The End of Skyblock--Linda

This is a public forum. We love to talk about how we're playing Minecraft on our own computers. These discussions don't include either Adventure or Challenge maps--just our own games that we have started from scratch.

Re: The End of Skyblock--Linda

Postby lindawing » October 7th, 2014, 1:41 am

I have some pictures!

Haven't been feeling too great, and am going to go to bed...may just make it a very early night (it's almost 8 PM now).

I built up my swampland, and did some sniping, but didn't see any zombie villagers. So I started trying to kill some of the monsters at the doors, and that went haywire. I ended up having to rebuild about 1/4 of the whole place (the corner where the doors go into the flower forest and into the jungle). I went ahead and went into Creative and fixed up the place. By the time I got it all fixed, it was nighttime again, there were mobs spawning all over the place, including a TON more Creepers, so I just stayed in Creative and started killing things. Suddenly there were three zombie villagers there!

I ended up not trying to herd them into the hut I had made for the purpose. I just killed off everything else, and then blocked in the three zombies as they finished off the healing process. All three of them made it through. One was a farmer, and the other two were clerics. Something happened to the farmer, though. I can't find him anywhere, but the clerics are now my good friends. The first things they wanted to trade emeralds for, was zombie flesh! Woot! I got quite a few emeralds out of that, that I then graded for other things. :joy:

As soon as I got them healed, I let them roam around (they love all the doors, of course). Then I went in and lit up the swampland. I also took out the hut that I'll never use, and all the walling-in stuff. I DID get some slime from in there, at the same time the villagers turned up, so if I need more when it comes time to do sticky pistons, I'll just go dark with it again, and go into Creative immediately, to kill and loot. :uhhuh:

I'm so tired, sore, and achy...Gonna post my pictures, then go lie down.
EOSB-100614-A.jpg
EOSB-100614-A.jpg (408.84 KiB) Viewed 499 times

EOSB-100614-B.jpg
EOSB-100614-B.jpg (338.85 KiB) Viewed 499 times

EOSB-100614-C.jpg
EOSB-100614-C.jpg (379.39 KiB) Viewed 499 times

EOSB-100614-D.jpg
EOSB-100614-D.jpg (349.11 KiB) Viewed 499 times

EOSB-100614-E.jpg
EOSB-100614-E.jpg (395.76 KiB) Viewed 499 times

EOSB-100614-F.jpg
EOSB-100614-F.jpg (306.42 KiB) Viewed 499 times

EOSB-100614-G.jpg
EOSB-100614-G.jpg (362.2 KiB) Viewed 499 times

EOSB-100614-H.jpg
EOSB-100614-H.jpg (421.55 KiB) Viewed 499 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 7th, 2014, 8:14 am

I had three villagers healed, but one (the farmer) disappeared somewhere. I hadn't walled in the forest area very well...he may have jumped up on a wall there, and gone off the edge. Or an enderman may have taken out a crucial block somewhere and he fell through, though I haven't found the hole, if that's the case. He disappeared right away, so I doubt it was hunger.

Warning...you DO need to feed the little guys (throw potatoes or carrots at them) if they don't get a farmer pretty soon after they spawn. Also, don't forget to build them a farm early on.

So...I ended up with two clerics. As soon as I traded them a bit, made their well (more about that in just a bit), and made them some very simple housing, they started getting hearts, but they wouldn't seem to match up. I went to put some stuff away, and when I came back, lo and behold, they finally had produced a baby. Unfortunately, the second cleric had then disappeared totally! Doggone it! After the baby grew up, they had another baby...another cleric!

I worked some more on their village (totally made from Creative, since I decided to use the empty desert area, where they really wanted to be, anyway. At first I had just made the well one square deep, to see what would happen. It wasn't until I finally let the water down through the bottom, then (in Creative) went down and added three more layers, that they started being happy and acting like they were going to mate. :uhhuh: It was dark down there, and I couldn't see any lower, so I went back up. I left the bottom open, but I capped it off with a one-layer-deep pool of water. Even though the well actually doesn't go down under that, that seemed to be all it took, along with the doors I added, to make the game realize it was a village. That's when they began breeding. :joy: I also gave them two farms.

After a while, since all they were having were baby clerics, I got tired of waiting, and used a spawner. I got two metal workers and a butcher before I finally got a farmer. I didn't look to see exactly which trades I got, but at least now they have a farmer who immediately went to work harvest and replanting, and feeding the others. Whew!

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Villager ... g_up_items

I took a nap earlier, due to achiness, soreness, and a headache. After I got up I feel better, but I'm going to give it up as soon as this posts, and go back to bed. Hopefully I'll be up fairly early "tomorrow."
Attachments
EOSB-100714-A.jpg
I read that ocelots will only spawn in the jungle, on grass, at or above layer 63. I have layer 63 and 64 (just small areas) in here, but haven't seen any spawns yet. I may have to build upwards and take the WHOLE jungle up!
EOSB-100714-A.jpg (443.67 KiB) Viewed 498 times
EOSB-100714-B.jpg
EOSB-100714-B.jpg (436.35 KiB) Viewed 498 times
EOSB-100714-C.jpg
EOSB-100714-C.jpg (389.85 KiB) Viewed 498 times
EOSB-100714-D.jpg
EOSB-100714-D.jpg (399.12 KiB) Viewed 498 times
EOSB-100714-E.jpg
EOSB-100714-E.jpg (424.14 KiB) Viewed 498 times
EOSB-100714-F.jpg
EOSB-100714-F.jpg (439.36 KiB) Viewed 498 times
EOSB-100714-G.jpg
EOSB-100714-G.jpg (387.25 KiB) Viewed 498 times
EOSB-100714-H.jpg
EOSB-100714-H.jpg (410.17 KiB) Viewed 498 times
EOSB-100714-I.jpg
EOSB-100714-I.jpg (422.8 KiB) Viewed 498 times
EOSB-100714-J.jpg
EOSB-100714-J.jpg (453.76 KiB) Viewed 498 times
EOSB-100714-K.jpg
EOSB-100714-K.jpg (427.93 KiB) Viewed 498 times
EOSB-100714-L.jpg
EOSB-100714-L.jpg (448.24 KiB) Viewed 498 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » October 7th, 2014, 11:39 am

Woot! Nice job on getting those zombie villagers healed and getting your village going. :joy: Everything is looking wonderful!

Now that I have my mooshrooms, I can focus on my village. I also did not know that about spawning ocelots, so I will work on building up my jungle biome. Thanks!

I hope you're feeling better now. :friends:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 7th, 2014, 6:15 pm

I had that three-hour nap last night, then I was up until just about 2 AM, then I slept until 11:30, with only one bathroom break, at about 7 AM, so I am feeling MUCH better today! Thanks! I have TS4 up and waiting for me to finish here.

I have most of the stuff I need for things, except diamonds and iron. I'm still enjoying playing the world, but if I need cobble, I just go into Creative and get it. I'm so over using the generator every time I need to extend into another biome! I'm doing the building in Survival, but I'm getting the cobble (and dirt and sand) through Creative, and concentrating my time on building and playing, rather than on manufacturing cobble or obsessing because I don't have enough grass to spread around, or no sand to make my villagers happy! :evillaugh:

My villagers want gold for some of their trades, and I'm getting that from the nether. I stay in Survival at the end with the zombie pigmen spawning tower, but I go into Creative at the other end, and combat wither skels, skels, magma cubes, zombie pigmen, and blazes.

I changed out my spawning tower to be open at the top, and ALMOST killed a spawned ghast up there the other day, but that was the only one that has spawned, and he got away from me very quickly. I just need a few ghast tears for the couple of potions that need them. I have everything else. My villagers have been giving me a goodly amount of redstone, too, and I got slime from the swampland. If I could just get some more IRON, it would be good!!! I can't even make my cake yet, because I only have two buckets for milk!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » October 7th, 2014, 10:49 pm

I'm glad you're feeling better now. :joy:

I've been doing the same thing when I need cobble, sand and dirt. I still have my cobblestone generator, but it hasn't been used in days. :evillaugh:

I'll probably do the same thing when I head to the Nether too. :uhhuh:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 8th, 2014, 2:27 am

Just saw your note about your hoppers! I love that we are loose with this! :evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » October 8th, 2014, 11:32 am

:rotfl: ;-)
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 8th, 2014, 5:17 pm

I didn't play Skyblock yesterday. I started Oasis over. I really do love that map. It's loads of fun. :uhhuh: I just needed a break from the intensity of being up high over nothingness. :evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 2nd, 2014, 8:46 pm

Linda, you're doing a great job, too! :joy: This looks like a fun challenge.
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 2nd, 2014, 9:51 pm

I never did go back in and finish it. I got pretty tired of it after attaining the villagers. I think the guy who made it really went over the top with the HUGE list of challenges. Since you never do get to the mainland, you ALWAYS have to make your own cobble. It's not any more time-consuming, really, than going out and mining it, but it's boring. You have to stay right in front of the generator, and you don't get to see other scenery, etc., while picking up cobble. So I started going into Creative to get the cobble, and from there...well...it's just easier to build in Creative, and...it defeats itself.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Our Singleplayer Games