Cindy and Melissa Traverse for Weston Brook

This is a public forum.

Moderator: MelodyOkie

Cindy and Melissa Traverse for Weston Brook

Postby MelodyOkie » October 1st, 2015, 9:18 pm

This is a Mother and Daughter from Small World. They were down on their luck during their Sims 3 Days. Cindy had been married numerous times, none of the marriages ending well. The only good thing in her life is her Daughter, Melissa. She has no idea where Melissa's father is and most likely not sure who Melissa's father is. They were just "Traversing" around Small World without a home. At least as they "Traverse" their way into Sims 4, they will have a brand new home to start their new lives in.

How they were in Sims 3 and how they are now in Sims 4:
Cindy%20Traverse.jpg
Cindy%20Traverse.jpg (63.91 KiB) Viewed 274 times
Cindy Traverse.jpg
Cindy Traverse.jpg (83.37 KiB) Viewed 274 times

Melissa%20Traverse.jpg
Melissa%20Traverse.jpg (44.44 KiB) Viewed 274 times
Melissa Traverse.jpg
Melissa Traverse.jpg (87.91 KiB) Viewed 274 times

Their Zip File:
Cindy and Melissa Traverse.zip
(140.65 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Their new Sims 4 home will be ready in a few days.

Their home is now available here: viewtopic.php?f=381&t=3022
Front View.jpg
Front View.jpg (458.46 KiB) Viewed 260 times

While they were taking a nap after claiming their beds the Neighborhood Welcoming Party stopped by. Cindy was still in her nightie, so after she rushed outside to greet them I had to make her change. She's such a flirt and I guess it didn't bother her to rush up to the men in her nightie. :doh:

Neighborhood Welcome 1.jpg
Neighborhood Welcome 1.jpg (278.07 KiB) Viewed 260 times

And I guess the game brought them to her house unexpectedly because one of them had obviously been in the middle of his dinner - so he brought it along and kept on eating... :yeah:

Neighborhood Welcome 2.jpg
Neighborhood Welcome 2.jpg (276.18 KiB) Viewed 260 times
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cindy and Melissa Traverse for Weston Brook

Postby lindawing » October 1st, 2015, 10:30 pm

Great job!!! They are so sweet!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » October 1st, 2015, 11:24 pm

Thank you Linda. (sigh) for some reason all the Sims 4 sims look alike to me... When I was trying to find one to work with to create Cindy, every single one of them as I clicked on the button to randomize - every one of the females all had the exact same jaw line and chin... Then in manipulating the one closest, it just doesn't manipulate well for me. And all the children seem to look exactly the same, no matter what sim or sims they are created from... (Of course the children always did all look alike to me regardless which game it was... :doh: :evillaugh: )
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 2nd, 2015, 12:05 am

I'm starting to get a little bit more familiar with how to change jawlines, etc. Judi picked up on some things right away when she got into the game, and told me about them. I was looking at her like, "How on Earth did you figure all that out after just a few minutes, and I had never seen it?" :doh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » October 2nd, 2015, 12:35 am

Well, I know how to change it, I just am never happy with how it looks. I can make the face longer by touching and sliding along the forehead, I can make the jawline longer by touching and sliding along the jaw, as well as wider, squarer, or whatever - it just never looks natural to me or as good as our Sims 3 sims. I had such beautiful sims 3 sims and sims 2 sims ... gorgeous sims 2 sims. Eyelashes!! We had eyelashes in Sims 3 - nice natural eyelashes and I could do more with the eyes. If we put makeup on our simmies in 2 and 3 - it stayed on our simmies for all their outfits ... it does not in Sims 4. The makeup goes away with the outfit. I try not to even bother with the makeup. And the game randomly puts glasses on the Sims for sleeping in? or earrings on the male sims when you change their outfit? What? - Oh and Painting the houses, inside and out also can be a problem depending on different things, of course, but you can't depend on shift and click anymore because it isn't going to paint the entire area ... there can be one space it didn't color for whatever reason.

Sorry - now I'm just complaining about the whole game. :doh: :evillaugh: So sorry - don't mind me - I just get frustrated with it's lack of texture and color choices, etc. etc. etc. :uhhuh: :doh: :evillaugh:
:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 2nd, 2015, 12:52 am

I understand. :friends:

With the painting thing, I'm thinking that may have happened if you have random partitions on the other side of the wall, that are not full walls..as in a single, added piece of wall to make a closet area, or something like that. On the other side of the wall, the shift-paint thing will only go up until it finds either a fence or a room division of some type.

Also, if there is a small room on the other side, that IS complete, but you are painting the other side, which is a bigger room, you may have that happen. It depends on which room was completed first, I think, or maybe just on which one is the larger. I do know that it happens, but it's for one reason or the other. :uhhuh:

The glasses for sleeping has me stumped...right from the beginning. I have NO idea why they did that! I suppose it's because if you wear contacts during the day, when you get ready for bed, if you don't just "go blind" like I do, you have to put on your glasses...maybe? Who knows? :lol:

As for the makeup...unless I REALLY want to have the small makeup changes that I generally use, I just go without, too. Otherwise, I make a list of what I'm using, so that I can be sure to use the same list all the way through. I only use the tiniest amount they allow, and I do it to simulate natural coloring, not full makeup, so I do want it to look the same, regardless of what time of day or event is being simulated.

I feel the same about the eyelashes...sigh.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » October 2nd, 2015, 2:20 am

Exactly! (On the paint thing and everything else ... :evillaugh: )
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » October 2nd, 2015, 2:40 pm

These two are a cute family :joy:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » October 2nd, 2015, 2:59 pm

Thank you!! I'm working on their home now. :uhhuh: