Villages

This is a public forum. We love to talk about how we're playing Minecraft on our own computers. These discussions don't include either Adventure or Challenge maps--just our own games that we have started from scratch.

Re: Villages

Postby lindawing » August 31st, 2014, 11:24 pm

OK...the naming thing is working well, but I have to keep up with the babies! I do know how to recover from a murder if I have to, but I sure don't want to! Murdering a baby is a -3, while trading in a villager's last slot is just a +1. Murdering an adult is a -2. I'm not sure if you get a -1 for the first hit on either a baby or an adult, as that's what you get for just an attack! You may get a -1 for every hit it takes to kill one of them! The amont of hits depends on the power of your weapon. Oh my!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 1st, 2014, 8:22 am

Roofed Forest Village...11...+ Iron Golem
Has 48 doors...should net 16 or 17 villagers
Founder 1 = Butcher (Butcher)
Founder 2 = Farmer (Fletcher)
Farmer 1 (Farmer)
Cleric 1
Blacksmith 1 (Armorer)
Farmer 2 (Fletcher)
Blacksmith 2 (Toolsmith)
Butcher 1 (baby)
Blacksmith 3 (baby)
Cleric 2 (baby)
Butcher 2 (baby)
NOTE: This village has all the types of housing built by the blueprints, but with a few extraneous changes that don't affect the housing. Before I started the renaissance thing, all the types of villagers were present except a couple, and all the villagers really liked to congregate at the stables. This time, there are no Librarians yet (not even any I missed--see the notes about that below), and the villagers' favorite place to congregate is the Butcher Shop. They will use ANY of the housing, though, but they really like to socialize (as you can see by the photos below).

Swampland Village...7
Has 32 doors...should net 10 or 11 villagers
Founder 1 = Blacksmith (Toolsmith)
Founder 2 = Butcher (Butcher)
Butcher 1 (Leatherworker)
Butcher 2 (Leatherworker)
Farmer 1 (Fletcher)
Blacksmith 1 (Toolsmith)
Butcher 3 (baby)
NOTE: This village has only farms, and has no standard housing at all. The entire rooming house is built around the well, which is only standard by its depth. It made no difference that there isn't a Butcher Shop or a Forge. It took three babies before a single Farmer (who is still on his own) was spawned!

Extreme Hills Village...6
Has 46 doors...should net 16 or 17 villagers
Founder 1 = Butcher (Leatherworker)
Founder 2 = Blacksmith (Toolsmith)
Librarian 1
Librarian 2
Farmer 1 (Shepherd)
Butcher 1 (Leatherworker)
NOTE: This village doesn't have a Church or a Library, the Butcher Shop is non-standard, and the Forge is a small outdoor space at one corner of the well (which is the only totally standard well out of the three villages). I was totally surprised when the two Librarians were the first babies born!

These stats are after completely wiping out the population of each village, replacing one door in each village, going far away, saving, then going back, saving again, then starting with two founders in each village.

The only way to get the first two villagers named is to name the village spawner eggs. So I have a Founder 1 and a Founder 2. There is no way to know what they will become, so you just get what happens. After that, you have to name the babies. I just started with the #1 names from there...not counting in the Founders' professions. Having names for each villager makes it MUCH easier to count the population at each village! :uhhuh: :yeah:

I THINK the iron golem appeared in the Roofed Forest Village when the villagers reached the #10 mark. However, I ended up having to kill off three unnamed villagers that I somehow hadn't noticed, after they turned to adults, so the village MAY have hit #12 and the golem was spawned and I didn't find him right away. For some reason, the things seem to want to spawn indoors, and that one spawned inside the Library Annex. I had to destroy part of the wall to the right of the righthand door, because I didn't want to destroy one of the doors, therefore causing me to have to go far away, save, and come back again and save...all over again, in order to reset the game's count of the viable doors. Instead, I chose to kill off the three unnamed villagers, then trade like crazy with the named ones, in order to rebuild my reputation with the "tribe"' before the iron golem appeared. If your reputation with the villagers is less than -15, he will attack you! Of course, I'm playing mainly in Creative, so he wouldn't be attacking me unless I went into Survival, which I haven't done yet, but I shouldn't be that low...possibly down a little, but I don't think I'm even in the negative, because I've traded so many times to the GOOD (trading in a villager's final slot).

Unfortunately, without a mod, there seems to be no way of keeping track of your reputation, except that you will know when you get down to less than -15, because the golem will attack you! :rolleyes:

EDIT: I just found this about the golems, in the WIKI: "Iron Golems spawn naturally in villages, provided there are 10 villagers and at least 21 houses (counted as doors). It is possible for Iron Golems to spawn in player-made villages. The chance of spawning is 1 in 7000 per tick which averages around one every six minutes."

Here are some miscellaneous pictures taken during the repopulation process.
Attachments
Villages-Misc-01.jpg
Villages-Misc-01.jpg (75.5 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Villages-Misc-02.jpg
Villages-Misc-02.jpg (58.97 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Villages-Misc-03.jpg
Villages-Misc-03.jpg (45 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Villages-Misc-04.jpg
Villages-Misc-04.jpg (45.96 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Villages-Misc-05.jpg
Villages-Misc-05.jpg (56.08 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Villages-Misc-06.jpg
Villages-Misc-06.jpg (95.11 KiB) Viewed 358 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 1st, 2014, 8:43 am

Late last night I also started a Jungle Village, thinking to make a pod village out of it, in the treetops, which would be fairly difficult to get to work, due to the different levels of the treetops in close proximity to each other. The village floor must only differ by five blocks on the Y axis, from what I've read, though I'm not sure about that, because in some of the natural villages, things are much further spread out on the vertical plane than that. On the other hand, I've noticed that though the villagers will climb up and down a LITTLE bit, they don't generally seem to want to climb up to the houses that are way out of balance, so it may be true.

Anyway...the Jungle Village thing is a moot question right now--at least in the location I found last night, because when I quit the game last night, I quickly teleported to one of the other villages, and totally forgot to write down the already-begun Jungle Village coordinates! Oops!

It isn't really close to any of the others, either...I had been out flying around, while chatting here at the forum, with Patty, so I really don't know how far I had flown. Ah well...it should show up in later days, as I do more exploring. :evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » September 1st, 2014, 1:33 pm

I forgot to comment yesterday about your idea of using Holsinger Keep as a village. I love it! :joy:

I just sent you a PM back. I'm sorry you had DC problems with our multiplayer server. :ohno: We were all at my parents house yesterday for a long weekend with my brother and his family, so I didn't get on my computer much at all. I'm working in TS3 today to get the bed and breakfast finished up, then playing TS4 tomorrow! :-)
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 1st, 2014, 10:10 pm

I'm so looking forward to you having early TS4 screenshots to share with us as the rest of us wait for the package to arrive! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AngelCandy » September 2nd, 2014, 2:19 am

Whoa, you became a master craftsman since the days of the old server. O_O
AngelCandy
Child
Child

Postby lindawing » September 2nd, 2014, 4:26 am

I've always loved the villages, and since I can't play online at this point, well...I make my own friends! :evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 2nd, 2014, 8:42 am

It took me two nights to lay this one out. I found the Savanna Plateau, and it was already basically in the shape of a star, so I went with it.

The fields are already laid, but not planted (except for the sugarcane). I think I'm going to build the star points into five buildings with lots of doors. Even doors in inside partitions get counted as "houses," as long as they have more open spaces at one side, than at the other. At least that's what I've read. So this will be an experiment along those lines. :uhhuh:
Attachments
Villages-SavannaPlateau-Pentagon&Star-A.jpg
Villages-SavannaPlateau-Pentagon&Star-A.jpg (99.33 KiB) Viewed 349 times
Villages-SavannaPlateau-Pentagon&Star-B.jpg
Villages-SavannaPlateau-Pentagon&Star-B.jpg (83.87 KiB) Viewed 349 times
Villages-SavannaPlateau-Pentagon&Star-C.jpg
Adjusted the treeline a bit, and added grasses and flowers to the perimeter
Villages-SavannaPlateau-Pentagon&Star-C.jpg (111.03 KiB) Viewed 349 times
Villages-SavannaPlateau-Pentagon&Star-D.jpg
Villages-SavannaPlateau-Pentagon&Star-D.jpg (70.71 KiB) Viewed 349 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » September 2nd, 2014, 10:46 am

Sweet! That is so cool, Linda. I can't wait to see more. :joy:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 2nd, 2014, 1:46 pm

Thanks, Angel!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » September 16th, 2014, 2:10 am

Loving all this village stuff. So much fun! ;-)
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 16th, 2014, 2:25 am

Woohoo! I haven't been back to my poor little guys, though, since TS4 came out!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 11th, 2014, 1:14 am

The Savanna Star village is complete, now. I didn't take a lot of pictures last night, but here are a few--including a new overview of the star.

Villages-SavannaChurch-01.jpg
Villages-SavannaChurch-01.jpg (392.86 KiB) Viewed 303 times

Villages-SavannaChurch-02.jpg
Villages-SavannaChurch-02.jpg (369 KiB) Viewed 303 times

Villages-SavannaCrowd.jpg
Villages-SavannaCrowd.jpg (384.8 KiB) Viewed 303 times

Villages-SavannaGolem.jpg
Villages-SavannaGolem.jpg (441.86 KiB) Viewed 303 times

Villages-SavannaStar.jpg
Villages-SavannaStar.jpg (525.32 KiB) Viewed 303 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 11th, 2014, 1:16 am

I'll get a few more pictures. That last one was at night, so all the little guys were hiding away inside...in that one room, mostly! :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 11th, 2014, 1:32 am

Here's how the stats look, now. after I RE-repopulated the first three villages the way I wanted them to be, and now have populated the Star as well. Now I'm only trying to control the populace until the 10th villager (unless I'm right there to catch the babies and name them), because once they hit 10, if you have a lot of doors, they populate pretty quickly, and I'm wanting to move on to another village by then.

Roofed Forest Village (Treetops)
Top of Well...
-81 89 10

Founder 1 = Butcher (Butcher)
Founder 2 = Farmer (Fletcher)
Blacksmith 1 = Armorer
Blacksmith 2 = Toolsmith
Blacksmith 3 = Toolsmith
Blacksmith (Unnamed) = Weaponsmith
Butcher 1 = (May Have Died)
Butcher 2 = Butcher
Butcher (Unnamed) = Leatherworker
Cleric 1
Cleric 2
Farmer 1 = Farmer
Farmer 2 = Fletcher
Farmer (Unnamed) = Farmer
Librarian (Unnamed)

Golems = 1

Extreme Hills Village (Triangular)
Top of Well...
242 82 -355

Founder 1 = Leatherworker
Founder 2 = Toolsmith
Cleric 1
Farmer 1 = Shepherd
Farmer 2 =
Blacksmith 1 = Toolsmith
Blacksmith 2 = Armorer
Butcher 1 = Leatherworker
Butcher 2 = Butcher
Butcher 3 = Butcher
Librarian 1
Librarian 2

Golems = 1

Swampland Village (Farms Only--Square)
Inside of Well...
18 63 -359

Founder 1 = Blacksmith (Toolsmith)
Blacksmith 1 = Toolsmith
Blacksmith 2 = Toolsmith
Blacksmith 3 =
Butcher 2 = Leatherworker
Butcher 3 = Butcher
Farmer 1 = Fletcher
Farmer 2 =

Golems = 1

Savanna Plateau (Star)
Inside of Well...
2506 92 -248

Founder 1 = Cleric
Blacksmith 1 = Armorer
Blacksmith 2 = Armorer
Blacksmith 3 = Toolsmith
Butcher 2 = Butcher
Butcher 3 = Leatherworker
Cleric 1
Cleric 2
Cleric 3
Cleric 4
Cleric 5
Farmer 1 = Fisherman
Farmer 2 = Farmer
Farmer 3 = Fletcher
Librarian 1

Golems = 1

When I went back into the game after quite a long time away from it, I realized that the villagers at the Roofed Forest had been multiplying while I had been working on the Swamp village for a bit, to make a couple of routing changes, since it's quite nearby. So I went through and found all of them (I think) and at least got them documented.

Then when I got into the Exteme Hills ranch, I discovered that my horse stall doors were not working properly on one side. :doh: I hadn't offset them correctly. So I fixed that and a couple of routing issues. Then when the golem arrived, he began trampling the gardens quite badly, so I protected them, thus creating some more doors, so the populace started growing again. I don't think I missed naming any babies before I left there. ;-)

In the Savanna Star, once I added the Founders, I had a hard time keeping up with the babies! There are so many doors in that place, that there were babies right and left for a while! I posted the pictures of SOME of the clerics, above. Interestingly, they do seem to love to take shelter in the building that I just randomly named the church!

I still haven't been able to re-find the jungle where I started to build. But I have found another jungle, closer to the other villages. I left myself there, on top of a tall tree. My plan is to build a village of connected pods. I'm not sure how the well will work, but I THINK it will be OK.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Our Singleplayer Games