The World (Redone in March 2014)

We had such fun with our TS2 Monopoly Board, that we made one for TS3, as well. Unfortunately, there were problems with things sinking, when lots were added. That was fixed in late 2011, but somewhere along the line, it started having problems again. The version that is uploaded here was created in March 2014. It's not perfect, and you may have to do some work on installed lots, but it's still a fun world, and I'm re-uploading it now (June 2016), for those who want to give it a try. This is a public forum.

The World (Redone in March 2014)

Postby lindawing » June 29th, 2016, 1:22 am

Our Monopoly world for TS3 was taken down two years ago, due to problems that had once been fixed, but which popped up again with a later patch...typical of EA. They never were solved entirely, and some of the lots were having quite a few problems. It's now been re-uploaded, in case any of you would like to have it.

MonopolyRedux-040314.png
MonopolyRedux-040314.png (59.61 KiB) Viewed 374 times

This is the most current version of the Monopoly world that I did (in March 2014). It's not perfect, and some things still don't work. Some lots that get installed may have to be fixed. Still...we have always enjoyed this world, and some of us have really missed it. I never uninstalled it from my game, and it basically works. So if you'd like to download it and give it a try, here it is...again. :yeah:

This world has no lots and no Sims installed. It's the world only. It should work in any version of the game, though there are a few things in it that would go missing if you were all the way back to base game, I believe.

MonopolyRedux-FINAL-040314.Sims3Pack
(12.86 MiB) Downloaded 21 times

I'll be posting my saved world in another topic, and will also make a third topic that will have links to lots that are were posted in several other areas of the forum when the world was taken down two years ago.

This world and the earlier version, created on February 6, 2011, use the same "seed," so to speak. You cannot have them both installed at the same time. If you don't like one, try the other, but you'll have to uninstall the one, in order to install the other. You can pick up the 2011 version here:

viewtopic.php?f=404&t=3209#p24804
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The World (Redone in March 2014)

Postby MelodyOkie » June 29th, 2016, 1:24 am

Thank you Linda!! The world looks wonderful and I can't wait to get it set-up in my game and ready to play!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 29th, 2016, 1:33 am

:joy: I'm working on getting my saved world posted, now.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 29th, 2016, 6:48 am

I had thought the 2011 file was a different save of the world files, but it isn't, so it's either one or the other, and since the 2011 one had so many more problems than this one, I've changed my mind about offering it. If you don't like this version, though, I'll make sure you get the older one. Just let me know.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 29th, 2016, 7:41 pm

This version is great Linda!! I am working on placing all the lots. I've chosen to place those empty residential lots with my sims from Four Corners in their homes. I believe it was a perfect match-up for the empty lots needing a home!! Now I'm working on completing the community lot placements. Just so happy to have this!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 29th, 2016, 11:03 pm

Me too! :hooray:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Monopoly