Arcadium Plaza for Bitville

This is public forum.

Moderator: MelodyOkie

Arcadium Plaza for Bitville

Postby MelodyOkie » March 4th, 2017, 4:24 pm

The name suggests a place where our sims can go to play arcade games? Checking it out in Life Stories Sims 2, however shows it to be something altogether different and unexpected. Facing the Community Lot, there is a Clothing store on the left and a grocery store on the right with restrooms along the back center. I have tried to incorporate a place to play arcade games in my Sims 4 version. I did keep the clothing store on the left, with a coffee shop and arcade game on right - restrooms back center. This lot is listed as Retail and has not been purchased by a sim, so nothing is for sale yet in the clothing store. I forgot to do that. :doh: I will come back later and place a game ready version when I get a chance to do that.

Sims 2 game version of Arcadium Plaza:
Arcadium Plaza A.jpg
Arcadium Plaza A.jpg (197.76 KiB) Viewed 193 times

AP B.jpg
AP B.jpg (222.6 KiB) Viewed 193 times

AP C.jpg
AP C.jpg (184.83 KiB) Viewed 193 times

AP D.jpg
AP D.jpg (221.5 KiB) Viewed 193 times

Sims 4 (my version of) Arcadium Plaza:
Arcadium Plaza A.jpg
Arcadium Plaza A.jpg (555.48 KiB) Viewed 193 times

Arcadium Plaza B.jpg
Arcadium Plaza B.jpg (537.46 KiB) Viewed 193 times

Arcadium Plaza C.jpg
Arcadium Plaza C.jpg (554.94 KiB) Viewed 193 times

Arcadium Plaza D.jpg
Arcadium Plaza D.jpg (459.42 KiB) Viewed 193 times

Arcadium Plaza E.jpg
Arcadium Plaza E.jpg (658.64 KiB) Viewed 193 times

Arcadium Plaza F.jpg
Arcadium Plaza F.jpg (605.83 KiB) Viewed 193 times

This zip file is the non-played version that will need a sim to purchase it and set up the retail clothing store); I will add a game-ready version soon.
Arcadium Plaza.zip
(119.34 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

The stocked version:
Arcadium Plaza for Bitville.zip
(120.31 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

A picture after the dummies were dressed ... :)
Open for Business.jpg
Open for Business.jpg (509.65 KiB) Viewed 190 times
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Arcadium Plaza for Bitville

Postby lindawing » March 4th, 2017, 7:09 pm

Nice job! I believe this lot was actually a copy of one in the original Sims 2 game, that I tried to build for TS3 a couple of years back! I'm going to have to check it out...curious about it, now.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » March 4th, 2017, 8:43 pm

I believe the lots, etc. in Life Stories were all unique to Life Stories and not available as such in Sims 2. I know that just about everything in Sims 2 looked like everything else in Sims 2 - but similar as they were, they were still different. :uhhuh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » March 5th, 2017, 12:01 am

OK. Never played Life Stories enough to know...taking your word for it. :-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » March 5th, 2017, 1:12 am

:friends: That was one of the things that excited me about Life Stories, especially Riley's Story in Four Corners - the new creations. Being a "Stand-alone" game - I was so disappointed that nothing was interchangeable with Sims 2 (even though it was a Sims 2 game) - so everything from Life Stories is original and different from what is found in Sims 2 (including the sims). :yeah: I wanted to interchange them all so bad. Of course, now I've re-created them all for Sims 4 (well - almost ... working on Vincent's story in Bitville. :evillaugh:

Of course, having re-created all of TS2 lots from each of the 3 Original Neighborhoods, I know this lot is so similar to several I re-created for the worlds Carrie and I did for Sims 3. I loved doing that - just loved creating all of the TS2 lots for TS3!! That is why I've also done them all for TS4!! :uhhuh: :yeah: :joy: I like my TS3 versions much, much better. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » March 5th, 2017, 6:40 am

So far, though I love the building TOOLS in TS4, I have enjoyed building in TS3 the most, I think, because we still had elevations we could play with (though that was harder than in TS2). I wish they'd bring buildable hills back into TS4! There are so many building styles that we can't do, without the hills!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » March 5th, 2017, 2:34 pm

I am of the age that it's ok. The simpler the better and Sims 4 has made it so easy and so simple, anyone can build something very nice in Sims 4. Hoping that makes my recreation of Bitville go much faster! Problem is with the Community lots - creating them is quick, simple and easy; however, getting them to work properly for whatever venue it's for... now that's something else. They had to make some details almost impossible! :evillaugh: At least hard enough that all you want to do is use the pre-existing.... :yeah: We should be able to set what it is and it should work as that as long as we have the required elements in place ... but, no .... you have to do other things in game play to get it to work properly. :doh: Oh, well - I'm just happy they are easy to build. :uhhuh: :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » March 6th, 2017, 12:29 am

:evillaugh: Agreed!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 29th, 2017, 9:24 pm

:friends: