The Old Bus Shelter #1 (Residential)--Linda

Lisa has created this challenge for herself, and would like to share it with anyone else who thinks it would be fun. This is a public forum.

Re: The Old Bus Shelter #1 (Residential)--Linda

Postby lindawing » November 3rd, 2015, 10:26 am

I'm actually glad to be going back to regular time, but the first few days are usually a bit hard...seems like I find them harder the older I get, too...sigh.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » November 3rd, 2015, 1:38 pm

:friends:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 4th, 2015, 1:28 am

I finished the living rooms and got curtains hung in the entry. Tomorrow I plan to furnish the entry and the front porch, then maybe I'll move up to the attic before I tackle the bedrooms floor!

I added progress photos here:
viewtopic.php?f=397&t=3069&p=22465#p22465
(scroll down to the bottom of the post)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » November 4th, 2015, 8:25 am

You're doing a great job, the décor is really beautiful, I love the soft warm colour scheme :joy:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 4th, 2015, 11:01 am

Thank you! I'm really trying not to go overboard with it all. I always tend to put in SO much stuff, and I dither over everything I pick. I don't know how you guys can get you builds done so much faster! :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » November 5th, 2015, 7:54 am

I tend to dither on kitchen counter choice but I'm not too bad, maybe when more packs come out it will take longer :evillaugh:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 5th, 2015, 8:00 am

I just posted three more photos at the end of the first post.
viewtopic.php?f=397&t=3069#p22465
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » November 5th, 2015, 8:02 am

Oh, I love how you did the bedrooms, looks so cosy, can I move in? :joy:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 5th, 2015, 2:33 pm

Oh, me too!! And I really like the idea of the duplex, plus, I always love the details you always take the time on and makes all the difference!! :uhhuh: :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 5th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Thanks, ladies! It's those details that take me so long to build anything, though! Sometimes I get upset with myself that I can't just throw something together and call it done...but I can't do it! :lol:

I need to make a few SMALLER things in between my huge projects, I guess. I'm always biting off huge chunks instead of taking little bites! :rotfl:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 6th, 2015, 12:32 am

I've been doing that lately and have decided to step back and leave it be for awhile. Have too much on my plate right now. I have to get this Insurance mess straightened out, we are going to be in Vicksburg week after next, the following week is Thanksgiving. Jason plans on spending it with us, but Cheryl, Chris and the boys are going over to "The Kings", however, coming over here for Dessert and Birthday celebrations (since we can't get together for their Birthdays on December 8th and 9th) (middle of the week) - plus Cheryl finished her 2nd Masters Degree in Language Arts and we have a graduation to attend on the 18th of December - and the week before that a school band recital to hear Hayden play his saxophone (at least I hope we get invited as I know "the Kings" have attended many school functions we've been left out), then our Anniversary and whew it's Christmas. I'm having it for the first time on Christmas Day - I'm sick of stepping aside for the "Matriarch Queen King". So - because of her need to control everything, she has made reservations to take the Grandsons to an event the morning after Christmas, so they must spend the night Christmas Night ... Really? The boys have 2 weeks off at Christmas, Spring Break, all summer and even the full week of Thanksgiving and she couldn't do that any other time? It has to be "They must spend Christmas Night with her" to go to some zoo place the morning after Christmas. Really? (sigh)

So - you can see I'm not going to have much play time until after New Year's. :yeah: :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 6th, 2015, 12:57 am

The holidays are great, but, yeah...beginning to feel that pressure here, too!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 6th, 2015, 5:03 am

I worked on the lot for a little bit tonight--got the spare bedrooms done and made a couple of changes to what I did yesterday, then the brand new power supply on David's computer went out (!!!) and I took it apart again, and put the older power supply in, but the fan is almost dead on that one, and it's very loud.

Now I have to call Amazon to tell them what happened, and see if I can get a trade!

This was after just posting a GREAT review for the power supply yesterday! Sheesh!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 6th, 2015, 2:42 pm

Oh, no!! Wow! I'm so sorry this has happened. I hope you are able to get it replaced!! :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 7th, 2015, 1:08 am

Amazon immediately gave me credit for the power supply ($25.99). I just had them put it to a gift certificate. Then I ordered a name-brand 500-W power supply for only $15.95. It wasn't listed the other day, or I would have gone for that one at that time!

The defective one was picked up by UPS today, with free shipping. Now I just have to wait for Tuesday afternoon to put the new one in. Until then, that computer is completely unplugged, in order to prevent a heat disaster!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Old Bus Shelter Build a Home Challenge