What Is Happening In Your Sims2 Game ?

This is a public forum. If you have been playing a TS2 legacy or challenge, you may want to share your stories here. Please do not upload files here. Save those for the TS2 Sims Downloads forum.

What Is Happening In Your Sims2 Game ?

Postby PattyHeart » April 21st, 2014, 6:00 pm

I know that a few of us still enjoy our Sims 2 Sims and Nieghborhoods - and thought it could be interesting to share whatever is happening or what we may be working on in our game. :yeah:
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: What Is Happening In Your Sims2 Game ?

Postby PattyHeart » April 21st, 2014, 6:14 pm

As always there is a lot happening in my game!

Several custom nieghborhoods are in play along with Pleasantview and I continue to build new homes and community lots for these.

For the past several weeks I have not been free to spend but very little time enjoying my Sims. I like to think that they have missed me ((LOL))

Last evening I began playing a newly reset Pleasantville (cleaned up a bit with Hoodchecker and the 'BatBox'). Decided to start out with the Broke household where, happily, young Dustin has been disuaded from following a life of crime! His LTW is to become Chief Of Staff so it was not difficult to have him find a teen job in the Medical Career field.

Dustin is not happy about all the talk going around town (gossip really) suggesting that his mother may have had a hand in his father's tragic pool ladder accident. It is rumored that she had married only because she was pregnant and needed a place to live and someone to pay the bills. There is specualtion that Brandi took out a generous life insurance policy on her spouse.

Brandi refuses to leave the house ....
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » April 21st, 2014, 6:32 pm

Oh dear! What a tangle! Glad to hear that Dustin has decided to go straight, though! ;-)

Have you seen these, Patty?

viewforum.php?f=65

Twisted Valley is complete, now, and I'm working on Monopoly. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » April 21st, 2014, 7:37 pm

Linda, so good to see Monopoly and Twisted Valley have arrived here :-)

Just spent some time downloading furniture recolours (etc.) for my game at MTS..in addition to CC and recolours from NS. Found a lovely mobile home park there that is perfect for Pleasantview...thinking that Brandi may consider moving her family there...nicer and more for the boys to be doing out of doors.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=498678
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » April 21st, 2014, 8:29 pm

That's really cute!

That reminds me to, at some point, upload our Seaside Valley, which was one of our original shared neighborhoods. It contains an multi-lot "trailer park," with which we had GREAT fun! There are also some other really, really nice lots in it, plus Sims that we made especially for the hood.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MamaLambNC » May 8th, 2014, 3:48 am

I have been doing alot...in Pleasantview, I'm starting from the beginning. I've got clean copies of the dead Sims all resurrected & I'm going to bring them up to date. You start off with families like Victor & Gretle Goth, Simon & Prudence Crumplebottom, Les & Kyndra Pleasant, just to mention a few. Then you allow them to have their children & see how they turn out. I love playing the ones that were meant by EA to stay dead. Where there's a will, there's a way!

I've also got a medieval neighborhood & Linda helped me build a decent castle with a root cellar in one of the turrets. Way cool! Now I've got to get my other buildings & the peasant houses & etc. built.

Then there's my Castaway neighborhood that someone extracted out all the Sims from the Sims Castaway stand-alone game & I'm now playing them in Sims 2. I'm enjoying my Sims 2 as much as ever!!
Loving Helpmeet To: Bryan (39 yrs.)
Proud Mama To: BJ - 35, Angel - 31, Kathy - 27, & Shaun - 24
Caring Grandmother To: Rafael - 8, Nadya - 6, & Bruce - 3
MamaLambNC
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » May 8th, 2014, 5:33 pm

:joy: You've even got me building in TS2, Patty. :rotfl:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » September 18th, 2015, 12:09 am

Well, what is happening in my game this autumn is a lot of building along with working on a special neighborhood dedicated to Wendy Hillcrest. I thought I had saved all of her lots, yet, it looks like some have gone missing. Included in the town are my Brit Sit Com homes and two new rows of 'high street shops'. By using a mod it was possible to build rentable apartments over one of the rows of shops. (Something I've always wished to accomplish!). While play testing I discovered that my lot tester Sim can not actually buy groceries there. SO, went back in and made changes to the grocer's shop. There is also a small night club there where I needed to replace the disc jockey thingamajig with a stereo ( bar tenders appear, but, no disc jockey), AND.. removed the wall music speaker from the clothing shop because it never shuts up and can be heard in every shop and in my Sim's apartment. Moved her back in after making changes and things work much more sensibly..except for the tree that caught on fire owing to a lightening strike and could not be put out!!
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » September 18th, 2015, 12:27 am

oh :doh: I remember those horrid lightening strikes!! They never failed to catch a tree on fire or singe my sim. I actually had one sim die from a lightening strike. :doh: I had totally forgotten about that.

I loved apartments in Sims 2! I loved creating them as well. I did come to love creating apartments in Sims 3; and actually enjoyed that more; even though only 1 sim/sim family could occupy it while the rest were filled with npcs. I was happy to provide those townies with a place to live - rather than having them moving in with my sims in their one bedroom homes without my knowledge... :evillaugh:

It has really been quite an adventure when you think about it. Starting with Sims 1 and progressing through Sims 2 and Sims 3 and now starting fresh with Sims 4. Our Sims have certainly kept us busy and entertained for many years now. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 18th, 2015, 2:53 am

:uhhuh: MANY years! I'm not sure I want to count them up!!! :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » September 18th, 2015, 2:57 am

It's hard to believe, isn't it? At least 16, it seems - maybe more. :doh: :evillaugh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 18th, 2015, 4:07 am

I just checked...it was February 2000 when the Sims 1 was released. So we are working on the 16th year. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » September 18th, 2015, 1:48 pm

Wow! I thought so. I know I got Sims 1 in Houston and Sims 2 in Oklahoma, as well as Sims 3. So I must have played Sims 1 for a year before Terry got the job in Oklahoma. We were in Oklahoma for 13 years and we've been here 2 years next month. Yep! 16 years. I can't believe that I spent the entire 13 years in Oklahoma playing and creating for The Sims. :doh: It's amazing. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 18th, 2015, 11:01 pm

Time really does go by quickly...except when we're waiting for something, of course! :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TS2 Sims Discussions