Generation 5

This is a public forum. Got a story about your TS4 Sims? Go for it! Publish it here, so we can all read it! Woot!

Generation 5

Postby MelodyOkie » April 13th, 2015, 1:01 am

I have been creating and playing several Challenges. At some point during the first challenge, my sim married and had a child. When it came time for the next Challenge, I decided, rather than creating yet another sim, why not use my first Challenge Sim's child for it and well, here I am. My 5th Generation has just been born. I'm tired of my Challenges and so have decided I do want to continue playing my generational sims.

Meet Arlene Spacey:
Arlene Spacey.jpg
Arlene Spacey.jpg (207.29 KiB) Viewed 563 times

5th Generation Genealogy.jpg
5th Generation Genealogy.jpg (83 KiB) Viewed 563 times

Arlene is just a baby right now, as you can see. When she is old enough, I plan on having her become a Doctor. I want to try out the new Get to Work EP!!
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Generation 5

Postby lindawing » April 13th, 2015, 2:09 am

I'm looking forward to seeing how the family does in your non-challenge (but probably plenty challenging) gameplay! :lol: :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 13th, 2015, 2:10 am

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 15th, 2015, 8:46 pm

Well, I was - emphasis on was happy. I sent the Grandparents over to see the babies (Stacie - 3rd Generation). I made sure that Stacie cuddled and cooed with Arlene (5th Generation). Then as I'm clicking on the crib I realized she could actually age the babies up. So I had Stacie age up Arlene while Ken aged up Louise (her twin). Of course I wanted to get them into CaS right away to fix their clothes and hair. Then when I was done, the game glitched and took me into that household, but they were back in the cribs as babies.
First time to age up Arlene.jpg
First time to age up Arlene.jpg (282.32 KiB) Viewed 558 times

First time to age up Louise.jpg
First time to age up Louise.jpg (255 KiB) Viewed 558 times

So, I had to start all over. Go back to Stacie's household and click on her, to take me back to Franklin's (4th Generation) household. Repeat the age-up process.
Aging up after glitch.jpg
Aging up after glitch.jpg (259.25 KiB) Viewed 558 times

Then, even though they had held them, cuddled them, fed them, diapered them; the grandparents had to introduce themselves to their grandchildren. (So irritating because it's plain stupid to have to do that. They were there with them when they aged up - they were the ones who aged them up.) This may explain what happened which will be explained momentarily...
Meanwhile I take them back to CaS to fix their hair and clothes.
The girls after CaS.jpg
The girls after CaS.jpg (318.44 KiB) Viewed 558 times

The game does take me back to their household, but not playing Stacie, however - their household.

After aging up the girls and while checking the genealogy, I realized I was not given the opportunity to assign their traits. I'm devastated the game automatically assigned these traits and the traits given.

Arlene is insane and Louise is evil. How horrible is that!?

I'm hoping I can fix this in CaS with the more advanced cheat... Arlene is going to be a Doctor. Maybe I should leave it the way the game has set it and she can run an Insane Asylum. Louise could go into the Science field and be an evil Scientist... (sigh)
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 15th, 2015, 10:09 pm

As told by Arlene Spacey:

Yesterday I was insane and my sister was evil; but today I am really smart and my sister is a social butterfly.
We met Alysa Cohen walking by our house and called her over so we could meet her and get to know her. She is so nice and a lot of fun. We talked and danced for hours before she had to go home.
Louise and I love to dance and that is what we did - all day and all night while Mom and Dad were at work.
Girls meet Alysa Cohen.jpg
Girls meet Alysa Cohen.jpg (490.05 KiB) Viewed 557 times

Music and Dancing.jpg
Music and Dancing.jpg (349.21 KiB) Viewed 557 times

All Day Long.jpg
All Day Long.jpg (330.09 KiB) Viewed 557 times
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 16th, 2015, 12:18 am

Oy! That's kind of what happened to me with Michael and Madeyln last week! A whole day was just lost instantly, and suddenly I had to go through the whole promotion thing again, only...everything else had remained as it should, but...what? I just DID that, and I had the photographic proof! Sheesh!

Glad the cheat worked and you were able to save those innocent young creatures from lives of insanity and crime!!! :uhhuh:

I just recently found out that because the Nicholsons were in my played game when Michelle married Kristian, that several of her siblings got traits I did NOT want them to have, as they aged up. Derek (her twin) had become evil. I quickly educated him about how he SHOULD be conducting his life! :uhhuh:

I don't even think it's a RANDOM thing with EA, with those poor kids. I think they give the ones we miss, in aging up, the traits that nobody usually wants to choose for them! :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 16th, 2015, 12:45 am

:doh: It is an ugly, sad, hateful thing to do!! :uhhuh: (It's downright evil and insane!!) :ohoh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 16th, 2015, 1:38 am

:lol: :grin:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 16th, 2015, 2:14 am

:evillaugh: