The Old Bus Shelter #1 (Residential)--Linda

Lisa has created this challenge for herself, and would like to share it with anyone else who thinks it would be fun. This is a public forum.

Re: The Old Bus Shelter #1 (Residential)--Linda

Postby MelodyOkie » November 22nd, 2015, 4:48 pm

Definitely! We are fortunate to have returned on Friday, which has given us these 2 days to unpack, get things in order and rest a bit before Monday. Everyday will be filled this week, as I am sure it will be true for everyone as we prepare for Thanksgiving, company, etc. We will also go ahead and celebrate our Adult Children's Birthdays Thanksgiving Evening, since they fall during the week the first of December. We will take time out to go to our Grandson's first band performance the first of December and our Daughter's Graduation for her 2nd (or is it 3rd) college degree mid December. We do need to get our Christmas shopping done as well, and celebrate our 47th Anniversary mid-December. When I do have some spare time, I just don't want to spend it in the Sims ... :evillaugh:
:hug-group-6y:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 22nd, 2015, 11:31 pm

47th anniversary...cool!!!

Our 32nd is on Wednesday!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 23rd, 2015, 3:32 am

Oh, wow! You have much to celebrate!! Happy Anniversary on Wednesday and Happy Thanksgiving surrounded by your family! Your first on your farm! It will be so special and you are very Blessed!! :hug-group-5y:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 23rd, 2015, 8:08 am

Oh, there's more than that! :lol: The 24th is both David's brother's birthday (he's the same age I am...just five days older), and Harry's sister's birthday...a generation down. Both of them were actually born on Thanksgiving Day, back when they were born. Then there's our anniversary on the 25th. Cindi's and Rich's 28th anniversary is on the 26th...on T-day this year. I'm not sure, but I think they were married on Thanksgiving, also. Harry's other sister's second daughter Lyla has her birthday on the 27th, and I THINK Harry told me last week that Lyla was also born on a Thanksgiving Day. The 28th is Elizabeth's third birthday, and then I wind up the run with my birthday on the 29th! WHEW!!!

Our October birthdays are like that, too, only earlier in the month. They just keep coming! :grin:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 23rd, 2015, 5:47 pm

Oh, I know! We have the same thing. I just don't try to keep up with them all anymore. Just the Grandson's, Terry's, Jason's, Cheryl's Chris', our Anniversary, both my Brother's, my Sis-in-Law's. They are spread out a little bit more than yours, but I gave up on keeping up with all of Terry's family's BD's (his family is just too big); nor the extended family on my side. Just the immediate family. :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 23rd, 2015, 9:09 pm

Basically, we do, too. This year all the extras got remembered, at least, because we're all here together. Thankfully we don't have added events to go to for the three that don't live near us! :lol: The anniversaries and the two birthdays will all be celebrated on Thanksgiving Day, which is central. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 24th, 2015, 1:23 am

Yes, there are 6 total Brother's and Sister's in Terry's family, with 13 Nieces and Nephews, all married and I've lost track of all the grandkids and great-grandkids. It just became too, too many to keep up with. My family, there are the 3 of us, but I don't try to keep up with their kids and their kids' kids ... not at all ... too much. I lost touch with my uncles and aunts and all of their kids and grandkids. A few of the cousins have found me on facebook. Terry's extended family - Uncles, Aunts, Cousins ... makes my head spin to even try to think about how large his family is ... they could be a country of their own (all German) ... a new Germany right here in America!! :evillaugh: Of course my family are just a bunch of Indians. :doh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 24th, 2015, 3:24 am

We have so many nationalities between David and me that we could start our own new unified country, too, I'm sure! :lol: :grin:

Actually, Judi's been tracing relatives, and we're both pretty sure that David and I are probably related way, way, way, way, way, way back. Plus we've found tendrils that probably lead to Harry's family, David's family, and my family being related back there, too.

When you think of how many people have migrated to the U.S. over the years, and given the fact that all of our families DID have Mayflower people in them, and that most of our traced forefathers started out in tiny areas of the east coast, in England, in Ireland, or in Scotland, it's pretty much a given that there's a shared relative here or there. :uhhuh: :rotfl:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 24th, 2015, 4:03 am

We all most likely are (after all we are all descendants of Noah - I would say Adam and Eve, however, taking into account the flood that wiped all out except for Noah and his family ... then it would have to be Noah). :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 24th, 2015, 7:20 am

:uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » November 27th, 2015, 9:31 am

It's an absolutely wonderful home Linda, it's amazing how different you can make that one little area look! Thanks for doing the challenge :joy:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 27th, 2015, 10:12 pm

Thank you for presenting it! I still want to do a community lot from it...Maybe I'll make it seasonally appropriate!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » November 30th, 2015, 8:49 pm

Wouldn't snow be lovely for that? Wishing very hard, do you think it will work? :rotfl:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 30th, 2015, 10:10 pm

Snow would certainly be lovely for it! I wish, too...wish, wish, wish...hmmm...
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » December 1st, 2015, 1:33 pm

Maybe all that wishing brought you real snow :doh:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Old Bus Shelter Build a Home Challenge