Renovation Time--Linda

This is a public forum. The first challenge in the New Versions of Old Challenges series, is called Renovation Time. You are welcome to give Melody's new take on this old challenge a try. It looks like great fun!

Renovation Time--Linda

Postby lindawing » February 6th, 2017, 1:00 pm

I downloaded your couple, Melody, and was going to use them and the same house, but then I remembered that I've been doing all of my challenges in a special world (Challengeville), so decided to look for some starter homes in the gallery and use one of them. Then I decided (after finding what I wanted) to use two people from the Household Management panel.

I put them together, then used the cas.fulleditmode cheat to fix them up as follows, then move them into the very slightly-changed starter home (I actually ended up with it costing less, even though I added more slightly more floor space and a couple of windows. Go figure!

The Renovas have purchased a tiny house and lot, unseen. They plan to renovate it, while learning to fish, garden, clean, cook, entertain, and party. In fact, their lifelong goal as a couple, is to have at least one GREAT dinner party (at which they will serve Lobster Thermidor). Along the way, they will learn many other things--including how to renovate their house and enlarge it, since their family is liable to grow, plus their circle of friends will, also.

RT-RenovaFamily-Closeup.png
RT-RenovaFamily-Closeup.png (539.39 KiB) Viewed 377 times

RT-RenovaFamily-Paul.png
RT-RenovaFamily-Paul.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 377 times

RT-RenovaFamily-Trudi.png
RT-RenovaFamily-Trudi.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 377 times

Paul aspires to become a Party Animal. He's Gregarious, and Self-Assured. He is also a Foodie and a bit of a Neat freak.

Trudi is set on becoming a Master Mixologist. She has the Essence of Flavor, which could be helpful. She's also a Dance Machine, and very Outgoing. She shares the Neat trait with her husband Paul.

You can find them here (be sure you are logged in at the Gallery site first, then use this link in your browser):
https://www.thesims.com/gallery/0FE5928 ... axis=false
(The link has been replaced with a corrected one, since the first CaS save had the couple as roommates, not spouses.)

Their new house (purchased without seeing it first) is in Newcrest. It's a 20x15 lot with a small, completely unfurnished (not even any toilets or kitchen appliances), one-bedroom starter. As a young married couple just starting out, they had $20,000. They chose their home because it was priced at only $4,003, which left them $15,997 to get started on their life together. Given that the house is completely empty, that may not go very far, but they are ready to work and earn what they can to make this marriage thrive.

RT-20x10LotTraits&UnfurnishedStarter-01.png
RT-20x10LotTraits&UnfurnishedStarter-01.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 377 times

RT-20x10LotTraits&UnfurnishedStarter-02.png
RT-20x10LotTraits&UnfurnishedStarter-02.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 377 times

These pictures were taken before I made the house slightly (as in two squares in length) larger.
RT-House-01.png
RT-House-01.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 377 times

RT-House-02.png
RT-House-02.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 377 times

RT-House-03.png
RT-House-03.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 377 times

RT-House-04.png
RT-House-04.png (1.42 MiB) Viewed 377 times

RT-House-05.png
RT-House-05.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 377 times

This one is right after the Renovas actually moved in. Sorry I forgot to get the exterior shots, but you can see the changes, from the inside.

RT-House-06.png
RT-House-06.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 375 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Renovation Time--Linda

Postby MelodyOkie » February 6th, 2017, 1:56 pm

What a great idea! On both counts - the home and the couple!! :joy:

I had intended to also use "My Challenges" save where I had put everyone for all of my own created challenges .... however, someone messed up and well - here I am with a whole new game started without thinking. But, that's ok, because, I've not actually played them yet, so.... I think when I do go back into the game, I will just pull them from the gallery and place them in "My Challenges", since we are not limited to just the one world; so they can still go in The Crick Cabana in Willow Creek in "My Challenges" game. :yeah:

I love the pictures and what a great start!! The home is so tiny!! Hey - A Bed, a Bath, what more do you need? :yeah:
Love this idea!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 6th, 2017, 8:32 pm

When I'm at my computer, I'll post the name of the person who made the cute little legacy starters, so others can download them if they like. They're quite clever, and it's fun to have something different than just my own typical little build, for a change. I had thought of just getting a copy of the Crick Cabana to put on a different empty lot in Challengeville, but I've actually used and renovated it at least twice before, so something new was/is fun. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 6th, 2017, 8:39 pm

I 'm quite interested to see how the Renova children will look! I really didn't realize they looked quite so similar, until I changed both their hair styles!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 6th, 2017, 10:02 pm

Me, too! That will be interesting to see, for sure!! :uhhuh: I'm so glad you've been able to get a start. I've still not had an opportunity to go into the game. Why, I don't know. The day just slipped right by me. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 7th, 2017, 12:52 am

Well, I had intended to get in, a couple of hours ago, but I took one of my heavy duty antihistamines because I was sneezing and coughing again, and it (predictably) knocked me out...sigh.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 7th, 2017, 2:06 am

Ahhh! Hope you are feeling better now. I actually took a moment to put my couple in the right game. :doh: :evillaugh: Hope they aren't too confused .... :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 7th, 2017, 5:11 am

:lol: I moved in my Library-saved couple five times before I was done, because I wanted them to have the house just right when they paid the price, so I could go from there, and I kept forgetting to do things, so kept deleting them and moving them back in. Poor Sims! :grin:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 7th, 2017, 9:33 am

Tonight, Paul and Trudi spent nearly all their remaining funds paying the movers to deliver and set up their furnishings, after they had made a few more small renovations to the house itself so the furnishings would all fit inside. Even then, they had to sell a few items to passers by, since they were down to about $20 at one point. As it stands, after all of the following was accomplished, they still have $545 in the bank. Whew! Good job, Renova family! What will you do next?

RT--020717-A.png
RT--020717-A.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 367 times

RT--020717-B.png
RT--020717-B.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 367 times

RT--020717-C.png
RT--020717-C.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 367 times

RT--020717-D.png
RT--020717-D.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 367 times

RT--020717-E.png
RT--020717-E.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 367 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 7th, 2017, 2:01 pm

:joy: I do like their last name a lot! So perfect!! Their little house is so cute!! I am sure it won't remain a "little" house, but I am quite sure it will remain a darling house as it grows!! Looking forward to see how they progress. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 8th, 2017, 12:02 am

Me too! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to #1--Renovation Time