Using Clean Installer With TS2 Ultimate Colledtion

This is a public forum. Over the years we've created many Tutorials for TS2. Most of those have been uploaded here for your use. If you don't find what you need, please ask, and someone will be glad to help, if at all possible.

Using Clean Installer With TS2 Ultimate Colledtion

Postby PattyHeart » July 21st, 2014, 8:42 pm

I have found that new lots I have built can be saved to file with no problem in the Clean Installer format. However, even thought the CI says a lot has installed it will not have found its way into the game. Some one in a thread at MTS shared how they helped CI find the right path. Unfortunately I cannot wrap my mind around the explanation. Perhaps I am simply DENSE :rotfl: :doh:

Basically this is what was shared:
"So I ran it again and let it use what it thinks is the 'default' folder. Then I found the files that were in that folder:

cb63d098dbdf23c3204d5c1015f1bc2b.Sims2Tmp
cb63d098dbdf23c3204d5c1015f1bc2b.Sims2Import

And I moved them to:

c:\Users\[user]\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2

Ultimate Collection\Teleport\

And then I started the game.

Early conclusion: sims2pack Clean Installer can't natively deal with UC well. But downloaded lots are fine, you just have to move the files into the correct Teleport folder and then run the game. "
(I will go back and get the players screename to give credit)

Anyway, I will give this another try. Perhaps it was too late and my brain was too sleepy :rolleyes:
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: Using Clean Installer With TS2 Ultimate Colledtion

Postby PattyHeart » July 21st, 2014, 8:47 pm

There is a Teleport Folder in my EA folder in Documents Outside of the UC. I opened that up. copied the entire contents and moved all into the Teleport folder found inside of the Ultimate Collection Folder. Now to start up the game...

LATER..IT WORKED!!

So, I am thinking will I need to do this each time I use CI to install a lot? How the heck will I find new ones in there? Should I empty the Teleport folder I just copied from? I could just move the files out and see what happens. Not delete, Just temporarily move them out.

I did before doing anything at all right click on the CI destop icon to see if there was a way in properties to redirect it. Saw no place to do this. :tmi:
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » July 21st, 2014, 8:53 pm

Good luck, Anne!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » July 21st, 2014, 8:58 pm

lindawing wrote:Good luck, Anne!

THANKS, Linda :friends: Edited my post. It worked.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » July 22nd, 2014, 5:16 am

I had a Sims2Pack file that I could install, so I went through the process with Clean Installer. When you hit the Install button, if you unclick the Default installation box, you can pull down the menu and browse to the correct folder inside your UC game files, then go ahead and install from Clean Installer.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » July 22nd, 2014, 10:50 pm

lindawing wrote:I had a Sims2Pack file that I could install, so I went through the process with Clean Installer. When you hit the Install button, if you unclick the Default installation box, you can pull down the menu and browse to the correct folder inside your UC game files, then go ahead and install from Clean Installer.

Thank you. For some reason the CI is now installing into the UC without my needing to make a change to the CI.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » July 23rd, 2014, 2:03 am

OK, then! That's really good! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TS2 Tutorials, Tips, Tricks, & Help