NOTICE FROM ORIGIN about TS2

This is a public forum. Over the years we've created many Tutorials for TS2. Most of those have been uploaded here for your use. If you don't find what you need, please ask, and someone will be glad to help, if at all possible.

Re: NOTICE FROM ORIGIN about TS2

Postby PattyHeart » July 18th, 2014, 1:47 am

MelodyOkie wrote:You are so right! I've thought about that and recently Origin offered a free Peggle game and that is the first time I've dl'd a digital anything from Origin and discovered I must be logged in and on line to play it. I did not like that at all!! So - thinking about this "Store" digital version - I would absolutely hate that!! I've never been one to care for the digital dl versions anyway, but the way it is with Origin makes it even worse because of the need to be on-line to play. No thank you!

Melody, I also downloaded the free Peggle and Plants VS Zombies and am able to play off line. My Sims , however, is played externally online. EDIT: I need to go through the Origin client in off line mode to be able to play Peggle or Plants VS Zombies off line.)
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » July 18th, 2014, 2:51 am

OK...that's good to know, then, for those who go with the new download. Thanks, Anne. :friends:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » July 18th, 2014, 4:45 am

I just read talk about this over at the EA forums and some are having to contact EA reps to prove they own a copy of Sims2 to be able to get the updated digital download. Sounds like there really is a lot of confusion.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » July 18th, 2014, 5:20 am

Yes--Patty was told that she would get a new number to register, if she decided to do it...at least I think that's what she told me. She has all her game CDs and DVDs, and can definitely prove she has registered them before. You'd think that if you had registered at least one of them, that you wouldn't have to re-prove it!

I'm sure they'll get it all ironed out in due time. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » July 18th, 2014, 6:40 am

lindawing wrote:Yes--Patty was told that she would get a new number to register, if she decided to do it...at least I think that's what she told me. She has all her game CDs and DVDs, and can definitely prove she has registered them before. You'd think that if you had registered at least one of them, that you wouldn't have to re-prove it!

I'm sure they'll get it all ironed out in due time. :uhhuh:

From the talk over at the EA forum it is evident that EA reps are working with players and apparently someone shared a photo of their Sims 2 case/ disc and was able to get a code for this. (Interesting). What this does show is (something we players know!) that there are a LOT who still play Sims 2 and that EA is aware of how popular The Sims Two still is.

Who knows. it may even be patched. (?)
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » July 18th, 2014, 7:56 am

I was just thinking that they may have also updated the video card descriptions to today's versions, as well. That would be really nice!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » July 18th, 2014, 2:16 pm

PattyHeart wrote:
MelodyOkie wrote:You are so right! I've thought about that and recently Origin offered a free Peggle game and that is the first time I've dl'd a digital anything from Origin and discovered I must be logged in and on line to play it. I did not like that at all!! So - thinking about this "Store" digital version - I would absolutely hate that!! I've never been one to care for the digital dl versions anyway, but the way it is with Origin makes it even worse because of the need to be on-line to play. No thank you!

Melody, I also downloaded the free Peggle and Plants VS Zombies and am able to play off line. My Sims , however, is played externally online. EDIT: I need to go through the Origin client in off line mode to be able to play Peggle or Plants VS Zombies off line.)

Maybe I worded it incorrectly. Even though I had the icon on my desktop for it, I had to log-in to Origin to play it. Origin minimized, but remained open as long as I was playing. I don't like to have to "log-in" to play my games. To me, whether you are logged in off line or on line, you are still on-line with Origin. If I've dl'd and installed onto my computer, I should not have to "log-in" with Origin when I play the game. (By the way - it turned out to be the same version as I picked up at the store some years ago, so I already own the regular cd version, which is installed and I can play it without the cd and without having to "log-in" to Origin.) :yeah: It would be even worse then, with their new Sims 2 version. I just don't like someone else controlling my games. I want full control and don't think I should have to (ask permission - i.e. "log-in" somewhere on-line, in order to play a game I've paid for.) The reason I have a store version of Sims 2 under OkieOK01, is because I tried that once and had problems - if there were problems with their server, I couldn't play, etc. plus the fact of being (on-line - and having to go through them to get to my game) - so I requested the hard copy and never had to do that again. :yeah: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to TS2 Tutorials, Tips, Tricks, & Help