The Coast-Spencer Family-For 3 Summer Way--Summerville

This is a public forum. In TS3, Neighborly Sims members built three (almost four) small islands that were identical except for their seasons. We added four main houses with families, to each island--seasonally appropriate. There was also a central park for each season, and a whole slew of fill-in lots. Now we're having fun recreating the essential parts of these islands, in TS4. We hope you'll join in!

The Coast-Spencer Family-For 3 Summer Way--Summerville

Postby lindawing » August 15th, 2015, 6:09 am

This family was originally created by Anika, for Summer Island, in TS3. I ended up creating the house for them, and since Anika hasn't been around for a while and I don't know if she's even playing TS4, I decided I'd recreate the family to go with the house.

Anika--if you happen to log on and see this and would rather replace the family yourself, be sure to let me know and I'll change mine out. In the meantime, here they are.

Their original story was:

Georgia and Kenny have recently become engaged and are adjusting to living together. As if moving in together does not present enough challenges, Georgia just learned that her brother, Spencer, was being sent to her with hopes that moving him to a fresh environment would help to mellow him out. Nothing seems to be working thus far, and Spencer resents his sister's engagement. Can their relationship be salvaged? Can they all learn to live together?

I had to change the story a bit, to suit TS4. The new story is:

Georgia and Kenny have recently become engaged and are adjusting to living together. As if moving in together does not present enough challenges, Georgia just learned that her brother, Spencer, was being sent to her with hopes that moving him to a fresh environment would help him develop a bit more evenly, socially. Nothing seems to be working thus far, since Spencer is actually a loner, plus he resents his sister's engagement. Can their relationship be salvaged? Can they all learn to live together?

Kenny--
TS3 Version...Young Adult, liked the color blue, PB&J sandwiches, and Indie music, was over-emotional yet had a good sense of humor, was a vegetarian, athletic, and an angler.

TS4 Version...Young Adult, is an outdoor enthusiast and an angling ace, is a foodie, active, and loves the outdoors.

CoastSpencer-Kenny.jpg
CoastSpencer-Kenny.jpg (878.94 KiB) Viewed 339 times

Georgia--
TS3 Version...Young Adult, liked the color lime green, PB&J sandwiches, and Indie music, was a vegetarian, a perfectionist, neat, artistic, and a schmoozer.

TS4 Version...Young Adult, wants to be the Friend of the World and is gregarious, is a foodie, a perfectionist, and neat.

CoastSpencer-Georgia.jpg
CoastSpencer-Georgia.jpg (909.48 KiB) Viewed 339 times

Spencer--
TS3 Version...Teen, liked the color black, hamburgers, and Rockabilly music, had no sense of humor and was neurotic and rebellious, was an equestrian.

TS4 Version...Teen, wants to be the Curator, and has the collector trait, is gloomy and a loner.

Coast-Spencer-Spencer.png
Coast-Spencer-Spencer.png (983.26 KiB) Viewed 339 times

Family--
TS3 Version...

TS4 Version (on the map)...

Coast-Spencer-OnMap.png
Coast-Spencer-OnMap.png (843.33 KiB) Viewed 339 times

Here's the family. They are also available in my (lindawing) Gallery.

Coast-Spencer-lindawing-081415.zip
(191.17 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Coast-Spencer Family-For 3 Summer Way--Summerville

Postby MelodyOkie » August 15th, 2015, 9:06 pm

:joy: :joy: :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 16th, 2015, 3:58 am

The first post is now filled in and the family is there. Now to try to make a similar house. There are some things that simply won't be available. For one thing, Spencer is no longer an Equestrian. He is, instead, a loner and a collector. Hmmm...
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 17th, 2015, 3:09 am

Very good likeness!! I thought that when I saw them in the "Manage Households" what a close resemblance they were to their TS3 predecessors!! Well done!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 17th, 2015, 6:52 am

Thanks, Melody! I worked SO hard on Kenny! I would like to have been able to change his face to a chunkier, more square version, but no matter what I did, I couldn't quite get him the way I wanted him. I was pleased that I was able to get that close, anyway. Spencer was difficult, too, with his originally-VERY-weak chin. If you view the TS4 version from the side, you can see that feature better. Georgia was fairly easy, except for the hair. In the end, I was pretty pleased with them all, and I think I was able to round out their traits and personalities fairly well, too. They should be fun to play! :uhhuh: :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 17th, 2015, 6:53 am

Their home is well on the way. I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 17th, 2015, 1:40 pm

I have that problem. Getting the features just right. What happens with me is, I get them to a certain point and like that so much, I go with it, rather than trying to get them how they actually looked in Sims 3. :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 17th, 2015, 9:18 pm

Agreed! :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Islands