Hitting a Wall

This is a public forum. You may discuss anything here. It's a good place for a "soapbox," but just remember the forum rules, please.

Hitting a Wall

Postby MelodyOkie » December 13th, 2015, 10:04 pm

I have hit a wall, or impasse' with my Sims. I never really thought I would get to this point, obviously, since I've spent so much money on my sims games. But here I am. I no longer have any desire, whatsoever, to do anything with the sims. I really had to force myself just to honor a request for some sims from Pierre, which I finally did that today. I don't even want to go into the game, whether it be Sims 2, Sims 3 or Sims 4. And I just purchased and dl'd the new ep; not only that, just prior to doing that, I had purchased a few of the sps I'd not added to the game yet. :doh: :doh: :doh: Why did I do that? Especially feeling the way that I do. It actually gives me a sinking feeling inside when I even think about going into one of my Sims games. I'm simmed out... and I don't know if I'll get past that.

I know I'm not the only one that has reached this point, whether recently, or in the past. What have you done to get yourself interested again - back into the game?
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hitting a Wall

Postby lindawing » December 13th, 2015, 10:27 pm

Sigh...I can't really come up with anything inspiring. I do a couple of things, and then I'm in the same shape you are in. I have 2 other games I'm playing that interest me more, so... Sorry I can't help right now. Bummer!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 13th, 2015, 11:05 pm

That's ok Linda. This is the first time I've really faced this. I just can't get "into" it anymore. (sigh)

Like you, there are some games that Terry and I play that don't take so much time and are quite enjoyable. :yeah: Even when I have time to do something like the Sims which takes a lot of time, I just can't bring myself to. I just don't want to - no desire or interest in it anymore. :uhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 14th, 2015, 1:53 am

More than likely you'll get some interest back after the holidays. I do get interested and want to play every once in a while, but even then I play for a while, or maybe for a couple of days, and then...

If they go on from Sims 4, I doubt I'll go with it. The thing that kept me going more than anything with TS2 and TS3 was being able to make my own worlds. Since they haven't done that and it doesn't look as if they ever will, with TS4, well...
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 14th, 2015, 2:27 am

I never tired of either TS2 or TS3 before EA moved on to TS4. There was always so much to do and create in TS2 and TS3. We are quite limited with TS4 with the "Neighborhoods" and what we can do with the 1 empty world they gave us. I hope maybe, after the holidays, I can get back to my challenges and at least get some use out of my monies I've spent. I don't know, I just can't get as enthusiastic about Sims 4 as I was with 2 and 3. I can't stand the fact that a sim can't even walk next door - it's silly. Why didn't they at least allow for the sims to have the freedom to walk within the limitation of the 5 homes for each area ... why require clocking for that? Sims 4, unless you have a specific goal for the sim ... normal gameplay is so very boring. But - I have tired of Sims in general, because I've tried to go back to both 2 and 3 and I've lost all interest in any of it now. Maybe, next year when I have time on my hands and nothing to do ... I'll try again. :uhhuh: I think a lot of it has to do with my age and I don't want to take up what little time I have left on this earth playing a game as time consuming as the Sims. :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 14th, 2015, 3:14 am

I agree, unfortunately...sigh. For me, I mean...about the age thing.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 14th, 2015, 3:25 am

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » December 14th, 2015, 12:23 pm

Well...I have this happen all the time now. Years ago I could play and play and never lose interest. Now I am lucky if a new EP or SP keeps me busy for 2 weeks or so.

Things that get me inspired however, do happen.

Seeing an amazing or fun build, makes me want to make something as creative and can get me hooked in a big way.

Hearing about a fun challenge, mostly renovation challenges get me interested.

Challenge yourself to something completely new that you always meant to try but never did, such as challenge yourself to having a sim complete the whole of each world in the sims world adventures (that got me hooked in a big way last year for quite a few weeks, what ruined it? Sims 4 came out just as I was finishing with it!)

If all else fails, just have a break, do what you want to do with your time, enjoy yourself, know that you enjoyed each hour you spent playing at one time, you enjoyed talking about it and sharing your creations and thoughts. So it's not wasted time or money. And when you're ready one day you may just suddenly want to play again.

Compare it to say a car you spent money on and loved, it got you from A to B many times, it cost you a lot to buy and run but in the end it had to go, so it's not really a waste.
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 14th, 2015, 4:06 pm

Thank you Lisa. I have done it all and can't seem to want to do a repeat. With Sims 2 I went everywhere, did everything and until Sims 3 came out, never tired of it. I could play Sims 2 24/7. Then it took me a long time to finally move on to Sims 3. With Sims 3, at first, I just created. Didn't play and create like I did with Sims 2. However, with Adventures and Ambitions, I learned to love Sims 3 as I did Sims 2 and played through. Again, I was playing constantly and went through all the adventures the game allowed for, as well as all the game offered. It's only been since Sims 4 that I've come to where I really don't enjoy the game anymore. Now the new empty world kept me busy recreating all my best loved from Sims 3 to put them in Sims 4. But the gameplay is not there for me. They took too much away. I can't seem to enjoy it the way I did Sims 3. I actually created and played through my own challenges, which kept me playing for awhile. But I can't seem to bring myself to even go back to that. I don't think I'm the only one, either. The game lacks too much. That being said ... I am stepping back and like Linda said, maybe next year, after the holidays, I might be able to renew my interest. My plan is sometime after the New Year and I've nothing on hand to do, I may try to get back to my challenges. That will probably be the only thing that will get me interested again. :uhhuh:

(If you look at my area - you see how very much I have already created in Sims 4 and I'm all created out. I am one of those that just do not care for renovation challenges. Never have - not even in Sims 2 or 3. I've always created my own from the ground up (including re-creating EA builds from the ground up) - I've never liked "renovations". I've done some, don't get me wrong; but they really are not my cup of tea.) As far as creating, I grew tired of it, but did enjoy re-creating my builds from TS2 and TS3 for TS4.

Another problem I've found I have is just no patience. If I go into Sims 2, I miss the open world of Sims 3 and all the sims aging together. If I "try" to go into Sims 3, I don't seem to have the patience of how long it takes to just get into the game and when it finally comes up ... I've lost interest in even trying to play it. I think I would like to re-do all the tombs and adventures, but then I find I don't have the patience to wait on the game limiting how long you can be there and how long you have to wait to go again. So I just close it out and then I go into Sims 4 and (sigh) - what is there to do with the sims in Sims 4 ... nothing, really. All of it just seems so silly and a waste of my time. I have no patience for it anymore.

So - a break is definitely in order and I will re-look at it next year. Maybe I'll be ready for some gameplay after that. I hope so. It is such an expensive game investment and it would be a shame to waste the money. I think I can possibly come up with some plan so as not to feel like it's just too time consuming. Don't have a lot of that on my hands anymore. :yeah:

:hug-group-6y:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » December 14th, 2015, 4:20 pm

I totally get it, especially with Sims 3 that mostly seems to have it all, but has just such slow loading times for everything, you end up losing patience! I do love many things about sims 4, mostly the building and faster load times, hoping more will come along and keep us more and more interested.
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 14th, 2015, 4:44 pm

:uhhuh: Yes. And the thing is, it didn't seem to take forever and a day before Origin came in and took over. Now we have to log in and be on-line in order to even play Sims 3. It's basically the launcher that takes a minimum, it seems, of 5 minutes just to come up and that is before you can even go into the game!

I really don't know why they messed it up to begin with and then just to take so much away from us with Sims 4. I wish, right from the beginning, when they created the next Sims game, they would have allowed for transfer of our creations from one to the next. I think that discouraged me the most. After all that work, to have to start from scratch ... And it would have been nice if they had built the new game with the old in mind (and not just sticking some sims in the game and calling them by a familiar name and there really is no resemblance to the previous game sims... :doh: :evillaugh: ).

Just talking to you about it all, helps me a lot!! So I do plan to try to get back some interest in the game after the holidays and things settle down a bit. :uhhuh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 14th, 2015, 8:25 pm

:uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 14th, 2015, 9:32 pm

MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » December 15th, 2015, 7:06 am

It'll grab you when you are ready, there is so much else in life to think about and get done especially at this time of year! :friends:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 15th, 2015, 10:22 am

Agreed!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Open Discussion