview City Hall. Good thing as they've a baby on the way. Looks like Donna the sneak did not help Alvin keep his promise. Funny thing is that he gets along better with Mom than his wife does. He really respects her. I mean, really, you can tell by how he treats her. Even reminded Donna that they are lucky to have such a nice place to live while apartment hunting.

So, tomorrow is GRADUATION DAY! And..drum roll !!!!..I leave for Sim State University in the fall! Being accepted is not easy. So, I feel pretty proud of myself. So does Mom. She says Mom Nina would also be proud of me.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

GOTH : THE ALIEN CONNECTION

Postby PattyHeart » June 15th, 2018, 9:39 pm

(HISTORY REVIEW:
Bella Bachelor Goth vanished without a trace on the same night when Dina and Nina Caliente moved into a home on Main Street. Because the Caliente sisters are known to have Alien ancestry some suspect a connection between thier sudden arrival and Bella's disappearance.

Following the arrival of the Caliente sisters a small number of Pleasantview residents have reported occasional sightings of Alien aircraft. There has also been one known abduction resulting in a male later giving birth to an Alien child. Is it a coincidence that the abductee was Bella Goth's adult son, Alexander Goth?

It is interesting that Dina Caliente is connected to Bella via her marriage to Bella's brother, Michael Bachelor. The couple did not reside in Pleasantview. Being older than his wife he succumbed (it is assumed) to old age. When the sisters relocated to Pleasantview Dina brought along an urn containing her late husband's ashes.

Dina's obvious financially motivated romantic interest in Bella's wealthy husband, Mortimer Goth, gives some reason to suspect that she (and possibly Dina) had a hand in Bella's disappearance. It is held that they may well have arranged an Alien abduction.)
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: SIMS OF NEW PLEASANTVIEW

Postby lindawing » June 16th, 2018, 3:30 am

Do you keep a spreadsheet or database for these relationships? I used to do that with my own Sims, but they never had THAT many interesting connections! :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » June 16th, 2018, 4:23 am

I simply keep notes by hand and use Notepad to keep lists as well as to write up stories or news articles ( etc.).
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 16th, 2018, 4:56 am

That works! I've done that, too. You do a really good job, Anne! :joy:

You almost make me want to PLAY TS4 and make such a legacy-type of setup...almost...
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Happy Fall Y'all!

Postby PattyHeart » September 23rd, 2018, 11:12 pm

Thank you for stopping by! As usual Autumn signals the welcome arrival of a quieter, slower paced season and more time to spend in New Pleasantview. The Sims of NPV , I' sure!, will be pleased with the new clothing styles, home furnishings and other new items downloaded from Mod The Sims that are now available to them.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » September 24th, 2018, 1:31 am

:joy: I started a YouTube playthrough of a TS4 Asylum challenge, but haven't played it in a bit. I did the hard challenge, and it gets old after not too long. I'll get back to it eventually, though.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » September 24th, 2018, 2:41 am

Setting a game challenge or story line aside for a time (I've found) gives a needed break that can refresh our interest and inspire our creative thinking. Also, with a challenge, it is perfectly OK to make our own changes to keep it interesting. It is also OK to quit a challenge and to carry forward with a story line that it has inspired. Some challenges can become boring because being confined to the rules restricts our creative imagination.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » September 24th, 2018, 7:48 am

Agreed, and I like that idea about changing the rules and maybe going a different direction...hmmm... Thanks, Anne!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » September 26th, 2018, 2:29 am

Because this site will soon close I've decided to go ahead and bring this record of the Sims of New Pleasantview to a close (after updating where things now are). This. however, will not be the end of New Pleasantview as I will keep this going in my game for who knows how long!
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » September 26th, 2018, 3:05 pm

I'm glad you have New Pleasantview to play! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

BROKE NO MORE !

Postby PattyHeart » September 26th, 2018, 6:08 pm

Broke No More

After graduating from Sim State U Sandy Broke returned to the run down home shared with elder brother Beau. The Broke brothers (Dustin, Beau and Skip) had moved into this cheap rental after loosing thier mother while Dustin was yet in high school. Sandy, encjouraged by his elder siblings, began working towards University grants and scholarships while yet in elementary school. He knew early on that he wished to become a teacher.

By the time Sandy graduated from Sim State his eldest brother, Dustin, had died. Beau, now middle-aged, kept bills paid and food on the table selling garden produce, apples and fresh caught fish. Sandy, until a teaching job opened up locally, worked for a time as a street artist. They saved what little they could towards thier dream of a "decent home". Thier landord (off at Sim City) had never been one to take care of or to cover the cost of repairs or home maintainance. So, the shack continued to deteriorate over the years while rent payments went up.

Sandy, after running into his childhood friend Irma Louise Pleasant, began spending time with her and her young son, Jeffery. At about the same time Beau began dating a friendly young woman who often shopped at his Produce Stand at the local Farmer's Market. Daniel Lillard then worked waiting tables at Pleasantview's Penny's chain restaurant. Suddenly life for the two Broke brothers turned a corner in a better direction.

Irma and her son moved into the shack after she and Sandy were married. She brought along a hefty bank account making it possible to begin looking for a family home. This was in addition to Sandy, at long last. being hired on at Pleasantview Elementary School.

By the time the perfect home was found the household had grown to include Jeffery's new baby sister, Natalie and his Uncle Beau's lady friend, Daniel.

Time has passed. They have settled comfortably into thier new home (Green Tea Mansion by Honeywell at MTS) at 205 Sim Lane. Jeffery has begun his Highschool years, Natlie attends PV elementary. Beau and his fiance Daniel have a baby son, Norman.

Irma is retired from her sports career. She enjoys gardening, reading, pottery lessons and plans to travel with or without Sandy. Sandy, now middle-aged, is working towards becoming an Education Minister.

Beau, now an elder, continues to garden. enjoys tinkering, takes care of home repairs and maintanance and has kept his produce stand. The new home boasts a very fine veg garden along with several healthy apple trees.

Daniel is now a Sous-Chef at the Green Dragon Pub. Being devoted to her career she is determined to one day own a world class restaraunt in Pleasantview.

Both Beau and Irma look after the children while thier spouses work. 10:05 AM 9/26/2018
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

We Are The Future !!

Postby PattyHeart » September 26th, 2018, 7:09 pm

A new generation of Sim State U Grads!
Screenshot.bmp
Diana, Delilah, Pleasant, Christa, Orlando, Betty and George
Screenshot.bmp (468.8 KiB) Viewed 183 times

Diana, Delilah, Pleasant, Christa, Orlando, Betty and George

These 7 young adults represent the future of Pleasantview and its nieghboring communities. Two of the students. Christa and Orlando are Townies ( Townies are often ignored or disliked by some players who regard them as an annoyance.)

Thank you for visiting and for your interest in the Sims of New Pleasantview. I am working towards a way to continue sharing after this site closes.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » September 26th, 2018, 9:19 pm

I love your stories, Anne! They are such fun! Love that photo, too.

Have you thought about having your own domain and website? You could do a far smaller site through DotEasy, that they could set up for you, for about $5/month (paid in an annual lump sum). If you had a BLOG, I think it would be fairly easy to manage.

Or...since I can have unlimited add-on domains and hosting, you could have a separate domain right here, and then after I get my own space basically set up, we could figure out how you would want yours set up so you could easily run it after the initial setup.

It would be all yours, and if I ever do have to go completely down, your site could easily be migrated to a new hosting site, with people never having to know the difference, since the site domain name would remain the same.

I can offer that same deal to others, as well, if I want, but I think you would probably be the only person interested.

As for the things you've already shared here, I'm sure we could fairly easy migrate the contents from this site to the new domain area, by copying and pasting, if nothing else. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to TS2...Storytelling