My Petunia Box

This is a public forum. You may discuss anything here. It's a good place for a "soapbox," but just remember the forum rules, please.

My Petunia Box

Postby MelodyOkie » March 16th, 2016, 3:05 pm

Originally this box was put together and set up at the edge of our back patio/porch and contained herbs. With just the two of us - it was too much to keep up with the herbs and drying on the excess; so I planned on planting flowers in it this year. Well, since we've decided to screen in our back porch (too many bugs to enjoy using it, so we never eat out there or stay out there long, since we are constantly swatting flys and other creepy crawly creatures as well as bees and birds wanting to nest in the rafters) - so screen it in we will!! Anyway - this required our moving my (what was) herb box.

Meanwhile, our builder had a "Neighbor Appreciation" day and gave us a flat of petunias. So, we emptied out the box and moved it over to sit at the side of our shed, then filled it with some of the old dirt along with new garden soil and I planted my pansies. I am so pleased how well they are doing in their new home.

Pansy Box.jpg
Pansy Box.jpg (81.08 KiB) Viewed 1068 times
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My Pansy Box

Postby lindawing » March 16th, 2016, 3:51 pm

That is gorgeous! Pansies are some of my favorites, and these look beautiful!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » March 16th, 2016, 4:45 pm

Thank you! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » March 21st, 2016, 11:21 pm

So pretty :joy:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My Petunia Box

Postby MelodyOkie » March 22nd, 2016, 12:39 am

Thank you! I recently discovered that those are Petunias. :doh: So here I am with Petunias in my Pansy box and wasn't quite sure what to do about it. Decided the best thing would be to just call it what it is ... a Petunia box. So I've edited and what was my Pansy Box is now my Petunia Box. :doh: :evillaugh: :doh:

They are doing very well. Much better than I thought they would. :yeah:

Even more exciting is our back patio is now screened in!! We love it! We can now actually enjoy sitting out there!! We didn't spend anytime on our wonderful covered patio, or use the outdoor kitchen much because of all the flies, bees, etc. And at night or early mornings, we never knew what might be out there - snakes, rats, mice, dogs, etc. In fact, today before they hung the door, we were out there being barked at by some neighbors dog left to run loose and terrorize the neighborhood. I finally got the yippy critter out of our patio area and to go home by pretending to be nice to it and saying "come on, let's go home" ... sheeze - he thought he was home!! :evillaugh: Now it's finished, door in place and locked ... he won't be invited back in, that's for sure. I don't think he liked Terry very much. :evillaugh:
I can hardly wait for our first family outdoor BBQ!! We can cook and eat out (in) our newly screened in Patio!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » March 22nd, 2016, 2:14 am

Oh! I guess I didn't look closely enough at the flowers, either, because I thought they were pansies, too, and I do know the difference! I went back and hit the big X at the bottom to look at it bigger, and sure enough...petunias! So glad you renamed the box! I love petunias, too, and they were my mom's favorite.

Very happy to hear about the screened-in porch. We are talking about screening in our wrap-around porch, as well, for exactly the same reasons! I don't think we can afford it this year. There are other things more pressing. Next summer, though, pretty much for sure!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » March 22nd, 2016, 3:16 am

It is so nice!! I really am looking forward to spending more time out there now! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » March 22nd, 2016, 9:33 am

Hooray!!! :hooray:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Open Discussion