Getting New Laptop

This is a public forum. You may discuss anything here. It's a good place for a "soapbox," but just remember the forum rules, please.

Getting New Laptop

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 18th, 2015, 10:33 pm

We're buying a new laptop because both of our old ones are pretty much dead. I went to IBuyPower (which I've used for years) and tried to order a new one, but they basically treated me like a criminal. They really did. So I decided that they've gotten all the money they're going to get from me.

Someone suggested I try CyberPowerPC because they also will build to your specs, but I don't know anything about them. Have any of you heard of them or know anything about them?
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Getting New Laptop

Postby lindawing » November 19th, 2015, 12:22 am

I'd never heard of them, but I was just looking at their site. It seems knowledgeable, the items are configurable, and the prices seem pretty good--especially right now, if you can catch the pre-Black Friday sale items.

Looking at Tiger Direct and New Egg, I saw similar gaming laptops for similar prices...maybe $100-ish more. I know their quality and service, and I would probably go with one of them. However, they don't offer much in the way of customization.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 22nd, 2015, 5:49 am

Tiger Direct has teamed up with IBuyPower and gets some of their laptops from them, so I'm not sure I would go with them. I've bought a few things from New Egg before but didn't really think about them when I was asking around. I think we've decided to go ahead and give Cyber Power a chance. I'll let you know how it goes. ;-)
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 22nd, 2015, 7:39 am

It looks to me like they would be a good choice. Here's hoping...and praying. ;-)

I didn't know Tiger Direct had done that. I haven't bought anything from them in quite some time, but in the past have always had good service from them. I'm not familiar with iBuyPower.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Open Discussion