Discussion & Development

This was a member-only project forum that has now been converted to a public forum, even though the world isn't really complete. We can't actually make new worlds for TS4, but we CAN start out with a completely empty world, place lots where we want them, and populate the world any way we like. The world is loosely based upon the United States Monopoly Board's deed colors and names, with the lots spread out among all the parts of the world that we had as of August 27, 2016. Any new parts of the world that are added to TS4 by the time this "map" is complete, will be converted to empty residential lots, for downloaders to fill as they wish. The motivation for this project is to have fun with TS4, build pretty color-themed homes and special community lots similar to the special game spaces on the board (Community Chest, Chance, Luxury Tax, etc.), and to create special theme-named Sims to inhabit the world.

Discussion & Development

Postby lindawing » August 27th, 2016, 12:27 pm

This is the place to discuss this project and help develop it. Only Registered Users can see anything in this forum, at this time. This topic will be deleted once we publicize the saved world.

If you're interested in participating in this project, please check out the GUIDELINES and the "I'm Interested" Topics.

Then feel free to post any ideas, suggestions, possible changes, etc., ask questions, or generally discuss the project as we go along. It's an open discussion. :yeah: :uhhuh: :joy: :hooray:

If you want the EMPTY version of Monopolized (saved to the 10000009 slot), you can download it right here (UPDATED for City Living--11/06/16). NOTE: If you already used Slot_10000009.save or if you've already been adding your Monopolized households into that save without using the SAVE AS feature, then you'll need to rename the updated save to another number at the end--something you don't already have in your Saves folder.

Monopolized-A1-Download.zip
UPDATED with Emptied San Myshuno--11/06/16
(2.55 MiB) Downloaded 15 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

First Photo

Postby lindawing » August 27th, 2016, 12:47 pm

This is what I've done tonight, to get this ball rolling. As you can see, it's only the tip of the iceberg, but I'm excited to get my mind wrapped around even this little part. Please feel free to let me know what parts of the world (I started with my completely empty one, and saved it as Monopolized) you feel would be appropriate for the different parts of the Monopoly Game. I'll post a .pdf version of my beginning spreadsheet (stolen from part of our huge TS2 spreadsheet), so you can see what the photo (below) is about.
GraniteFalls--GREEN.jpg
GraniteFalls--GREEN.jpg (173.63 KiB) Viewed 425 times

By the way, I really did have the game set onto the right side of my screen, as I had the list set onto the left side. This is a 22" widescreen monitor (I'm using 1920x1080 as my resolution, though my graphics card will go a WHOLE lot higher than that...oh my!), and it really works great to do this kind of setup with both applications running, right next to each other! This "print screen" is sized down to 1280x720 (which is the way I do all my stuff for YouTube and here). Be sure to click on the thumbnail to see the photo better.

I outlined the GREEN area on the spreadsheet in the picture, so you could see how I started organizing things. The other colors will be done in that same manner, later. I left the $$$ amounts in there, for now, to help guide me as I go, for the residential areas, in particular. As you can see by just the GREEN area, things won't be the same as we've done before. As I said in the Guidelines, I'm LOOSELY basing this on the Monopoly Board, by using the color themes, the end-of-build pricing, and the community lot areas. There will also be the real police station and jail, which I actually think CAN be redesigned, now, since one of the more recent patches came out, because they mentioned finding out what was keeping that from happening totally successfully. Even if we DON'T redesign it, it can be renamed as the JAIL. ;-) Then there are the other Go-To-Work areas to think about...lots of things to discuss about that part.

As we get the different areas organized, I'll re-publish the .pdf until the whole basic format is there. After that, I'll work on expanding the format to include more information for those who want it, down the line, when the world save goes public.

NOTE: I've replaced the .pdf file in the next post.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Discussion & Development

Postby lindawing » August 28th, 2016, 10:05 am

Since this comment was initially posted, there have been several changes to the following .pdf file.

I formatted the file to be printed on an 11" x 17" (tabloid) page, so that it can be seen on a single page in your .pdf reader (I use FoxIt, by the way, rather than Adobe). If you want to print it, just tell it to use 8-1/2" x 11" (letter-size) paper, and then scale it to fit onto the chosen paper. It should still be pretty readable. Or you could scale it to print full-size, on as many sheets of the chosen paper as necessary (which would be four), which you could then trim and tape together.

It's also easily readable on-screen, and you can just use it that way, without having to print it, if you prefer.

UPDATED AND REPLACED: Sunday, October 23, 2016 (changes made to the Red zone)
Monopolized-Setup.pdf
(33.25 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 28th, 2016, 1:11 pm

Looks good Linda! You've done "Lotza Stuff" already!! Really excited about this project! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby TeresaJo » August 28th, 2016, 7:18 pm

The layout looks great.!
Active Story, Founding Generation | Babbling Brooks, an Insane Sims 4 Legacy
Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007 | All of my Completed Stories
TeresaJo
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » August 28th, 2016, 10:44 pm

:hooray:

So you all don't think my lot names are too crazy? :rotfl:

If anyone can think of a house style to go with either New or York, we can drop the Cleveland, and get NY back in the game. :uhhuh:

Did you figure out what space "Come In for Coffee" is?

As for Luxury Tax, it is the mandatory Country Chalet...paid for by resident taxes, you know? :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 28th, 2016, 11:06 pm

I didn't read the names ... I am sure they will all be just fine though and how fun it will be to be color coordinated! (Unless someone is color blind, of course .... :grin: )

(Come in for Coffee - 20x40 (what I've always considered Section 3 In Newcrest). Coffee House Café - a stocked, ready to play bakery, maybe? Wait ... what is the question?
:evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 29th, 2016, 1:02 am

What Monopoly deed name did I replace for that one?

It is...INCOME TAX. Get it?
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 29th, 2016, 1:05 am

All of the Chance lots have Chance...in one form or another...in the names. The Community lots, the same way.

JAIL is the police station

RUINED...Go to Jail...it's the only thing I could think of for that one, since the police department and jail are a single lot in Get to Work. :lol:

The hospital and the science center are just extras. I thought about making the Science Center into the GO lot (as in Go to Space), but decided that Go Shopping made more sense for the world in general. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 29th, 2016, 1:24 am

The updated .pdf file (for pricing) is here:
(Residential Pricing Adjusted)
download/file.php?id=22296

Attaching the world in this post:

Monopolized-A1-Download.zip
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 11 times

Unzip the folder. Inside, you'll find the "Slot_10000009.save" file, which should go to the following game folder:

Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Saves

More than likely you don't have any slotted games that begin with the number 1, but you should check first, just in case. If you do, then before you put the file into the saves folder, just change the name to "Slot_20000009.save" instead. If you have any problem with the new world coming up in your game, just choose the lot on which you want to build, by looking at the spreadsheet and the photos shown here:
viewtopic.php?f=405&t=3238&p=25182#p25173

When the Monopolized--A1 save comes up in your game, you can find all the named lots on it, just like they are in the photos (link above).

You can build in any world, if you can't or don't want to download the A1 save. Then upload the file in the new topic for that, that I'm just going to start.

NOTE: I would prefer that you don't put Monopolized stuff in your gallery, though I'm not making it a rule. I would really like to make the whole world downloadable, EXCLUSIVELY, here, when we get to a "completion point."
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 29th, 2016, 12:58 pm

Linda - Thank you!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 29th, 2016, 6:05 pm

You're welcome!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » August 30th, 2016, 5:29 pm

What a lovely idea! I'd really love to commit to a lot but at the moment I just have so little time! Maybe if there are lots available in a couple of weeks I'll have some more free time :friends:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » August 30th, 2016, 6:15 pm

I have a question. Do we need to use the monopoly color (where possible as there is no color wheel) when building??

Can we save to our private library ( I am assuming we can) just so long as we keep the lot private and do not share in the public gallery??
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » August 30th, 2016, 6:25 pm

Anne, I was wondering about that as well - on the color issue. I have been struggling with the color purple. I want a color wheel so bad right about now!! :evillaugh:

As far as where we save - we have to save to our Library in order to get our files to zip and place here; we just need to remember not to hit the share button .... :uhhuh: This brings up another question, though. I am actually planning on using some of my already created builds; adjusting where necessary, in color, etc. Those have already been shared, however, I won't share the new version of them. Is there a problem using my creations from the past and fine-tuning them as it were, for use in Monopoly? :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Monopolized