Testing Phase

This is a public forum.

Moderator: SeriphinaFyie

Re: Testing Phase

Postby SeriphinaFyie » May 31st, 2016, 3:04 am

No worries Linda, I completely understand. My day ended up slipping away from me getting assignments done, I did finish that lot, but didn't get as much other stuff finished as I'd hoped. And of course when there's a minor freakout from any of my classmates they come to me first because I'm one of the officers for honor society so they assume I know everything... :evillaugh: I so do not!

Am I losing my mind or did I have a full and complete list of links for the rabbit hole rugs and such? I'd swear I had dropped that somewhere so I wouldn't lose it, which of course means I've lost it... :ohno:
SeriphinaFyie
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » May 31st, 2016, 8:14 am

Hmmm...I thought you did, too! I just searched, though, and didn't come up with anything. Weird!

Did you, by any chance put the list into a PM to me or Patty? If so, you could do a search on your Sent Messages, to see if you could find the list.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SeriphinaFyie » May 31st, 2016, 9:36 pm

No, I am sure I put it in a post somewhere. A hunting I shall go...
SeriphinaFyie
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 1st, 2016, 1:44 am

I see that you made a new post, and have been reviewing what I have and don't have, and getting the ones I need. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 1st, 2016, 3:54 am

Just had Wendy test out the fishing dock at Tranquil Dock, then move to Haley's Point, which is just along the shoreline. Instead of walking the shoreline, however, she changed to her swimwear. I thought, "Oh! She's going to swim there!" Then suddenly a bright, shiny, yellow water taxi showed up. She jumped in (from the water), and in a quick zip of a trip, she was right over where she wanted to be...still wearing her swimwear.

So I went looking for possible answers, and thought I might have found one. After searching and searching, I found Shimrod's "No Cars" (which is found at the Naughty Sims place where I had just registered to get the other Shimrod mod). Unfortunately, it didn't work for the water taxis. Ah well.

I tested a bit more, and here's what I found for that area, regarding the water taxis.

If Wendy tried to go to Haley's Point directly from the dock, the water taxi would pull up right beside the dock, and Wendy had to wade out to it to use it. Then the taxi would take her all the way over to Haley's Point and drop her off.

WaterTaxi-053116-A.png
WaterTaxi-053116-A.png (1.5 MiB) Viewed 523 times

WaterTaxi-053116-B.png
WaterTaxi-053116-B.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 523 times

WaterTaxi-053116-C.png
WaterTaxi-053116-C.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 523 times

WaterTaxi-053116-D.png
WaterTaxi-053116-D.png (1.4 MiB) Viewed 523 times

If Wendy tried to go over there from the shore, at the point at which she had to wade into the water, the taxi would pick her up as before, but then drop her off just a tiny way away from there, still near Tranquil Dock. Then she'd run over to Haley's Point from there!

WaterTaxi-053116-E.png
WaterTaxi-053116-E.png (1.42 MiB) Viewed 523 times

Going back, if I clicked on the dock, she took the taxi. If I clicked on the ground just before the dock, she'd run over there.

So I tried taking her off the dock, then sending her to Haley's Point. Yup...she ran all the way there.

Evidently the problem is with the way the game is reading the dock itself, and/or the ground right under it as well.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 1st, 2016, 4:47 am

:-( Another water taxi...Wendy should have taken the bridge to get to the festival grounds, but...

WaterTaxi-053116-F.png
WaterTaxi-053116-F.png (831.28 KiB) Viewed 522 times

WaterTaxi-053116-G.png
WaterTaxi-053116-G.png (1009.24 KiB) Viewed 522 times

While there, she tried out all the tents, even though it was the middle of the night. She couldn't use the vending machine in the one tent, and though she did go into the eating pavilion, I didn't take a picture.

She autonomously entered a hot dog-eating contest with another late-nighter (she won).

Then she told her own fortune.

WaterTaxi-053116-H.png
WaterTaxi-053116-H.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 522 times

WaterTaxi-053116-I.png
WaterTaxi-053116-I.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 522 times

Just as I was going to have her head over to the royal quarters in the early morning, I spotted this...sigh.

CateringTruck-053116.png
CateringTruck-053116.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 522 times

I'm out for the night now. Tomorrow I won't be so late starting...have gotten all caught up with GoT, until Sunday.

HOLD THE DOOR!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SeriphinaFyie » June 1st, 2016, 12:15 pm

That food truck... grrr
I think the taxi is showing up because when she goes from the dock it's technically from one lot to another. That's game coding so not much I can do there.

I WILL try to tweak that bit of road that the food truck is on, but based on it being half of the bridge, I doubt I can make it much shorter. He's already hanging on by a prayer to that piece of road... He's determined to make me re-name the world MEDIEVAL LAND FUN-TIME WORLD... (reference here, it's bad lip reading of GoT)

Inside the tent it's not a vending machine. It's actually a booth. They have hours because there is a vendor that will show up to sell items, like a register.

Water taxi to the festival grounds... where was she coming from? I can look for a routing issue in between.
SeriphinaFyie
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 1st, 2016, 11:39 pm

Food truck...good luck! Still chuckling over the reference (hearing the accents, too, of course).

Water taxis...she was headed over to the festival lot, from one of the lots across the island from where the taxi is leaving in the first picture. So...she was once again going from lot to lot. Methinks it would be good to make a NOTE with the official version, to always be sure to have the Sims go from a world point to a world point, rather than from lot to lot, or at least to not LEAVE from a lot. With the picture where Wendy went from the dock to the first bit of land nearby, I think I hadn't clicked on Haley's Point itself, as the destination...just on a piece of land nearby. That allowed the taxi to drop her off at the nearest landing point, then she could run the rest of the way, since the routing was more direct. :uhhuh:

Inside the tent...Oh! The glimpse that I could see made me think it was one of the seasonal vending machines. I should have realized it wasn't, because those can be used any time of day. :doh: I love the look of the tents, but EA should have made them so they'd go down when you're trying to see inside. I found that a little frustrating.

Going back in, in just a few minutes.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SeriphinaFyie » June 1st, 2016, 11:53 pm

Yes, seeing into the tents better would have been beneficial, but sadly, too much to ask now... :-(

If you hit page down to go down to the ground level, it's far easier to see things inside them. Then, you can get your snacks AND see where you're going! :eat:

I agree with a comment on the official, or just tell Patty because it will matter the most to her. I'll continue to play around with routing to try to stop the boats, but I fear it's a losing battle.
SeriphinaFyie
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 2nd, 2016, 2:37 am

I did use the page down key, but it wouldn't let me inside the tents. To get inside, I just had to go in close, and then it kept wanting to zoom out. Strange! I'll have to try it again, to see if it works today.

Some results today:

Wendy was able to get skill books from the library, which is good. Hooray! :hooray:

She found the secret door to the cellar. Then she went back up and read a gardening book (she is a gardener at heart). I wanted her to go to the tower, and she went back to the cellar. It dawned on me that I hadn't seen another secret door down there, so went to look, and voila! She was able to get to the tower.

When she tried to use the Book of Spells, she just kept stomping her foot about the routing. I checked to see if you had used moo to put the podium where you did, and you hadn't. I tried again (and several agains), and she still couldn't get to it. :-( I finally used the Alt key, and moved it out half a space, and voila. Now she can learn spells (so far Summon and Enchant).

I wanted her to go officially join the gardening career, but she kept stomping her foot again. So we went over there, and I realized that there wasn't an inner door to that part of the keep. I put one in (just duplicated the outer door), and she was able to go in and get her career established. She also could have visited the military base.

She went around the grounds to see what she could see inside the walls, then went to the training grounds and had fun for a while.

Where does the Sage's tower belong? I've just downloaded it. It made me "save" it, and wouldn't add it to the game...that button did nothing...sigh.

I have to go handle the incoming groceries, and won't be back for a bit, but let me know where to put the tower when you can.

Everything is totally lovely! HUGS!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 2nd, 2016, 2:42 am

Forgot something. I have the Arboretum rug in place, and the map tag is there, but Wendy can go to the lake, but there's no rug there, and when I click on the tag in map view, she won't even go to the lake. Help!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SeriphinaFyie » June 6th, 2016, 3:13 am

Okay, the keep and library aren't done, and the tower is being removed from the library, hence the sage's tower. It will be in the empty space between the barracks and the library. There's an empty residential lot there in the newest version, or it will be when I get that uploaded I guess. I'm actually going to have to change the door because apparently pets can't figure out the hidden book case and that lot will have cats. Additionally, unless you show them the first time how to get in, the residents themselves get stuck.

Not sure what to do about the tents. The walls never fully disappear, but the roofs do as you go down enough floors.

There is a secret entrance from the lake to get to the arboretum rug. You have to solve the secret to enter, but I may move that above ground and keep the secret in place as just a cool discovery.

One of the other people working on testing told me they have lot tearing near the castle harbor, so I need to resolve that. Apparently it causes routing errors? I'd never heard before that it actually causes any issues apart from aesthetic, so getting it done asap and keeping a close eye on the region.
SeriphinaFyie
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 6th, 2016, 4:48 am

I didn't see any lot tearing there, but Wendy went through that area pretty quickly. Lot tearing CAN cause issues with routing, but it doesn't usually, unless the tear is pretty large.

Oh...I should have realized about the tower. I did think, momentarily, that you said that you were changing that, and I did know you added the Sage's Tower, but it didn't dawn on me while checking out the library. Sorry about that! :doh:

Oh! ...about the arboretum. I didn't think of something like that! Another :doh:

I'm afraid I'm not much of a tester! :-(
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SeriphinaFyie » June 7th, 2016, 5:19 pm

:friends: You're a wonderful tester! You're doing a great job!!! :friends:
SeriphinaFyie
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 7th, 2016, 11:51 pm

I haven't even had time to get back into the game since that last bout. I won't today, either :-(, but hopefully tomorrow.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to World