Islands--The World

This is a public forum. In TS3, Neighborly Sims members built three (almost four) small islands that were identical except for their seasons. We added four main houses with families, to each island--seasonally appropriate. There was also a central park for each season, and a whole slew of fill-in lots. Now we're having fun recreating the essential parts of these islands, in TS4. We hope you'll join in!

Re: Islands--The World

Postby lindawing » August 16th, 2015, 2:51 am

Pierre...will go check out the family right now.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 16th, 2015, 2:59 am

I just realized that the Coast-Spencer family is in residence in the world along with Lotza Stuff (my founder). They will be in the unplayed households in Household Management. I'm going to upload them to the Gallery, and put their files in their topic, but you won't need to download them, since they are already in your game, now. You can just transfer them to Newcrest--3 Summer Way.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 16th, 2015, 3:03 am

I am about to shut down to get ready for bed. If I don't get to see them today, I will check them out as soon as I can tomorrow evening. My Daughter and family are coming over after church. We're going to do our nails together!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 16th, 2015, 3:15 am

Cool! Have fun!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 16th, 2015, 10:24 pm

I just replaced yesterday's world file. I took out the Coast-Spencer family (Lotza Stuff is there, in Households Management), and renamed all the lots in the 3rd part of Newcrest to EMPTY, which I had forgotten to do yesterday. No worries if you've already installed the world.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 17th, 2015, 12:59 am

Oh, I saw the Coast-Spencer Family in Household Management a little while ago, but did not move them onto their lot. I will do that after you've completed their home and I find where you told us which lot to put it on. I look forward to pictures (TS3 to TS4) :uhhuh: :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 17th, 2015, 2:50 am

Did the pictures last night.

viewtopic.php?f=396&t=2938#p20544

They go in the 3 Summer Way place.

I'm working on their house, now. I think I'm going to end up liking their TS4 home better than the TS3 one, though it's frustrating right now! :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 17th, 2015, 3:07 am

Here's where I have your first house (4 Summer Way in my world) with the Thar family installed in their home, along with the Coast-Spencers installed in the beginning of their home.

SummervilleProgress-081615-A.png
SummervilleProgress-081615-A.png (849.4 KiB) Viewed 781 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 22nd, 2015, 3:58 pm

I came to pick up 3 summer way and while I was here I thought I would mention possibly doing the Winter Park? I plan on using my Summer Park and adjusting it for Winter, if that's ok. Unless you had other plans, which that is OK if you do. Just let me know. :friends:

Well - I did it and it can be an alternate if you like.

Please be aware with the parks, when I placed my summer park, there were items missing. And they were all standard game items - all of the picnic tables, the grills, most benches, 2 of my chess tables ... what? It reminded me of Sims 3 when things would disappear underground. I didn't even think to look to see if that is what happened, although I don't think it is. I don't know why standard game objects did not stay with the park when I dl'd and placed it in WinterSpring. :doh: :doh: Well, ulg now. Of course using the zip file will prevent that from happening. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 22nd, 2015, 9:36 pm

Totally weird with the missing things! I've downloaded the park, and will check it out, soon. Unfortunately, I have a ton of stuff to do today, so "soon" might not also be today...sigh.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 23rd, 2015, 12:33 am

I'm wondering if it got just got rid of the "unnecessary items" and left only what was required for a park. For instance, it left 2 chess tables (I had 4); it took away all of the picnic tables along with the grills and tables beside them. It also took away all but 2 (I think it was) of the benches. All that was left was my smattering of dirt around where those items used to be. :doh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 23rd, 2015, 4:10 am

I wonder if that particular lot might happen to be one of the several that aren't quite flat!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 23rd, 2015, 2:15 pm

I don't think that's the issue. I just did another test of placing the "Winter Park" (dlg it from the world onto the Spring lot. This time everything was there except 2 of my Chess tables with chairs. Only 2 were there, instead of the original 4. Otherwise, everything else was there. It's just some glitchy-ness in the game. Although a bit irritating, I guess it's to be expected. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 23rd, 2015, 8:58 pm

Weirdness!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 23rd, 2015, 9:24 pm

Am in the game right now, and have placed both Winter Park and Summerville Park with nothing missing--either way I put it in (from within the lot, or from the map). :joy:

Pictures from Summerville Park...

SummervillePark-ChessTables.png
SummervillePark-ChessTables.png (1.19 MiB) Viewed 775 times

SummervillePark-PicnicTables.png
SummervillePark-PicnicTables.png (1.49 MiB) Viewed 775 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Islands