Installing Sims, Clothing and Patterns

This is a public forum. Over the years we've created many Tutorials for TS2. Most of those have been uploaded here for your use. If you don't find what you need, please ask, and someone will be glad to help, if at all possible.

Installing Sims, Clothing and Patterns

Postby MelodyOkie » December 30th, 2014, 8:14 pm

I've not had a problem installing my lot creations into the new Sims 2 Ultimate Collection; however, I've not been able to install my Sims, Clothing, Walls, Floors, etc. I've installed them, but they do not "install" into the game; whereas all of my lots went to the Teleport Folder and installed as they should. Unfortunately, everything else installs into a dl folder outside of the folder contained in the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder and even if I place the files in the teleport folder - it does no good because they are "package files" and not the temp files the teleport folder uses.

Has anyone figured out how to get sims, clothing, or patterns (walls and floors) they've created in Sims 2 to install into the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?

OK, never mind. Somehow, I've managed to do it. How, I don't know. A couple of things I did included copying that dl folder into the Ultimate Collection folder (it did not contain a dl folder); also copying my Sims 2 Project folder from my original Sims 2 into the Ultimate Collection folder which did not contain one (the project folder contained clothing etc. that I created and the game processed it into that folder). Now my clothing, etc. is now showing up in my game. Not sure what step I took to get it done, and don't know if the above 2 steps had anything to do with it or not, but there you have it. A job well done and no way to tell you how I did it. :ohoh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Installing Sims, Clothing and Patterns

Postby lindawing » December 31st, 2014, 12:08 am

Putting the Downloads folder into the game files did it. That's what I was going to tell you. Also, I'm sure the Project folder probably helped, as well. Good thinking, Melody!

Does the Ultimate Collection automatically pick up your correct screen resolution, now? If so, I may download it one of these nights and switch over, too.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 31st, 2014, 2:29 am

I'm sure it did. However, just like all of the Sims games, the options allows for those changes if needed. I do need to go in and change the camera options - I didn't realize the pictures taken would be so grainy and small. Hoping that can be improved. Sims 3 had the best camera In it!!

I actually plan on playing in all three of the Sims games. I just want to get them set up. Of course, I have my Sims 4 neighborhood set; haven't quite finished setting up my Sims 2 the way I want it, yet. Then there's Sims 3 - still debating on uninstalling everything except Ambitions and Adventures. I'm not wanting to do a re-install, so hoping I can just uninstall what I really don't want and it will work fine. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 31st, 2014, 3:23 am

I should probably just leave well enough alone with TS2. I have it all set up like I want it already. To see it on my larger screen, though, I had to operate on my graphics rules and video card rules, from the old game, since the codes there are TOTALLY outdated from my old install discks. So if the Ultimate Collection allows you to change to your present-day stuff and you can see it large, to play, and have an option for better pictures, then they did upgrade those things. That's good!

Here's hoping you can do what you want with TS3. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 31st, 2014, 3:41 pm

Me, too! I can not handle how very long it takes to mess with that launcher; but even by-passing that, it still takes so very long for the game to come up and then it seems another wait forever to go into the world you want to play. (sigh) And then the game may or may not be slow and hesitant depending on what time of the month it is for it or what the programming says it should be doing and I prefer to be doing something else ... (sigh) I think it will run better without all the things that have been added in that I don't even want in the game. But - we'll see... Maybe I'll work on that today. I'm think I would be better off with a total uninstall and then a clean reinstall of just the base and the 2 eps before it all went bad - I might include showtime, though - because there are those additional jobs that I would miss. I don't know - have to really give that one some thought. And of course there's night life with the movie business. (sigh) I better think more on what it is I'm thinking about... :evillaugh: (And do I want University - it wasn't nearly as much fun as the Sims 2 version, but still - it offers better jobs and I don't mind sending my sims to Uni.... hmmm) (sigh)
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 31st, 2014, 8:22 pm

:lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 31st, 2014, 10:01 pm

:evillaugh: :hug-group-6y: