My Desktop

This is a public forum. You may discuss anything here. It's a good place for a "soapbox," but just remember the forum rules, please.

Re: My Desktop

Postby MelodyOkie » April 12th, 2015, 9:05 pm

Today it is a Sims 3 World

A Sims 3 World.jpg
A Sims 3 World.jpg (307.89 KiB) Viewed 817 times
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 23rd, 2015, 1:24 pm

Today it is one of my larger homes I created. This particular one I created for Pierre at his request from a house plan he provided. I've used this home as a "Day Care" in my Sims 3 game. Since it has a perfect layout for that with a Nanny's Room and Bath on the first level with a playroom beside it and outside a great area with everything children would want to play all day!!

042315Sims3.jpg
042315Sims3.jpg (318.28 KiB) Viewed 808 times
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 23rd, 2015, 10:24 pm

I love that house, too! Is that in the "Hollywood" world or the island world? It's such a pretty backdrop, either way!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 23rd, 2015, 11:08 pm

Hollywood? That is in the regular Sims 3 world that came with the base game. :friends:

Showing now:

Alaskan Port.jpg
Alaskan Port.jpg (342.77 KiB) Viewed 805 times
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 24th, 2015, 2:32 am

That's what I thought, about that bay in the background. Woot!

That port...I was looking at it, trying to figure out if it was a SIM scene or not, then I realized it wasn't, but WOW! No wonder I like to build Sims houses that look like those, right? I mean that looks SO much like the places where I was brought up!!! I don't know what town that is, but maybe Ketchikan...or Juneau? I've never seen either one, but the houses are very similar to what we had in Valdez and Anchorage, too. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 24th, 2015, 1:29 pm

Yes! And of course you know why I took pictures of all the homes .... had in mind of building them in The Sims (It was during The Sims 2 days and just before Sims 3 came out).

More from Alaska.jpg
More from Alaska.jpg (566.18 KiB) Viewed 797 times
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 24th, 2015, 8:52 pm

Did you take a trip up there, then? That one looks like a small subdivision in Anchorage, called Mt. View, to me.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 24th, 2015, 9:06 pm

An Alaskan Cruise in 2009, I think it was. That's off the ship near one of the ports - Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, I forget all the ports along that coast area - somewhere around there, anyway. :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 25th, 2015, 12:50 am

I've been in Skagway. My memory doesn't lend that picture to hand when I see it, so I'm thinking either Ketchikan or Juneau. I've never been to either one, but I know the buildings would be similar to either the older part of Anchorage or to Valdez, which those pictures are. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 25th, 2015, 1:04 am

The second one is definitely Ketchikan! I found this one in a BLOG about Ketchikan.

Your picture is tons better, though! Of course, your focus was on the "building those houses in the Sims" aspect! :grin:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 25th, 2015, 1:10 am

Here's another one of that same area:

lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 25th, 2015, 1:14 am

This is the governor's house in Juneau...exactly where my friend Bill Walker is living right now! I think he's doing well as the new governor, by the way, from what I've read. Proud of him!

lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 25th, 2015, 3:37 pm

lindawing wrote:I've been in Skagway. My memory doesn't lend that picture to hand when I see it, so I'm thinking either Ketchikan or Juneau. I've never been to either one, but I know the buildings would be similar to either the older part of Anchorage or to Valdez, which those pictures are. :uhhuh:

We did not go to Anchorage or Valdez at all. I can imagine that the homes are similar throughout Alaska, though - especially along the coast. I know they are all very similar on the shows we watch about Alaska, to the ones we saw while we were there. :uhhuh:

We drove by the Governor's house while we were there. :uhhuh:

Skagway was our favorite stop. The town was just lovely and the homes were very similar as well. It's not that far along the coast from our other stops, but it was our favorite. That is where we did some shopping so we would have some things to bring back for the kiddos. Pictures of Downtown Skagway after we got off the ship.
Downtown.jpg
Skagway
Downtown.jpg (464.71 KiB) Viewed 779 times

The Historical District.jpg
The Historical District.jpg (420.07 KiB) Viewed 779 times

Alaskan Totem Poles.jpg
Alaskan Totem Poles.jpg (572.45 KiB) Viewed 779 times
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 25th, 2015, 4:45 pm

A view out back of my Old West style Jailhouse from Sims 3 that I created for Neighborly Sim State (One of Carrie's and my worlds).

The Back View of my Jail House TS3.jpg
The Back View of my Jail House TS3.jpg (602.37 KiB) Viewed 778 times
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 25th, 2015, 8:04 pm

Skagway is, indeed, a very neat town. Another place that I loved when we were traveling down to California, from Valdez, in 1978, was White Horse, in Canada. It's quite similar to Skagway--about the same vintage.

I just found out today that Marianne Cusato (the tiny house designer of Katrina fame) was born and raised in Anchorage! I've always thought her designs were evocative of the Alaskan houses I've always loved. Now I know why! :joy:

I've just downloaded here NEH (New Economy Home) plan to give it a try in TS4. It should work well. It's a really nice, flexible-living plan--small, yet large.

I love that last screen! So cute!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion