Robotics

This is a public forum. If you're creating or have found some Sims that you want to discuss, or you have some photos you'd like to share, this is the place. Feel free to post polls if you want community input. If you're playing a legacy or a challenge, you could post your stories here. Please do not post the actual Sims files here. Those should be posted in the TS3 Sims Downloads forum.

Robotics

Postby MelodyOkie » July 15th, 2014, 8:59 pm

I have spent some time uninstalling the eps and sps I did not want, only to find I missed them, although I've never actually played them. So all has been reinstalled - which precipated a "clean" start. Now, finally having put my store items back into my game, I've chosen to put my stuff back in as I am ready for it or need it. I am going to set up each world alphabetically and after getting community lots and if room, any extra residential lots placed, then empty residentials occupied. (The game really does not like to have every home occupied and families that came with that ep will disappear to give an empty home or two. I've found that even if I place apartments so there are plenty of spaces for those game generated npc's/townies - the game still wants an empty. I am guessing this is to allow for expansion - babies and all...). Anyway, not only have I reinstalled everything, made a clean start, I am leaving everything turned on until I've experienced that particular game play, or until I just can't stand it anymore - whichever comes first. Memories hit the - I can't stand it anymore category (at least those constant notifications). I've turned off the notifications for now and will most likely turn off memories altogether, depending on how it affects my gameplay.

So - I've started with Appaloosa and decided to just play the last sim I've placed - Cornell Carranza. He wants to build robots. I went round the neighborhood making sure all the sims I've placed are employed and know what bed they should be sleeping in. Once I returned to Cornell - this is how he's dressed now ...

Books.jpg
Books.jpg (238.7 KiB) Viewed 585 times

(I placed the Robot Factory or whatever that is across the street from where he lives. He spends a lot of time there. In the above picture, he is purchasing books about robots and how to build them.)

In the following pictures he is learning about and creating chips and nanos or something.

Chips.jpg
Chips.jpg (262.11 KiB) Viewed 585 times

Learning.jpg
Learning.jpg (187.6 KiB) Viewed 585 times

Nanos.jpg
Nanos.jpg (240.3 KiB) Viewed 585 times

And here he is examing one of the robots on display for sale:

Robots.jpg
Robots.jpg (227.84 KiB) Viewed 585 times

They are pretty expensive, so I think he will just have to learn to build one on his own. After all he must have created that get-up he's wearing.

I am thinking of sending him off to college soon and then possibly a trip to the future is in his future. Hope he takes that box off his head sometime soon. :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Robotics

Postby MelodyOkie » July 15th, 2014, 9:24 pm

Back already? So I'm thinking he will change back into his regular clothes at some point - but maybe not? When he got home, he took a shower ... wearing his boxes:

Shower in Boxes.jpg
Shower in Boxes.jpg (301.01 KiB) Viewed 583 times

Then he went to bed - in his boxes:

Bed in Boxes.jpg
Bed in Boxes.jpg (135.63 KiB) Viewed 583 times

The next morning he left for work, wearing his boxes!!

Work in Boxes.jpg
Work in Boxes.jpg (110.22 KiB) Viewed 583 times

At least his job is in the film industry. Maybe he needs to wear his boxes for whatever film he's working on or in? :evillaugh: His carpool person certainly didn't think anything about it:

Box Car Pool.jpg
Box Car Pool.jpg (127.87 KiB) Viewed 583 times

I will be interested to see how this all turns out. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » July 15th, 2014, 10:23 pm

Oh my goodness, what's with the boxes? My sim got to level 7 of the robot career. Whenever she went to the future or back a glitch lost all the trait chips from her robot that she'd (I'd) worked so hard to achieve! I got a bit fed up with that, it kind of became a bit tedious after a while, however she does have a lovely robot who lives with her now.
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » July 15th, 2014, 11:54 pm

That is so funny! :evillaugh:

I may be able to actually see some of this soon, too, as my computer is now more powerful. Woot! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » July 16th, 2014, 12:39 am

Lisa! That's terrible!! Something I need to watch when I send my bot fan sim who shows his support of robots by dressing up like a robot, to the future!!

Linda - it's silly and funny and fun all at the same time. I never expected it! But I think it's cute as well!! :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » July 16th, 2014, 3:55 am

;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » July 16th, 2014, 10:08 am

Maybe what you could do, is save right before you go to the future, see if the robot has all its trait chips, if not, don't save, go back, remove the trait chips, put in inventory and then travel. My sim has successfully kept trait chips in her inventory through time travel, so maybe that's an awkward fix.
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » July 16th, 2014, 1:20 pm

Good idea Lisa! :yeah: :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TS3 Sims Photos & Discussions