Trove

This is a public forum. Discuss your favorite games here that do not fall into any of the other categories. If a game is popular enough, we will add its own forum category.

Trove

Postby psychedelicsim » July 20th, 2015, 8:09 pm

Ethan, Lucas and I had a fun play session of Trove this morning. We even gathered enough materials to start our own club world. Linda, I named it Neighborly SimsCraft. I hope that's ok. I figured if we had some people here who were interested in playing, we'd have a world to develop together. :yeah:

Here's all 3 of us after we finished clearing out a dungeon and doing the quests. We're all level 7 knights.

trove072015_1.jpg
trove072015_1.jpg (188.31 KiB) Viewed 392 times

This is one of the structures we needed climb to get some quests done and find all the loot.

trove072015_2.jpg
trove072015_2.jpg (173.29 KiB) Viewed 392 times

The newly generated Neighborly SimsCraft club world.

trove072015_3.jpg
trove072015_3.jpg (168.45 KiB) Viewed 392 times

trove072015_4.jpg
trove072015_4.jpg (163.57 KiB) Viewed 392 times
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Trove

Postby lindawing » July 20th, 2015, 8:50 pm

Did you have any troubles getting onto the server? When I installed it and tried the other day, it said it would be at least a 30-minute wait. I tried again later, and it said 3 hours! If I leave Steam up in the background, it drags down everything else on the network. Steam frustrates me because of that.

Origin has gotten a lot better, and uses a lot less data than it used to, plus you can configure it to exit when you exit any game. I haven't found a way to make that happen with Steam. If I leave Steam up and Harry is playing Guild Wars 2, it drags him down so much he can hardly play!

Then, even when I turn Steam OFF, it doesn't always quit, and continues to run data in the background. I have to go into Task Manager and find it in the running processes and make it quit. Then he can play again! So frustrating!

So I uninstalled Trove. I might try again, though, and see if it was just an update day problem with the server.

It's great that you named the world that way. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » July 20th, 2015, 11:46 pm

Each time we've logged in, there's been at least a 30 minute wait, I'm guessing because it's a new game and the developers haven't gotten the amount of servers sorted out yet. Kind of like the first days of WoW. :uhhuh:

I've been leaving Steam running with no problems, but that's mainly during the day when not as many people are on.

I'm glad you like the name I chose for the club world! :friends: I'm not sure of the limit, but I think we can have a fair amount of different club worlds. I'm the leader in the one we created today and Ethan and Lucas are officers. There are also 3 or 4 levels below those.
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » July 21st, 2015, 12:11 am

OK...I'll give it another try in maybe a week or so, to see what happens. If it works OK, I might join you. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » July 21st, 2015, 4:13 pm

:friends:

Travis started playing last night and was playing his usual "WoW" way. I wouldn't be surprised if he was level 20 by now. :yikes: :rotfl:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » July 21st, 2015, 7:49 pm

:hooray: I figured that would be the case! :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » July 22nd, 2015, 5:03 pm

:evillaugh:

I'm surprised. He only made it to level 7. They were doing maintenance last night, which really disappointed him, so he settled for StarCraft II. I'm so glad we've found another game that he's really gotten into!
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » July 23rd, 2015, 3:38 am

:joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to General Gaming Discussion