Inspiration for Xbox 1 family of 5

In this public forum, please feel free to post an of the things you have learned about the mechanics of TS4, that you think others would like to know, too.

Re: Inspiration for Xbox 1 family of 5

Postby lindawing » January 3rd, 2018, 12:48 am

YW
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 3rd, 2018, 1:00 pm

I have a 43-minute video ready to render first thing tomorrow. In the video, there's a tiny bit of an explanation (very vague) of what has made me late with doing videos today (which is now tomorrow in earnest...sigh). I'm not going to divide out the video, due to continuity, because it is dealing with the "finalized" room layouts and the laying in of the roofs. I wanted to make sure that was all really clear, with details about pushing and pulling roof pieces. I hope you like the end result, Chris. I am quite pleased with it. I hope I'm not letting you down. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SundropJunkie » January 3rd, 2018, 6:39 pm

Not at all as soon as I can get some free time I will attempt to sit down as long as I'm not interrupted and attempt this wonderful house you have made for me thank you again
SundropJunkie
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » January 3rd, 2018, 11:03 pm

I will get the 5th episode out just as soon as I can, today. I had forgotten that I needed to budget and get a grocery list done for my husband. He does the shopping. For years, I couldn't go, due to heavy duty arthritis. This past year I had both hips replaced, and though I still can't drive, I can do a LOT more than I could for quite some time. David says, now, though, that it's still easier for him to just do the shopping, than to take me along. :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 4th, 2018, 7:54 am

Episode #5...
Putting on the Roof
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SundropJunkie » January 5th, 2018, 2:20 am

Looks amazing!!
SundropJunkie
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » January 5th, 2018, 2:52 am

Will you be able to build that big...do you have that world and that lot, even? I should have asked first. (sigh)

At any rate, hoping that some of the tips I'm giving along the way will help you see how to manage roof heights and floor arrangements, etc., and at least give you some of the ideas you are wanting.

I'm having a blast with it, if nothing else, and that's good! :-)

I have another 37-minute episode that I'll upload fairly early tonight, to make room for a shorter (but longer upload) for one of my Minecraft challenges, that has to go up on schedule later tonight. I think you're going to like our first look into the coziness of the step-down living room. My 13-year-old grandson loves it, even though just one wall is done. The episode ends with a shot from inside the living room, showing the ceiling. It looks great (at least through my eyes). :grin:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 5th, 2018, 7:22 am

Decided to go ahead and divide EP #6, so this is Part A...

Episode 06-A...
Starting on the Interior (Part A)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 5th, 2018, 8:07 am

Episode 06-B...
Starting on the Interior (Part B)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SundropJunkie » January 5th, 2018, 11:33 am

Well right now I don't have any of the add-ons I just have the base game and. So I don't know if any of the other add-ons have bigger lots but the biggest one I have is a 50 x 50. Either way I'm loving this house. Still haven't played my game.
SundropJunkie
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » January 5th, 2018, 8:37 pm

Well, you can at least gather ideas and tips. Wish I had an Xbox so I could try the game there!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SundropJunkie » January 5th, 2018, 11:53 pm

You know how cool it would be if the game was multiplayer
SundropJunkie
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » January 6th, 2018, 12:35 am

They've tried that a few times, with limited setups, and I think they have problems with the sexuality stuff. Years back, even in World of Warcraft, before I was actually playing, Blizzard finally had to make it so players couldn't live together or get married, virtually. It turned into all sorts of bad things. It's partly because so many young teens play the game, and like to investigate stuff like that, but then there are the older people who use stuff like that for networking for sex crimes.

What we've done, here, on both Sims and Minecraft, is share our own worlds around, and then everyone gets to play the game with the same neighborhoods/worlds that we made, and share their different stories.

With Minecraft, a couple of years back, we started doing round-robins, because the worlds are so easy to share. I'd start a world, then build the first base and get things set up for up to four people to play it after me. It's pretty simple to do. Then I'd upload the world here, and a next player would grab it (any number of people could, at any time) and play it by adding a new part to the world. Then they'd upload it again as a secondary part, and others could grab that one and play it, etc, etc., etc. For a while, we had three people playing, then gradually the other two dropped out, and eventually so did I.

viewforum.php?f=368

I don't know if the Xbox Minecraft uses the same Java files or not...probably not, but the link above has all of the downloadable rounds intact. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 6th, 2018, 9:30 am

Episode 7...
Working on the Kitchen & Misc Other Details

After this one, things will go faster. I've done a lot of painting rooms, changing out lighting, and adding in early details for all the rooms. I had forgotten to add a closet to the boy's room, so I got that done, and now each room as the correct favorite colors on the walls and floors. I'll do another episode tomorrow, and add more things (especially to the kitchen), and then I'm thinking probably two, possibly three more episodes.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 7th, 2018, 8:38 am

Episode 8...
Starting to Look More Like a Home
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to TS4 Tutorial, Tips, Tricks, & Help