Closing PoppySims Website

This is a public forum. You may discuss anything here. It's a good place for a "soapbox," but just remember the forum rules, please.

Closing PoppySims Website

Postby ukpoppyberry » February 13th, 2017, 11:16 am

Hi all! I've unfortunately had to make the decision close Poppysims website. It's been open since September 2009 and I have had a lot of fun with it. At it's height it had 12000 visitors a month, it still has 4000 a month, but the costs are ridiculous and the site has become not only harder to handle as it's grown but also I've not updated it in 2 years now and don't have the time to. So as sad as this is, I think it is for the best that I close it now when it comes up for renewal in March. So 16th March will be the last day. :uhhuh:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Closing PoppySims Website

Postby lindawing » February 13th, 2017, 1:50 pm

I totally understand, Lisa! I'd suggest uploading everything here first, but I'm not sure I'll be able to keep everything running here, either, after this year. It will at least be up until November, and then I'll have to make a decision, as well. It's said, but we are one of the few actual forums still running, actually.

At the least, you might want to get in touch with the Graveyard people. They are doing TS2, TS3, and TS4 these days, and they would do all the downloading from your site to handle them there, with credit to you.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 13th, 2017, 4:11 pm

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » February 14th, 2017, 10:12 pm

I did contact them a couple of weeks ago while I was deliberating about it all, but they never got in touch, tried them again now. It's very sad, but once I made up my mind I felt a weight lift from me, I can't keep it forever, it's just such a burden. I can totally get that you may need to close here eventually too! We must stay in touch though ((hugs))
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 14th, 2017, 11:19 pm

:hug-group-5y: I made sure I got the worlds into my saves. I had lost them with the change in computers, reinstalls and then computer upgrades. I also lost some that I will never get back (a number of playkimsims worlds that I really enjoyed plus one she did specifically for me) - gone forever. I tried to find those she had shared on the EA site, but all of her creations are gone from there as well. We must not have gotten them moved over from our old site to here, either. Anyway - happy I have the PoppySims worlds!! :uhhuh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 15th, 2017, 5:40 am

If/when I let this one go, my plan is to have a simple BLOG, which really is what this place has become anymore, anyway. I can do that without a huge expense (it can even be done on FaceBook, and it doesn't work the same way that the rest of FB works, and it's free...we'll see about that down the line). It would be basically personal, but would have gaming things now and again. That way, at least those of us who have been the core of our group here, can still stay in touch. :uhhuh: :joy:

I'm pretty sure I have all of your stuff, Lisa, but will be checking through to see if there are things I never downloaded, also.

Melody--regarding Kim's stuff, I believe I have all of her TS3 worlds. If you'll give me a list of the ones you already have, I'll be glad to make sure you get the rest, if you want them. Just let me know.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 15th, 2017, 2:47 pm

None! With the new computer, I had to start all from scratch for various reasons. Files did not get transferred, or were over-written (although, set-up for preservation under a different name) by Windows 10; so the last uninstall, reinstall last year cost me everything. I had to go round and find it and never could find those from PlayKimSim. :yeah:

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » February 15th, 2017, 8:00 pm

I am keeping all the files, so if anyone wants anything ever they can always ask for it :uhhuh:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 15th, 2017, 8:22 pm

OK, Melody...I'll round up all of Kim's worlds for you, that I have, and check to see what individual files I have, too.

Lisa...excellent! Thanks!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 15th, 2017, 10:00 pm

That is great to know Lisa and Thank you Linda. :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » February 21st, 2017, 12:29 pm