Coloring Book Stuff

This is a public forum. You may discuss anything here. It's a good place for a "soapbox," but just remember the forum rules, please.

Coloring Book Stuff

Postby MelodyOkie » May 15th, 2016, 2:40 pm

I received a coloring book for Mother's Day and my 65th Birthday from my Daughter and family.
"Secret Garden" An Inky Treasure Hunt and Coloring Book by Johanna Basford

The pictures I've done, but really can't seem to find the patience to sit and do this for some reason. Knitting I don't have a problem with, because I can knit and watch TV at the same time ... but this takes concentration if you want to stay in the lines or see what you are coloring. So I find it rather stressful instead of relaxing.

Color.jpg
Hidden in the Picture is a Butterfly
Color.jpg (161.35 KiB) Viewed 833 times

Bee.jpg
Hidden in the picture is a bee
Bee.jpg (254.45 KiB) Viewed 833 times

Peacock.jpg
Peacock.jpg (366.16 KiB) Viewed 833 times

It took several days or more to do each one and they don't turn out quite as nice as those you can do in an app on-line or on your phone, because you actually have to manually color these things rather than just select a section and let the computer do the coloring. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Coloring Book Stuff

Postby lindawing » May 16th, 2016, 1:01 am

You've done a great job, though! I did find the butterfly and the bee, but it took me a couple of looks!

I downloaded a couple of free coloring books for my Kindle, that turned out to not be interactive...just samples of the artwork in the printed versions.

I'm not sure if I'd have the patience to do anything as large as what you've posted. I might try something with smaller motifs, to see if I like doing it. I always enjoyed coloring with the kids when they were little. I also enjoy seeing what Judi has colored lately, and these are lovely!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » May 16th, 2016, 1:58 am

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » May 18th, 2016, 4:26 pm

Those are lovely! I fancied a colouring book myself, but I hardly have any time any more :doh:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » May 18th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Me, either, Lisa. I did these while I "listened to my favorite shows". Didn't get to actually watch them, because coloring takes a lot of eye concentration. Since it was a gift, I felt obligated to at least try it. Maybe when I'm too old to do much, then my coloring book will give me something to do, other than staring at the walls. :uhhuh: One thing, it does make the time go by fast. I'm thinking maybe it would be something I could do in the hospital when Terry has his next surgery. :uhhuh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » May 18th, 2016, 10:16 pm

Oh, hey! That actually might help! :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » May 22nd, 2016, 5:39 pm

I've found I can't just leave it alone and when I just need to be quiet, I've spent that time in my coloring book.

Watering Can.jpg
Watering Can.jpg (178.22 KiB) Viewed 814 times

Flora.jpg
Flora.jpg (258.32 KiB) Viewed 814 times
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » May 22nd, 2016, 9:07 pm

:grin: I like both of those, but I especially like what you did with the watering can. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » May 22nd, 2016, 11:22 pm

The watering can is my favorite as well; then the Peacock. I prefer the felt tips for coloring and I am very limited on the colors I have with those. There are only 7 colors in all and it's difficult when I could use a whole lot more!! I have a large pack of the pencils - but no matter what shade I choose, they all look the same on paper and barely show up. So I dislike the pencils! I have several shades of red and they all look like faded out orange. The pink also looks like faded out orange on the paper as well. So I really don't care for the pencils at all!! Because of that, I use the 7 felt tips I have... maybe I should try to find more of those. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » May 23rd, 2016, 1:44 am

I think those are what I'd prefer, also. I do have pack of watercolor colored pencils. If you keep a small cup of water by you, you can dip them and blot them just a bit, then color with them. It takes getting used to, and then there's the water...not convenient for traveling or anything. :uhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » May 23rd, 2016, 9:55 am

Lovely! When I was young I had a big set of felt tips, maybe 25 or so and lovely shades, I used to line them up in a rainbow, I'm sure you could pick them up next time you're at the supermarket in the stationery section ;-)
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » May 23rd, 2016, 10:01 am

Agreed. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » May 23rd, 2016, 2:13 pm

:friends: The next time we make it over to Walmart, (we don't go there often because it seems to be a dangerous place to shop); however, we really don't care that much for Brookshires these days because their stuff is old and they don't have anything but food. :evillaugh: I was so angry last week when we bought groceries, they had a buy 1 get one for 1 cent sale. Get home with the cereal boxes and they had been slashed open (of course that side was hidden from the display) - anyway they were not edible because they had slashed the boxes through the plastic containing the cereal. :doh: And they charged a higher cost for the 1st box to make up for the penny on the other box!! Plus, we had to throw out some meat products as well that were on sale. I'm not liking Brookshires. These are our only 2 choices. Go to Brookshires for old rotten stuff, or to Walmart where you might get accosted by some crazy person. (sigh) ... oh, where was I? Oh, yes, the next time we make it over to Walmart I will try to find them (the felt tip color pens) and provided we get out of there and home safely. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » May 23rd, 2016, 5:52 pm

Too bad you don't have a Costco nearby!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » May 23rd, 2016, 6:23 pm

:friends: