Crusoe--Linda

This is a public forum. We love to talk about how we're playing Minecraft on our own computers. These discussions don't include either Adventure or Challenge maps--just our own games that we have started from scratch.

Re: Crusoe--Linda

Postby lindawing » June 3rd, 2014, 9:59 pm

OK...I've been fiddling around with cacti, sticky pistons, and tripwire hooks for about five hours, and I still haven't figured out a way to make a cactus trap work any better (which isn't great in the first place) than it does WITHOUT those things. I also haven't figured out any way to guarantee any loot, even though I printed out a couple of trap scenarios. They work, but the looting part doesn't, because the cactus kills the loot, too, except very, very, very occasionally.

So I figure I've put in enough time on that part of the challenge. I've built all SORTS of things, and all it says is to BUILD such a trap...nothing says it has to stay there, or that it has to work in a spectacular manner. So I'm calling it done and moving on.

#9--I have the dog and cats, but still haven't taken them fishing.

#10--I have the stuff to make the jukebox, but will probably have to find a skeleton spawner to get the chirp disc.

#12--Blow up the rest of the ship. I have 19 TNT now. I found a temple a short way away from my mineshaft, and I took the TNT. Now I just need enough gunpowder to make one more TNT.

#13--Making the bakery is "a piece of cake." :evillaugh:

#21--My five golden hoes are ready for naming, but I still haven't found any name tags...grrr.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 4th, 2014, 9:29 am

Crossed off taking the animals fishing, now.

After I took these pictures, I added a little fishing dock right off the front of the cottage, right down on the water. I made sure all the animals were "staying," before I fished, because the darned things have absolutely NO sense about getting into water they can't get out of! :rolleyes:
Crusoe-060314-H.jpg
Crusoe-060314-H.jpg (77.56 KiB) Viewed 264 times

Crusoe-060314-I.jpg
Crusoe-060314-I.jpg (76.19 KiB) Viewed 264 times

Crusoe-060314-J.jpg
Crusoe-060314-J.jpg (87.36 KiB) Viewed 264 times

These pictures don't show how close to sunset they were. Right after I quickly made the little dock, there was a beautiful sunset, but I forgot to get a picture of it to prove the sunset fishing time! Oops! :ohno:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AngelCandy » June 4th, 2014, 6:32 pm

Such a pretty place. It makes me get the old feelings of when Minecraft was new. *sniffle*
AngelCandy
Child
Child

Postby lindawing » June 4th, 2014, 9:03 pm

:evillaugh: I know...sigh...
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 7th, 2014, 11:29 am

As Andrea and Patty know, I spent most of this evening and night trying to find name tags for the challenge in Crusoe where I have to name the hoes I made, to match the survivors. I did find a single dungeon, finally, in which there were two chests. One chest had one name tag, so I still need four tags.

I started out on foot, but finally just sped through a LOT of huge ravines and caves in Creative mode, just for the speed.

In the first one, I kept track of the ore that I destroyed, so that I can get paid back from the creative inventory. When I do that, I do NOT keep track of cobblestone, dirt, gravel, and/or sand. I just let those go, but I make notations of the number of lumps of coal or numbers of ore that I dug out.

After the first of about 50 huge ravines, I stopped tracking that. I already have a TON of chests in my 5-story house, that are filling up fast. I don't need the wealth! If I were going to keep the map and play it, I probably would have gone on counting it all up, but knowing me, as soon as I finish all the challenges, that map will be marked completed and filed away in my archives, and probably never played again, so there's no reason to just keep gathering loot that I don't really need.

I kept thinking maybe I'd find a temple, which had the possibility of more name tags, or at least another dungeon. Such was not the case.

However, I DID find a village. Most of you know how much I love protecting the villagers, so I stopped and did that for several hours. It's a very nice desert village that was fairly easy to protect. After I got that done (pictures below), I searched for a short time again, for a possible nearby temple, but so far no go. I'm quite frustrated about a challenge being set for which the components are obviously in VERY short supply! I DID find a second mineshaft (closer to my main base than the first one I found, actually), and I looted five minecart chests, but...no name tags in any of them. Darn!
Attachments
Crusoe-060714-A.jpg
As you can see, the villagers in Snapshot 14w21b actually do replant their crops, and in a VERY orderly manner! I'm impressed! Every day the farmers go out and make sure that there are no blank spots in the fields, and there are no mixed crops. If a section has wheat, any missing spots are filled with wheat. If it's carrots, that's what they plant. Same for potatoes. That wasn't the case with the first few snapshots after they made the villagers productive. They even hoe the ground if necessary. Nice! They also don't seem quite so prone to jump down into deep dark holes in the ground. They're a little more wary than before.
Crusoe-060714-A.jpg (77.64 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Crusoe-060714-B.jpg
Crusoe-060714-B.jpg (71.81 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Crusoe-060714-C.jpg
Crusoe-060714-C.jpg (54.22 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Crusoe-060714-D.jpg
Crusoe-060714-D.jpg (42.34 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Crusoe-060714-E.jpg
Crusoe-060714-E.jpg (46.65 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Crusoe-060714-F.jpg
Crusoe-060714-F.jpg (60.1 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Crusoe-060714-G.jpg
Crusoe-060714-G.jpg (52.14 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Crusoe-060714-H.jpg
Crusoe-060714-H.jpg (56.75 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Crusoe-060714-I.jpg
Crusoe-060714-I.jpg (57.5 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Crusoe-060714-J.jpg
Crusoe-060714-J.jpg (44.69 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Crusoe-060714-K.jpg
Here's an aerial view of the whole, snug little desert village...all protected for the little guys. Hooray!
Crusoe-060714-K.jpg (66.86 KiB) Viewed 256 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 10th, 2014, 6:34 am

Well...I've completed all the things I think I can complete in Crusoe--including the bakery. I've only been able to find a single name tag, and I'm tired of looking.

I blew up 20 pieces of TNT on the remains of the ship, and got rid of hardly anything except a few stray monsters.

So...I'm now playing Conquistadors.

The Bakery...
Crusoe-060914-A.jpg
Crusoe-060914-A.jpg (79.25 KiB) Viewed 253 times

Crusoe-060914-B.jpg
Crusoe-060914-B.jpg (106.31 KiB) Viewed 253 times

Crusoe-060914-C.jpg
Crusoe-060914-C.jpg (92.91 KiB) Viewed 253 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AngelCandy » June 11th, 2014, 7:20 pm

So cute!!! Good job!!!
AngelCandy
Child
Child

Postby lindawing » June 11th, 2014, 9:40 pm

It's a nice world, really. I didn't get rid of the game. Someday I'll probably go back and play. I put my entire food chest in the bakery, which is just a few steps away from my 5-story house. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Debra » June 16th, 2014, 10:57 pm

Great job Linda!! I'm still working on this one. But I did find the mine and plan to build the 5 story house above the lake before I call it finished. I hope to have it done within a few episodes.
Diamond Deb's YouTube Channel (Not all of my videos are family friendly)

“Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.”
―~Anne Frank~
Debra
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 16th, 2014, 11:36 pm

Thanks, Deb! One of these days I should be able to watch more videos...long story about the internet.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » June 18th, 2014, 10:30 pm

Linda, you are doing an amazing job with this. :joy:

After I read your post here and saw some of Deb's videos I decided to give it a try. I played for a bit but I realized I wasn't going to do everything they wanted so I gave it up. I'm very goal driven and I decided if I wasn't going to actually do the goals then there was no use playing the map. But I am enjoying seeing what others are doing. ;-)
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 19th, 2014, 1:31 am

I thought I'd be able to do everything, but there were some things (like that cactus trap with sticky pistons) that were just not going to work, no matter how hard I tried, and not being able to find any dungeons with more name tags, made that challenge pretty untenable! So...I settled for all the other stuff but those two. I DID really like the map, though, just for regular playing. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Our Singleplayer Games