Christian Scouting Organizations

This is a public forum. You may discuss anything here. It's a good place for a "soapbox," but just remember the forum rules, please.

Christian Scouting Organizations

Postby Meadow9259 » December 26th, 2015, 3:41 am

I saw a reference to American Heritage Girls a few months ago on a website when I was doing research for Girl Scouts. I only just looked at their website a few days ago, and was very pleasantly surprised by what I saw there. The Christian counterpart organization for boys, Trail Life USA, I just saw referenced on a page of the AHG website today. It was only just formed two years ago.

These programs are relatively new and small next to their Girl Scout (Girl Scouts has 2.5 million girl members nationwide and about 6,000 troops in my council alone as a comparison) and Boy Scout counterparts, but have faith-based scouting programming.

For girls:

American Heritage Girls
www.americanheritagegirls.org
Founded 1995
About 40,000 members and 1,000 troops

For boys:

Trail Life USA
www.traillifeusa.com
Founded 2013
About 20,000 members and 500 troops
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: Christian Scouting Organizations

Postby lindawing » December 26th, 2015, 8:49 am

That's wonderful! I'm going to look, to see if there might be some of the boy ones in our area! Thanks, Meadow!

Darn! the closest one to us is in Sioux Falls, SD--about 2-1/2 hours away on a good day!

Maybe I can have our guys let some of the other guys at church know about this, and see if we can get a program started in Milbank!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » December 26th, 2015, 2:06 pm

That would be great if it works out, Linda. ;-) Youth today really are in dire need of good role models and value teaching, the way society has been going, and considering what they're being bombarded with from every direction nowadays. :uhhuh: (And with how many grandsons you have, you'd have a good start to a trrop right there!)

It might also be good to mention AHG to some of the women at your church, to see if there might be any interest for a girls' program, as well. Your area definitely could use some more Christian troops, for both boys and girls! (You'd probably get people driving in from within an hour's radius or so if your church did form a troop, because there are so few troops of either organization out there.)
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » December 27th, 2015, 5:20 am

Agreed! Judi also told me that our church's denomination has the Royal Rangers for both boys and girls. She said there was a troop here, before, but the leaders left, and nobody stepped up to run it. What a shame!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » December 27th, 2015, 8:20 am

That is a shame. :uhhuh:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Return to Open Discussion