Herobrine's Mansion

This is a public forum. We love to talk about how we're playing Minecraft on our own computers. These discussions don't include either Adventure or Challenge maps--just our own games that we have started from scratch.

Herobrine's Mansion

Postby lindawing » October 27th, 2014, 7:01 am

I swore I would never get this map, but between Ethan and Harry's begging for it, and Carrie and her Ethan's playing it and posting it on YouTube, I decided to give it a try.

I gave it to Ethan and Harry earlier tonight. Then while I was setting Harry's computer up to play 1.7.2, and having him choose the resource pack he wanted to use, he decided to just play in the world he created to try out the packs, so I told Ethan I'd play with him. We had fun...for a while...but pretty soon he wanted to quit the mansion, and we played a couple of other games for a while, until finally Harry decided he wanted to play a LAN game after all. So Ethan and Harry played one of their other games for a while, while I played a seed I downloaded a couple of nights ago.

After they left, I decided that I'd try Herobrine's Mansion on my own (I had tried a little bit of it earlier, before the kids came, then Ethan and I had just about gotten to the first boss when he wanted to quit.

Here's after I had gotten through the first stage pretty successfully with quite a bit of loot and some trades done with Victor and his friend (and they were still alive), when I was heading back into the crypt to take on the maze leading to the skeleton boss' lair...for the second time...
HM-102714-HeadingForSkelBoss-02.jpg
HM-102714-HeadingForSkelBoss-02.jpg (160.2 KiB) Viewed 369 times

I guess the beacons are signifying that there's a big event happening.
Then here's the maze as I was coming up to it a second time. Before I "went blind," I saw that zombie coming out of the mists, so I was able to kill him and a second one before one of them knocked me off the maze again. Surprisingly, I did OK IN the maze, as I know I'm just going to die, respawn, and not lose anything, and each time I knew a little more about where I was headed. Also, I had watched Carrie and Ethan doing this on their video, last night, so I was fairly wise about what to look for.
HM-102714-HeadingForSkelBoss-01.jpg
HM-102714-HeadingForSkelBoss-01.jpg (255.97 KiB) Viewed 369 times

I determined before going in, that I would keep going to the left, every time I could. When I had to go back, I would take the first right, then begin going left again. It only took me about four times of going back, before I was at the doorway. :joy:

Anyway...now I have successfully beaten the Skeleton Boss, and have advanced into the nether portal room. No way was I going to face that alone, tonight, so that's when I quit, and I'm going to go find out how Iona's been doing without me in TS4.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Herobrine's Mansion

Postby psychedelicsim » October 27th, 2014, 10:50 am

That's cool. I'm glad you're giving Herobrine's Mansion a try. :friends:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 27th, 2014, 9:02 pm

I do have the cheats on (through NBT Explorer). So I CAN go into creative in the nether if I need to, but since you don't lose anything if you die, I'm going to try it without cheating. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » October 27th, 2014, 9:07 pm

We have the cheats on too. I just feel more comfortable that way. :uhhuh:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 27th, 2014, 10:38 pm

Me too! :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 28th, 2014, 8:12 pm

Well, I found out, obviously, last night that that portal doesn't send you to the nether. It sends you to an open grave in the graveyard, from where you can go into the mansion.

I played on Survival all the way until I got to the Vanos (I thik that's right). By then I had gotten tired of dying and having to fight the same mobs over and over to get back to that area, and just went into Creative. Even in Creative it took quite a long time to kill that guy!

After that, I couldn't find the witch, and I finally decided, "Pfffttt...OK...I'm done with this!" It was fun for a while, but it would have been more fun with a friend, and I really did get tired of seeing things everywhere that I couldn't make use of, and getting the same weapons and armor over, and over, and over, and over, even though they actually never did break at all, in the end.

Having the extra chests all around, in MP, would probably be really good, as you could unload anywhere, and someone else could maybe make use of your unused stuff.

Anyway...after I finished up there, I went through my entire MC (regular) saves folder, and cleaned everything out that I hadn't touched in months, and even some stuff that I'd been doing more recently, that I had called done and hadn't removed. I have backups of all of THOSE, so if I ever want to go back into them, I can.

Then I started a new survival game that started with a pack of wolves. Nice!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » October 28th, 2014, 9:25 pm

Cool! :joy:

Ethan and I are going to film another episode tonight. Then I want to do some with regular survival Let's Play videos and a tutorial on building a mob spawner/xp farm.
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 28th, 2014, 11:20 pm

I know you'll do a great job on them all!!! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » October 29th, 2014, 10:47 am

Thanks Linda! :friends:

We didn't get a chance to play last night because Travis didn't get home until after 8:00. Jack and Jacob were running around trying on all of the Halloween costumes. :evillaugh: I'm sure we'll get some play time in this weekend though. I'd like to film some with Travis too. I bought Garry's Mod the other day and there are a lot of maps in there that I'm sure he would enjoy. I also saw a lot of Minecraft maps that have been recreated. I haven't tried any out yet because a lot of them require Counter Strike: Source, which I haven't bought yet but I'm sure I will at some point. :uhhuh:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 29th, 2014, 10:51 pm

Do those mods you bought have to be online? Also, how much do they cost, and are they easy to add in?
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » October 30th, 2014, 12:12 am

Garry's mod is stand-alone and is $9.99. It uses Steam to install, but that can be changed to offline when you want to play. You search for the addons and download them directly into the game, but they can also be found in the Steam Workshop.

A lot of the addons require other Valve games to be installed, such as Half-Life 2 since that is what Garry's Mod is based on, but it's not always required. Some of the maps just require you to install them. They're free and installation is super easy.

Here's a good MC themed map.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =322655757

This is how it looks in GMod.

gmocmcmap1.jpg
gmocmcmap1.jpg (341.27 KiB) Viewed 357 times

gmocmcmap2.jpg
gmocmcmap2.jpg (379.14 KiB) Viewed 357 times

This is how the addons look listed in GMod.

gmodmaps.jpg
gmodmaps.jpg (287.47 KiB) Viewed 357 times

I have not played any of the maps yet, but I know that Deb and Angel have played a few non-MC themed ones and have had lots of fun with them. :uhhuh:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 30th, 2014, 1:10 am

I'm frustrated with things that have to be installed from online places like Steam & Origin. I think I tried some of the G-Mod stuff before, and it had to be online to work, but I might be mistaken. I'll stick with vanilla, with just my resource packs. I have a couple others that aren't bad, besides my Soartex, but I always go back to that.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » October 30th, 2014, 11:09 am

These are maps with MC themes, although I think you can mine in some of them and find other resources. I think the one I posted above is for multiplayer games using the Trouble in Terrorist Town game mode, which is for team play Half-Life 2 style. I've watched Deb and Angel play a few. One had them running around a waterpark trying to find the killer. I think it was called a prop hunt. Another one was of them running around an old abandoned house with their teammates trying to find the killer. I'm not sure. I'm still learning what Garry's Mod is all about. I know that you can build with it, pose ragdolls and play maps, but that's about all I know. While looking through the addons, I saw all kinds of different themes like Terraria, Super Mario Bros., cities, scary places, etc. A lot of them are for multiplayer, but there are some for singleplayer too. I expect I'll use GMod mostly for playing maps, hopefully some multiplayer. It will be something different. :uhhuh:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 30th, 2014, 7:48 pm

It really sounds like a lot of fun!!! :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Our Singleplayer Games