Skyblock 2.1--Linda (Completed...Such As It Is)

This is a public forum. We love to talk about how we're playing Minecraft on our own computers. These discussions don't include either Adventure or Challenge maps--just our own games that we have started from scratch.

Re: Skyblock 2.1--Linda

Postby lindawing » September 28th, 2014, 10:15 am

Nada...no squid...no other animals. I think the whole spawning thing is nerfed, now, due to the random chunk generation deal. Evidently the only animals that will be generated in already-loaded chunks are ones that were loaded with the seed initially...or something like that. I've been checking out several different discussions and the WIKI, and there are a few conflicting statements. Evidently there's a very RARE chance that an animal will generate in a loaded chunk that never had one before. I don't feel like waiting a week with my game on or something like that! Sigh.

I think I'm going to go into creative and get a cow, a sheep, and a squid, and then see if the game will make more.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 28th, 2014, 10:41 am

That didn't work. I'll try again for a little bit tomorrow, then I'm going to just get another sheep and another cow, and breed as many as I need. Rather than bothering with killing the squid, I'll just grab the necessary ink sacs from creative, then create my dyes. I just need to make the bookshelves, the colored wool, and the paintings (which also need wool). Everything else is done.

I'm disappointed that some things don't work right, now. :-(

I'm going to play Frost Breath for a little while, but am going to go to bed a little earlier than usual. Feeling quite tired.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » September 28th, 2014, 12:23 pm

Wow! You've made some great progress. :joy: Gratz on all of the gold nuggets!

So since I have my grass area right above my home area, no animals will spawn there? I forgot you had to be a certain distance away. I might have to rethink that part. It sounds like I might need to go into creative too, so I can get the necessary items. :uhhuh: I did have a bat spawn the other day. It would be OK, but those things are so annoying! :evillaugh:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 28th, 2014, 9:50 pm

I had a couple of bats spawn, too...they came from the monster spawner, though...not the animal spawner.

Yes...the grass pad is supposed to be at least 24 blocks from where you usually are, and it shouldn't take more than two "days" to get animals to spawn. They changed the mechanics on that, though, with the chunk regeneration thing, so I think we're pretty much up a creek with that method. We'll just have to use spawn eggs for two, then do the mechanics for the rest, or just skip all that, since we already know how to do that, and could do it anywhere. The challenging part is basically over, for me.

I went back into Frozen Breath last night. Oasis is also quite good. I think you and Travis, both, would like both of them. Both also would be great for LAN play, I think. I'll put them on the kids' computers for when they are here. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » September 28th, 2014, 11:55 pm

I think I'm just going to use the animal spawn eggs on the grass platform up above. Although, I'll need to fence in the cacti so they don't kill themselves on it. :uhhuh:

I'm looking forward to trying Frost Breath and Oasis, too! Travis is getting pretty far with his Skyblock and really enjoying it. :joy:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 29th, 2014, 1:03 am

Hooray! :hooray: :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Our Singleplayer Games