The Old Bus Shelter Build a Home Challenge

Lisa has created this challenge for herself, and would like to share it with anyone else who thinks it would be fun. This is a public forum.

The Old Bus Shelter Build a Home Challenge

Postby ukpoppyberry » October 30th, 2015, 12:10 pm

Land for building homes is scarce. We'd also like to preserve our old stone buildings, even if they were only once a lowly bus shelter like this one that has lost its roof. Using what you have you must build a home, you choose how many rooms, but it must contain at least one bedroom, one bathroom and separate living area. Everything on the lot right now must remain as it is, exactly, you may add one window, you may add one door or doorway, you must either add a floor above or a roof, you may add as many other walls joining any of the bus shelter stone walls, but they must remain stone, you may use more stone walls to make the property look as though it has always been that way or you can show where the old property ends and the new begins. You choose the style, in keeping or totally modern blended with the old.

I have found a photo of the inspiration behind this challenge, I remember the stairs being on the other side, just shows how things get switched a round after time :rotfl:
Attachments
The Old Bus Shelter.zip
(93.3 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
the old bus shelter.jpg
the old bus shelter.jpg (208.96 KiB) Viewed 877 times
bus shelter.jpg
bus shelter.jpg (100.86 KiB) Viewed 850 times
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Old Bus Shelter Build a Home Challenge

Postby MelodyOkie » October 30th, 2015, 2:47 pm

Should we post our completed builds on this thread?

I will dl the zip, I may not get a chance to start on it though until after Halloween. We will have the grandkids for the weekend (will be going to get them after school this evening).

Thank you!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » October 30th, 2015, 5:01 pm

Great, I am sure that would be ok, unless you wanted to make a new thread :uhhuh: I am already working on mine, been thinking about it for months :doh: :rotfl: I've change it totally to how I thought I'd use it :rolleyes:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » October 30th, 2015, 6:59 pm

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 30th, 2015, 10:43 pm

I'm going to make a forum for this! I may make more than one entry. As soon as I saw it, I had two ideas pop into my head! I do wish we could do hills in TS4, but I'll do without. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 30th, 2015, 11:00 pm

Ta da! 'Tis done! I'm going to grab two new topics and then get busy on my entries! Thanks, Lisa!!! :joy:

I have one question:

May this part be moved around a bit as long as it faces the same direction as the original?
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » October 31st, 2015, 7:22 am

Yes, if you like, go for it, I wasn't going to move it but if you're having fun and doing so will help, that's ok with me ;-)

I am so glad you got inspired by it! :joy:

I made a start on mine yesterday, now to do the garden, I never know what I am going to do with those!
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 31st, 2015, 8:15 am

When I got into the residential lot, I decided against moving it. I may do so on the community lot, to accomplish what I have in mind...not sure yet. Thanks!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » November 1st, 2015, 11:04 am

I've added a photo of the original inspiration to the first post ;-) Just shows you what you can think when you see any kind of structure and you are a crazy sims fan :rotfl:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 1st, 2015, 3:04 pm

Oooh!! I Love that Picture you added. It really is Inspirational!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 1st, 2015, 8:27 pm

I love the picture, too! It's so much fun to see places like that and begin thinking...
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » November 1st, 2015, 10:18 pm

I think it must have sunk into the ground at some point :doh:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 2nd, 2015, 12:51 am

:grin: Not THAT kind of thinking! Well...yeah...I guess that kind of thinking has to start, before you get the creative type, right? :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » November 2nd, 2015, 5:08 pm

Absolutely :joy:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 3rd, 2015, 6:10 am

Once again I wasn't able to get into the game. It was not a really good day. I got up late, and even then I couldn't shake the AWFUL headache I had, that was just POUNDING at me. I made it through the spelling stuff with the kids, but was feeling even worse then, and then I got into an argument with David and Judi, and I cried (all of which is now over and done with, and everyone's fine...it was just the headache that was eating at me, in the first place, that prompted my reactions to something he said and then she said, etc....sigh...). Anyway, all is OK now, but I didn't get anything done except that I DID get into the laundry room and get a load started. I needed to get away from everyone for a bit, and that was a good, constructive place to go work off my frustration! :lol:

Then, this evening I did get David's new power supply (that came today) into his computer, so I can quit wondering when that old one that I put in as an emergency supply might go out or get fried because the fan in it wasn't capable of handling the higher power load than the thing had in it.

So the day wasn't a total loss, but...I haven't even played a single game. I did watch a few YT videos about the Minecraft Hardcore Challenge that I've been doing. We just started the November events, so I watched the first few of those Episode 1 videos, which were fun.

I have a little time to myself right now, but I don't think my brain will handle Simming. I do plan, however, to get that residential challenge completed tomorrow, and then I want to work on getting the apartment complex back up at least to where it was when I trashed the world! At least everything ELSE in that world is still where it was, because I hadn't worked on anything else in it for quite some time before that backup was done. Hooray!

After that, I want to do the community lot challenge for the bus shelter. It's still in my head, bumping at my consciousness to DO IT!!! ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to The Old Bus Shelter Build a Home Challenge