Islands--The World

This is a public forum. In TS3, Neighborly Sims members built three (almost four) small islands that were identical except for their seasons. We added four main houses with families, to each island--seasonally appropriate. There was also a central park for each season, and a whole slew of fill-in lots. Now we're having fun recreating the essential parts of these islands, in TS4. We hope you'll join in!

Islands--The World

Postby lindawing » August 15th, 2015, 11:12 pm

Melody recently started recreating some of her TS3 builds in TS4. Her latest project began with doing the builds she made for Summer Island, which was one of our tiny island projects in TS3.

When I saw that she had started these recreations, I decided it would be a good "open" project for NSC, so I'm working on creating an entirely empty world with named lots tagged for the main lots we created for the tiny islands.

I wish we could rename the parts of the world, but we can't, so here's what I've done.

Willow Creek, for our project world, will be called WINTERSPRING, in honor of both Spring Island and Winter Island (which never actually got built in CaW, but the lots were mostly finished). I've named the four main Winter and the four main Spring residential lot and the two seasonal parks, and there are plenty of other places to fill in with NPC housing and community lots, as you can see in the map below.

WinterSpring-Map.png
WinterSpring-Map.png (792.34 KiB) Viewed 863 times

Oasis Springs, for our project world, will be called AUTUMN MESA, in honor of Autumn Island. I've named the four main Autumn residential lots and the seasonal park, and there are plenty of other places to fill in with NPC housing and community lots, as you can see in the map below.

AutumnMesa-Map.png
AutumnMesa-Map.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 861 times

Newcrest, for our project world, will be called SUMMERVILLE, in honor of Summer Island. I've named the four main Summer residential lots and the seasonal park, and there are plenty of other places to fill in with NPC housing and community lots, as you can see in the map below.

Summerville-Map.png
Summerville-Map.png (624.79 KiB) Viewed 857 times

Magnolia Promenade and Granite Falls will have only empty lots, suitable for building anything additional the player may like, to round out the world.

Here's the saved world with all of its parts, as posted above. It was saved in my game and then changed to Slot-10000008 in the saves folder, which shouldn't match with anything else you have saved. Just follow the directions below, to get the world into your own game.

Islands-Slot10000008.zip
(5.47 MiB) Downloaded 37 times

(Updated 08/16/15--No longer contains the Coast-Spencer Family, and I renamed the 3rd part of Newcrest.)

Unpack the .zip file to a safe place, then open the folder and copy all six of the files you'll find in there. Paste those files into your Saves folder (Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Saves). Once you have done that, you can go into your game and you'll find the Islands saved game listed in your own listed of saved games. Everything is ready for creating Sims and Lots.

Have fun!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Islands in the Sims--The World

Postby MelodyOkie » August 15th, 2015, 11:58 pm

Actually, I only had one lot and one family for each island, and my original intent was to put all four of them in Summerville (which I will probably still do and just have a Summerville I and a Summerville II; Summerville I being my original with all 4 of my families together and Summerville II will be for this project). I had not even thought of doing 4 separate worlds. But that is an excellent idea. When I do my Fall family and home, then I will ul it for Autumn Mesa; my Winter family and home for Winterspring and my Spring family and home for, also for Winterspring. I need to print out what you've posted so I don't forget what we are doing. ;-)

Are you ok with where I've put my Summer family and home? Or should I move them to a larger lot?
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Islands in the Sims--The World

Postby PierreAndre » August 16th, 2015, 12:31 am

i will be downloading it has well :) :joy:
PierreAndre
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: Islands--The World

Postby MelodyOkie » August 16th, 2015, 12:58 am

Linda, I would like to go ahead and claim 1 Spring Place (40x30) and 1 Winter Place (40x30) for my Spring and Winter Homes and Families, if you are taking requests for them. How about 1 Autumn Mesa while we're at it for my Fall home and family. Thanks. (by the way, I may be wrong, but I believe you put 1 Autumn Mesa on the 30x30 lot? I'll check it out - but if so that is perfect for me because I wanted to build it on a 30x30. Unless you just want them all to be on 40x30. (It's hard to tell on the map. It's ok, though, even if it's a 40x30, I can make it to fit either/or. It probably is a 40x30, it just looks square from here - (3 does as well ... I've not been in Oasis Springs in a long time ... )
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 16th, 2015, 1:02 am

I've added the map for (Newcrest) Summerville, now. I left space for your lot right where you put it. I decided to name those four main lots 1, 2, 3, & 4 Summer Way, for this map.

Melody--You automatically have all the ones you built in the islands. :uhhuh:

There isn't a 30x30 lot in Oasis Springs--all of the ones I noted are 40x30s...that one just looks square with the perspective.

This whole thing isn't set in stone, either, if you decide you want to build your lots in a different place. :yeah:

I've saved the world, now, and am going to get it translated to a downloadable world in just a few minutes.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 16th, 2015, 1:52 am

Yes, I did see when I was in the game a moment ago that those are 40x30's. It will work. I will build the Fall house on a 30x30, then transfer it to the 40x30 to make any adjustments for this project. I will upload the 40x30 version here so there won't any confusion .. oh- wait! I'm already confused. :evillaugh: It will work out, I know. :friends:

I ended up being booted out of my Spring spot on the Islands and mine was just an "alternate". Ohhhh ... yes, I have an alternate pair that I don't remember which season they were for. I'll figure it out and will need to make a home for them. They will be the last, though and can be fit in where-ever they'll fit. :yeah:

I do need the 40x30's for Winter and Spring as I will be building them on 40x30 lots in my original Summerville.

I've been trying to keep to the colors we had for them on the islands, but that is hard to do in Sims 4... :uhhuh: :evillaugh:

I've set-up a Neighborhly Sims Project 2 folder to help me stay organized. :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PierreAndre » August 16th, 2015, 1:59 am

me i will create a lot and sim family for 2 spring place
PierreAndre
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » August 16th, 2015, 2:06 am

Pierre--I will put your lot in one of the other places, since the 1-4 spots are for recreations of the originals. No problem, though, since there will be other places to put the lot without a problem. :friends:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PierreAndre » August 16th, 2015, 2:08 am

i will start on it tonight and link you to my gallery so you can test the family :friends: and thank you
PierreAndre
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » August 16th, 2015, 2:15 am

My eyes are really bothering me for some reason. 2 Summer Way is a 30x30 lot, but it looks like it's 30x20 on the map. It's definitely a 30x30 in the game. Am I just reading that wrong? :hi:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 16th, 2015, 2:32 am

Oops! You are absolutely right! 2 Summer way is definitely a 30x30. Sorry about that! I'll change the map.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 16th, 2015, 2:32 am

The downloadable world is now posted at the end of the first post (viewtopic.php?f=396&t=2942&p=20602#p20580). The instructions to use it are right there with it. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PierreAndre » August 16th, 2015, 2:34 am

lindawing wrote:The downloadable world is now posted at the end of the first post (viewtopic.php?f=396&t=2942&p=20602#p20580). The instructions to use it are right there with it. :joy:

Linda my bfff sent you a pm the familyis up on the gallery ready for testing family name muller
PierreAndre
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » August 16th, 2015, 2:48 am

I have it!! :joy: It worked perfectly!! :joy: I am so happy you've named it Islands and it's all inclusive. What's great about that is the families can travel to visit each other as well. I didn't even think about that!! It's perfect!! :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 16th, 2015, 2:51 am

Hooray!!! :hooray: Glad it worked perfectly, and that you like it! :joy: I'm about ready to post the Coast-Spencer family. I'm looking forward to what you think about my matching efforts. Whew!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Islands