Psychedelix

This is a public forum. We love to talk about how we're playing Minecraft on our own computers. These discussions don't include either Adventure or Challenge maps--just our own games that we have started from scratch.

Psychedelix

Postby psychedelicsim » September 22nd, 2014, 12:02 pm

I started a brand new SP world last night. I haven't done one for quite some time (been playing mostly MP or LAN worlds), so it was fun starting fresh!

Right off, I spawned on a small island, with larger islands all around me. It will actually be the perfect place for me to start out. There are pigs, cows, sheep and chickens. I've also already found a huge cave that has tons of resources, including granite, diorite, etc. I have a nice view of an underwater temple too. :joy:

My spawn point.

minecraft092114_1.png
minecraft092114_1.png (342.52 KiB) Viewed 239 times

Bunnies! There is a brown baby bunny in the distance too. So cute!

minecraft092114_2.png
minecraft092114_2.png (250.54 KiB) Viewed 239 times

A view from inside the cave of granite. I've already found 3 stacks of coal and 1 stack of iron and I'm just at the beginning of the cave. :yeah:

minecraft092114_3.png
minecraft092114_3.png (344.07 KiB) Viewed 239 times

Has anyone else noticed that when you save and quit, if you have the world on peaceful, it reverts back to normal when you go back in? I was hearing lots of mob sounds at one point after just starting and almost got myself killed before I realized what had happened!
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Psychedelix

Postby lindawing » September 22nd, 2014, 10:08 pm

That's a sweet place, Carrie! I love it!

I started one a few nights ago, too (when I got kicked from your server and couldn't get back on), and I called it "Just a Quickie." I've been playing it ever since, rather than going back to the more complicated Villages scene. It's not an island one like this, but it has all SORTS of wonderful resources around, and I've really been enjoying it.

Yes...I have noticed that about the game difficulty, but it hasn't happened EVERY time. I think when it has happened to me is when I have set the difficulty by the cheat, within the game. If I have set the game difficulty by the OPTIONS panel, it has stuck. I'm not sure about that, but you might experiment with it a bit.

I'm sure they'll be issuing a 1.8 update before too long, though it has actually been quite stable. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » September 22nd, 2014, 10:20 pm

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can find. :joy:

I had been changing the difficulty using the Options setting, but I'll try it using the cheat to see what happens. I guess my game is backwards. :evillaugh: I miss having the difficulty in the main menu settings. :uhhuh:

I've been building in TS4 today, so I'll probably play MC tomorrow. More pictures coming soon!
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » September 24th, 2014, 11:58 am

I only took one screenshot from my gameplay last night. I spent most of my time down in the cave getting LOTS of resources! Then Linda got me into wanting to try SkyBlock. :evillaugh:

Here's a bunny sitting on my furnace. Maybe he needed to get warm. ;-)

minecraft092314_1.png
minecraft092314_1.png (292.67 KiB) Viewed 233 times

I switched to the Faithful resource pack. It's actually pretty nice and not too much vanilla. :yeah:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 24th, 2014, 9:29 pm

I love the bunnies! So cute!

Hope you have fun with Skyblock! :evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » September 24th, 2014, 10:51 pm