The End of Skyblock--Linda

This is a public forum. We love to talk about how we're playing Minecraft on our own computers. These discussions don't include either Adventure or Challenge maps--just our own games that we have started from scratch.

Re: The End of Skyblock--Linda

Postby lindawing » October 5th, 2014, 2:34 am

I now have five mooshrooms! I've been down at the other end, isolating biomes again (I have double doors between each one), and when I went back to unload stuff (both plains areas spawned again), I looked, and there were five mooshrooms! Woot!
EOSB-100414-FiveMooshrooms.jpg
EOSB-100414-FiveMooshrooms.jpg (371.69 KiB) Viewed 396 times

I was down at the monster end so long that the chute overflowed, and when I opened to doors, I almost died...literally. :evillaugh: I had to kill four zombies and a baby zombie. The baby zombie was a VILLAGER! Doggone it! I had no time or space to react to that, other than to notice it. I just was killing everything that was coming at me.

A dozen skels came rushing through the door next, and right behind them were two witches (at full strength, I'm sure, since they heal themselves when free to do so)! I was able to get through the last of the skels and get the door shut just in time. Whew!

I went running back to get my bow and arrows, but by the time I got back to the mob grinder, all the extras had despawned.

While I was working away down there (dismantling the prior mushroom room, for one thing, as I isloate the biomes, an enderman (in broad daylight) started stealing the grass out of my animal spawning pad down there! Sheesh!
EOSB-100414-SillyEndermen.jpg
EOSB-100414-SillyEndermen.jpg (419.53 KiB) Viewed 396 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 5th, 2014, 9:15 am

I'll tell you what! Now that I have mooshrooms, they multiply like CRAZY! I've been killing them every little while, because I'll go in there and there are over a dozen of them. I take them down to two, and a little while later I come back, and there are a dozen of them again! They don't give as much leather, usually, as regular cattle, but they give lots of raw meat, and you can always get mushroom stew if you want. Since they have been spawning, I've only had a few regular cattle.

I've been stashing the leather and the wool I've been getting. I need to look at the challenges and start in on them, to see where I'm at.

I wish I hadn't killed all the horses! I haven't had a single one spawn again, even though other things have spawned in that field!

I've now expanded both the birch forest and the savanna to their limits. I planted a birch forest in the appropriate place. I think I'll put a few small grassy areas in, to see if anything spawns over there, too, even without a large pad of grass. :uhhuh:
EOSB-100514-BirchForest.jpg
EOSB-100514-BirchForest.jpg (388.4 KiB) Viewed 395 times

On the far side of the savanna, there's a mesa biome! Past the birch forest, there's a beach. I think he could have arranged the ocean, deep ocean, and beach biomes a bit better. It looks as though the beach adjoins the DEEP ocean, whereas it probably should have come between the ocean and the mushroom island.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 5th, 2014, 9:19 am

Oh! I got a potato, planted it, and just now planted four. Well on my way to a plentiful harvest for baked potatoes, now! :joy:

I also got a third iron ingot and a second piece of redstone dust.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » October 5th, 2014, 1:59 pm

Yay for mooshrooms!!! :joy: I will expand the land to the mushroom island borders, add mycelium and kill the mooshrooms that are there now so I can see if they will spawn naturally. Woot!

I had to kill my horses too. It totally broke my heart! :sob:

I haven't gotten any iron ingots yet. Hoping I do very soon! I think I'll start building a village today.
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 5th, 2014, 10:00 pm

That's a good idea! I can do that, too, in faith. I certainly know how to get that done! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » October 5th, 2014, 10:02 pm

I'm still waiting on the mooshrooms to spawn. I've built my snowy and jungle areas. Hoping for ocelots and wolves soon!
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 5th, 2014, 10:05 pm

I was just refreshing my memory on where they occur naturally, and I now realize why he put the area together, that he did, down by the sand block. It's plains, savanna, or desert...they're all right there together! For the most efficient village, you need 256 blocks square. Perfect!

I think I'll get stretched out further and redo my monster grinder, or just set up another meadow and use the existing tower as a sniping tower, instead (after lowering it somewhat). :evillaugh: Even at 17 blocks, I'm uncomfortable up quite that high, being right on the edge, taking potshots at monsters. Being a little closer would be good, too, to see which zombies are actually villagers! :uhhuh:

Carrie--go down to the end portal and wait for a full day while you go do a load of laundry or something. That should jumpstart the mooshroom spawning. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 6th, 2014, 9:51 am

I got distracted by laying out more of the biomes.

I can't remember which direction is north, but hopefully this "map" will show you where more things are. My bedroom is in the cold taiga (a nice, cozy, oak home), and my crafting area, farm, & nether portal are in the plains between the jungle & mushroom island. My mob grinder is in the other plains, on the other side of the desert.

sunflower plains.....extreme hills.....cold taiga..........ice plains...............beach
roofed forest.........jungle..............plains..............mushroom island......ocean
river...................swampland........flower forest......forest...................deep ocean
mesa...................savanna............desert..............birch forest............_____
_____..................plains...............plains..............______.................._____

Here are some pictures I've been making as I've been isolating the biomes.
EOSB-100614-BirchForest-BirchTrees.jpg
EOSB-100614-BirchForest-BirchTrees.jpg (456.7 KiB) Viewed 378 times

EOSB-100614-Jungle-JungleTrees-CocoaBeans.jpg
EOSB-100614-Jungle-JungleTrees-CocoaBeans.jpg (361.36 KiB) Viewed 378 times

EOSB-100614-Plains-OakTrees.jpg
This is the plains over by the mob grinder. The plains where my home stuff is, has no grass...just crafting, the cobble generator, and my farm. It leads directly into my bedroom.
EOSB-100614-Plains-OakTrees.jpg (383.94 KiB) Viewed 378 times

EOSB-100614-Savanna-AcaciaTrees.jpg
EOSB-100614-Savanna-AcaciaTrees.jpg (467.03 KiB) Viewed 378 times

Got the carpet and stained glass thing done, plus I now have a full suit of pink leather armor. :joy:
EOSB-100614-MyRoom-StainedGlassAndCarpet.jpg
EOSB-100614-MyRoom-StainedGlassAndCarpet.jpg (442.9 KiB) Viewed 378 times

EOSB-100614-MyPinkLeatherArmor.jpg
EOSB-100614-MyPinkLeatherArmor.jpg (414.37 KiB) Viewed 378 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 6th, 2014, 9:58 am

I also have my golden apples and my splash potions of weakness ready for when I finally get to where I can watch for zombie villagers! Not sure how to isolate them, though, after I kill everything else around them. I'm thinking a little hut that I lure them into (hopefully just one at a time), and where I can exit out a back door. I don't THINK zombie villagers can open doors...do you?
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 6th, 2014, 10:01 am

Just remembered that someone at the Curse (Gamepedia) forum where the map can be obtained, where I commented yesterday about the mycelium, commented back that there IS some mycelium in the map. So...I'm thinking it MAY be down at the end portal...I just don't remember for sure! I don't remember it being in a trunk, though, and it wouldn't be much good if we had to mine it without silk touch.

The only other thing I can think of, is that he may have put mycelium into the "specially-created" End. Evidently thre aer quite a few things to be found, there, to finish out the challenges!

Anyway--it's a moot question, since we were "creative" about getting it! :evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 6th, 2014, 10:19 am

I was just looking through the complete list of biomes. I don't know if he used them all or not, but this could be pretty huge, in the end, if he did!

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Biome

I think I'll be getting some more sand and some gravel from Creative, too, just to make the biomes more fun. ;-) Stone we can make (for the stone beach).
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » October 6th, 2014, 11:52 am

Ah OK! It sounds like I'll need to move some things around then. I can move the mob farm back into the plains area that's at the end, basically move everything back. I'll have to redo the mob grinder though since it's right smack in the middle of the savanna. :evillaugh: I spent all yesterday marking off the borders of the different biomes. I also enlarged the area I had for the mooshrooms to the borders. I'll try going down to the end portal for a full day and night to see what happens. Thanks!

I'm not sure if zombie villagers can open up doors. I don't think they can, but I'm not 100% sure.

Congrats on getting more challenges completed. Woot! :joy:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 6th, 2014, 8:30 pm

Just commented in your topic, about the village location. It can be located anywhere, as long as you have the central well and the right door set-ups. :uhhuh: They're only naturally spawned in plains, savannas, and deserts.

I was just thinking I might do mine in the flower forest area, which is fairly central, I think--depending on how many more biomes there are out there! Either that or I might just add some stuff to my home area, and make the original water square larger, extending downward toward the end portal. I can go down the water, knowing that the portal is down there, at least. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 6th, 2014, 8:31 pm

Of course, getting the villagers is going to be the hardest thing! I have the potions and apples, but... :evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » October 6th, 2014, 9:30 pm

For sure! :yikes:

I've just commented in my thread. I like the idea of having the villagers up over the base areas that we've already completed. ;-)
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Our Singleplayer Games