Just for Fun

This is a public forum. We love to talk about how we're playing Minecraft on our own computers. These discussions don't include either Adventure or Challenge maps--just our own games that we have started from scratch.

Just for Fun

Postby lindawing » April 30th, 2015, 9:54 am

I started a new game the other night, with no goals in mind. I turned around from spawn, and there was a medium-sized plains village. Of course, I did my usual thing and went and prepared the villagers to fend off the marauders--hoping against hope that they wouldn't get killed by a zombie invasion as I heard was going to start happening again in 1.8.3 (it hasn't yet, in any of my games).

Due to the hillocks inside the village area, I completely destroyed all the gardens and rebuilt them. There are three farmers in the village, and they were doing their thing. When I got THIS one rebuilt, however, the librarian came running over...and PLANTED WHEAT! What?! I wonder if this was added in, in 1.8.4 (which is where the game's at right now, for the past week or so), because sometimes the villages don't actually spawn farmers, and then the other villagers will die off, if they don't get food, because they didn't make them to harvest or plant. It was very strange to watch this guy working away in the garden. I never saw him do it again, but...wow!

042815-LibrarianPlantingSeeds.png
042815-LibrarianPlantingSeeds.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 442 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Just for Fun

Postby psychedelicsim » June 10th, 2015, 5:09 pm

That's cool! How's your game going? I haven't played MC in ages. :rotfl:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 10th, 2015, 7:17 pm

Lydia and I are creating a survival map. I did the first part, and she has it right now to add some stuff. We'll trade back and forth a few times, and hopefully publish it sometime in the fall.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » June 11th, 2015, 4:44 pm

Sounds like fun. I can't wait to see it.
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Our Singleplayer Games