Uploads/Downloads Discussion

This is a private forum--Members Only. Once you've created a Lot or a Sim Family for Monopolized, create a new Topic in this forum, then upload your files to it. Be sure to describe the upload, add some photos, and add the files. Thanks!

Uploads/Downloads Discussion

Postby lindawing » August 29th, 2016, 1:31 am

Please use a REPLY to upload your completed Lots and/or Sims. I'll download them from here and put them into the official saved game for publishing later. Thanks!

NOTE: If you download and install the empty saved game from HERE, you can download these Lots and Sims individually, and place them in the world where they are supposed to go. Then you won't need to download the official saved game later. :uhhuh:

You can also build your lots in that saved gamed, or just build them on the corresponding lot in any other saved game you wish.

Before you upload your Lot or Sim, you should make sure there's no custom content included, and playtest a copy. Thank you!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Uploads/Downloads Discussion

Postby lindawing » August 31st, 2016, 1:03 am

I've just created a sub-forum, so all the lots can be put into separate topics. This is just too hard going back and forth through a single topic. :uhhuh: Once I set it up, I'll move all the posts to the correct existing topics as quickly as I can.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 31st, 2016, 1:27 am

:joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 31st, 2016, 1:30 am

I've dl'd Patty's lodge and Anne's Reading Room. I was so pleased that my 7-Zip was able to handle the rar package. I've not been able to do that before, but it seems to have unzipped it for me. :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 31st, 2016, 1:32 am

Oh, cool!!! 7-zip is great! It works for everything. Love it!

I'm going to be putting some photos in the Reading Room topic (as soon as I divide it out. There is one interior wall panel that needs to be painted the same as the surrounding area.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 31st, 2016, 2:10 am

Whew! Done! I had forgotten how much work splitting things out is! Reminder to self...always make the subforum in the first place! :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » September 10th, 2016, 12:26 am

As I prepare to upload Indiana Ionic, I just wanted to let you know that if it does not meet the requirements that was in mind for this Family Mansion, please feel free to remove it and allow someone else the opportunity.

What I've done is I've taken my Sorority Sister's Tri-Var House and recolored it, as well as expanded one of the rooms to make a Master Suite. Since it has the columns, I thought it would work ... but I don't know if it is quite what you had in mind?

Also, Windenburg. I've not even played in this place or checked it out. What a horrible place this is. How in the world are the sims supposed to get to and from home and which way do you turn the house? You will see that I had no idea and may have turned the house in the wrong direction since the game placed them in the back yard when I had them purchase the home. Let me know, and if you do, indeed want to use this home here, then I will gladly turn it? If you point me in the right direction, that is... :) And then I can re-upload it ... if you want, that is.

Thank you so much!! :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 10th, 2016, 12:59 am

Oh! I didn't realize about the house direction! I'll check it out as soon as possible. I LOVE the house and family! I knew I recognized the house from somewhere, but which one it was, eluded me. It's perfect! The family is great, also...so cute!

I actually love Windenburg, for its looks, at least, but have only played in it a tiny bit. The Sims get around by clocking/teleporting, of course...sigh. In TS3 it would have been water taxi. :LOL:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » September 10th, 2016, 2:08 am

I was wondering if they had introduced boats are something - because there just isn't a way around unless they had ... except, of course for the mystical sims teleporting around and about .... :yeah: :evillaugh:

I am so glad you like it. Recoloring totally changed how it looked! I thought if I were to remove the balcony on the front, but I don't know how to make those columns 2 stories tall and they are stacked.... :yeah:

The family I had originally created for my Winter Island family, but they looked so perfect for this and I've not had an opportunity to play them; so I thought, maybe they would not mind a change in name and venue. After all, they get to live in a Mansion and teleport around!! :evillaugh: :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 10th, 2016, 3:14 am

Exactly, about the family! :grin:

Columns in TS4 stretc, I believe, but I like it just as it is. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » September 10th, 2016, 1:04 pm