Rules

This is a public forum. The challenge was invented by lindawing, who hopes you will have fun with it, too.

Rules

Postby lindawing » May 9th, 2016, 6:45 am

I used to have a "Messy Mess" challenge lot made by Mariella (that's all I can remember about her). She quit simming at some point. Wendy and Floor had both been featured creators on her site, of which I can't remember the name, for anything. I checked through the Sims 2 Graveyard stuff, to see if I recognized her site (forum) name, but didn't come up with anything. I thought I had the lot somewhere, but it seems to have gotten lost over the years.

So I'm making this challenge up as I go. I'll make the rules pretty loose and flexible, so that it should be able to be used for TS2, TS3, or TS4.

Because I have to create the lot in the first place, whereas I originally downloaded a HUGELY messy house that had to be fixed up for the challenge, I decided the best thing to do would be to make a Part 1 and a Part 2 for the challenge, and make it so that each of us would start our own Sims and our own lots, and share how we progressed from there, with a few parameters to meet as we go.

Part 1 will be added to the next post, and Part 2 to the post after that (which I'll be HOLDING as soon as I finish this post). When you begin your own challenge, you should make your own New Topic to hold both parts of your challenge-in-progress, as will I.

I'll also create a Discussion topic, where questions may be asked, and suggestions may be made.

NOTE to ADMINS: I've locked this Rules topic. You may not notice that, so I'm asking you here, not to post in this topic, but to use the Discussion topic, instead. Thanks. :-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Part 1--Making the Mess

Postby lindawing » May 9th, 2016, 6:47 am

(1) Start a New Topic for a backstory and photos. Be sure you get the Messy House part and your name into the topic subject (mine will be titled Messy House--Linda). That will be topic you use to share your entire challenge.

(2) Create a single LAZY or SLOB, and anything-else-except-NEAT Sim to your own satisfaction (be sure to take pictures of his/her clothing).

(3) Move said Sim into a completely empty lot of your choice (any size or location). No cheats that would affect monetary outcome or Sim achievements, etc., are allowed after playing has begun. You may, however, use "bb.moveobjects" and "F5" to place items.

(4) The Sim needs to build a basic home with the funds available. The house may be finished, or not--depending on your "druthers." In other words, Part 2 may include FIXING it up, along with CLEANING it up. After all...#1 Sim is LAZY, right?

(5) He/she may get a job and work toward any goals you like...or not...up to you. However, what MUST happen, is that your MAIN goal is to get every appliance in the house that you have added, BROKEN! Since the Sim must be LAZY (and not NEAT), that shouldn't be too hard to do. No messes may be cleaned up...EVER! That also shouldn't be too hard, but just in case, you must stop any actions that would make a countertop get clean after something is spilled, etc., etc., etc.

(6) The LAZY Sim does not HAVE to be kept Happy, but should at least be Fine most of the time, unless you've made the Sim to be an unhappy one. :lol)

(7) When the house is messed up the worst way you can get it, or your #1 Sim is not able to buy anything anymore (whichever comes first) you must evict him/her out to the Household Management Panel, so that he/she will be available to interface with your #2 Sim as an NPC/Townie (you may follow that storyline if you like, or just drop the #1 Sim...up to you). Take as much time as you need...no hurries.

(8) Be sure to take pictures (or make a video series) and tell us what happens!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Part 2--Cleaning the Mess

Postby lindawing » May 9th, 2016, 6:47 am

(1) Create another new Sim, who will be your NEAT Sim. This Sim may NOT be lazy or a slob. Anything else will do. The mix is up to you, but I'd suggest someone with a lot of energy! :lol: Don't forget to share pictures of that entirely different-style Sim! (You'll be adding photos and continuing story to your original Topic--don't create a new one for Part 2.)

(2) I'm not sure, but I THINK a single Sim SHOULD be able to buy such a depreciated lot without any extra funds, but if necessary, you may have the Sim move in with "freerealestate on" when placing the Sim.

(3) Once in the house, your new NEAT Sim must begin cleaning things up and/or repairing items, WITHOUT CALLING ANY REPAIR SIMS OR HOUSEKEEPERS! No money cheats or testing cheats are allowed, and no new things may be purchased. This means that anything broken MUST be fixed, so your Sim (brand new out of the box) must somehow get skilled up enough to make those repairs on his/her own, yet somehow be able to cook or otherwise eat. A job/career may be obtained, or not--your choice. Just remember that all funds must come "legally."

(4) If the house has never been finished by Sim #1, then the basic house, at least, must be finished by Sim #2. NO WALLS MAY BE CHANGED OUT, but doors and/or windows may be moved as necessary. Everything else may be changed (porches, foundations, wall-coverings, stairs, etc.), and anything may be added--the sky's the limit, as long as funds are available).

(4) Oh, yeah...you MUST also keep this new Sim HAPPY at least most of the time! Oh oh!

(5) Your ultimate goal is to have a completed house, well-kept and presentable for some future buyer, with a happy, at least basically-prosperous Sim in residence.

(6) Don't forget to tell the story and post your photos or videos!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Messy House Challenge