New for Today

This is a public forum. We love to talk about how we're playing Minecraft on our own computers. These discussions don't include either Adventure or Challenge maps--just our own games that we have started from scratch.

New for Today

Postby lindawing » October 31st, 2014, 6:12 am

I just can't seem to settle into one map for more than one night, so I'm just going ahead with my "new" naming, for now, and just seeing where the new map goes.

Tonight the first thing I saw when I got into my new map tonight was horses. So far I've just seen two colors--two very small herds. Once again (and this seems to be a pattern with me lately, for some reason), I spawned right on the edge of a very large roofed forest, with a tiny plains area right there. This one ends up at a beach!

After gathering stuff for sheltering and making tools, I built my home out on the one little island that's not too far out, but far enough to not be excessively bothered by monsters. As you'll see, though, I had to wait out a witch who tried to swim out to me! She stayed out there in the shallows, coming a little closer, then retreating, for two whole nights and days. On the third night, I got tired of waiting, and swam out another direction and made a cobble mine on the shore to the right of where she is in the pictures. I could see coal when I left, and I got that, and then protected the opening and kept digging myself in. I found more coal and iron, too, plus enough cobble to do the things I wanted to do the next day.

I kept hoping to find sheep on the surrounding shores, but all I found were four pigs. I killed them for food, then went and built some more. Finally, the next morning, I went into Creative and flew out over the roofed forest, to where I found sheep. I also found two lava spills eating steadily away at the forest out there! So pretty! Picked up some beef, also. I finished some more stuff in my building after that (back in Survival), and now I'm headed for bed early. It's been a big day of game-playing, with both TS4 and Minecraft.
Attachments
NewForToday-01.jpg
NewForToday-01.jpg (430.03 KiB) Viewed 206 times
NewForToday-02.jpg
NewForToday-02.jpg (367.32 KiB) Viewed 206 times
NewForToday-03.jpg
NewForToday-03.jpg (176.67 KiB) Viewed 206 times
NewForToday-04.jpg
NewForToday-04.jpg (233.05 KiB) Viewed 206 times
NewForToday-05.jpg
NewForToday-05.jpg (216.28 KiB) Viewed 206 times
NewForToday-06.jpg
NewForToday-06.jpg (250.27 KiB) Viewed 206 times
NewForToday-07.jpg
NewForToday-07.jpg (319.78 KiB) Viewed 206 times
NewForToday-08.jpg
NewForToday-08.jpg (454.75 KiB) Viewed 206 times
NewForToday-09.jpg
NewForToday-09.jpg (382.23 KiB) Viewed 206 times
NewForToday-10.jpg
NewForToday-10.jpg (454.7 KiB) Viewed 206 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New for Today

Postby FaithfulApostle » October 31st, 2014, 11:54 pm

Ooooh, horsies. What a lucky find. :)

Your pics all look great. I really do love the landscapes in Minecraft. Always so different and sometimes just majestic. I will often go walk about just to sight see.
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 1st, 2014, 2:13 am

Me too!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » November 1st, 2014, 3:17 pm

What beautiful pictures! The new world is very nice, except for that nasty witch. Shame on her! :tsk:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 1st, 2014, 9:37 pm

:evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Our Singleplayer Games