Mods

In this public forum, please feel free to post an of the things you have learned about the mechanics of TS4, that you think others would like to know, too.

Mods

Postby psychedelicsim » October 19th, 2014, 12:58 pm

Do I remember correctly that there are lighting and camera mods? Linda, I think you mentioned getting them from MTS. Are these the ones you are using?

Improved Lighting - http://modthesims.info/d/533562

Live Mode and Tab Mode Camera Mods - No Drift & Lower Level! - http://modthesims.info/d/536953

The lighting and camera both drive me nuts, so these will be wonderful to have!
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mods

Postby lindawing » October 19th, 2014, 7:13 pm

I didn't download the lighting mod. There was a warning on it about something, when I last looked at it. I'll have to look again.

I'm using the camera mod, but I'm not really sure I like it. It goes down TOO low to get close-ups. I think I'm going back to the norm. I use the TS3 camera mode, and it's really not that bad.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » October 19th, 2014, 8:28 pm

OK, thanks.
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Beau » September 20th, 2017, 10:59 am

Hi Speaking Of MODS!! Anyone have a good routine as to organizing custom content. Like ie Folders of Hair or Clothes etc. and hears a question mods like the lighting and camera MOD can they be put into a folder or do they have to stay out in the main MOD folder?

Hope this makes sense.
Beau
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » September 20th, 2017, 2:31 pm

I do organize mine by folder. I don't use very many for TS4, so that's pretty easy. You just have to be sure that the config file has enough levels to let the game know how deep you are going with your organization. Same with TS3 and TS2.

If you want a copy of my config files for any of those, just let me know.

EDIT...I re-read your question and realized you were talking about CC. You can organize it by folders in 2, but not in either 3 or 4,as far as I know, unfortunately. I'll have to go in and check, on 3,to be sure, but with 4, I've only used a few CC items, and currently none, so I'm not as familiar with that situation.

When I'm on my computer, though, I'll get you the name of the little program I now use in 4,to install lots and Sims. It's great. I'm not sure if it handles CC installation, too, but I'll check.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Beau » September 20th, 2017, 8:49 pm

Awesome tyvm
Beau
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » September 20th, 2017, 10:07 pm

Checked in TS3 about organizing CC, including Worlds, and it can't be done with the active stuff, because it's installed. The Launcher won't let you organize it in any way. What I DO, however, is organize my DOWNLOADS, so that I can quickly find something that needs to be reinstalled at any time. Inside the Downloads FOLDER, in Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, I make folders, and after I'm sure I've installed any given .package, I move it to the folder where I want to keep it. The downloads, then don't show up in the Launcher, and the Launcher will start faster. When you install new files, they will show up in the folder separately, and later, you can move them where you want. Unfortunately, you can't move the actual items themselves, after they're installed.

InsideTS3DownloadsFolder.PNG
InsideTS3DownloadsFolder.PNG (209.08 KiB) Viewed 127 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Beau » September 21st, 2017, 12:06 pm

Thank you very good info :)
Beau
Infant
Infant