Getting Down to Business - Challenge 5

This is a public forum. Melody has created this challenge for herself, and hopes you'll join in the fun!

Getting Down to Business - Challenge 5

Postby MelodyOkie » April 24th, 2015, 5:09 pm

I've decided for the next challenge, not to include a required aspiration or the need to start with a child. I will be using my 5th Generation child, after she becomes a young adult, for this Challenge. (This way I can keep up with where I am - maybe? :evillaugh: )

I've taken the pertinent information from Carl's Sims Guides to use for this challenge. The guide has some good advice and information that will be beneficial to us all, for this career.

The Sims 4 Business Career
Management Branch

The Sims 4 Business Career features both Management and Investor Branches. (We will be following the Management Branch for this Challenge). Both of these may offer you opportunities that could, at random, make your Sim some extra money based on what you select and some random variation. The Career relies heavily on the Charisma and Logic Skills, no matter which branch you take. While it starts with an Ideal Mood of Energized, it shifts to Confident at Regional Manager (level 5) while the Career offers you to select a branch upon reaching level 7. At this point it is necessary that you choose to follow the Management Branch for this challenge. Since Emotional buffs are fairly easy to get, you don't need any special traits to pursue either of these Careers. However, Outgoing and a Popularity Aspiration (to give the Gregarious Bonus Trait) may be helpful to levelling Charisma and making Friends. While Friends are not necessary, it's just a perk to be able to have your social interactions succeed more often and perhaps level Charisma faster.

The starting Daily Task, Fill out Reports, can be found on the Computer under the Web menu. Filling out Reports may sometimes give your Sim a Bored Moodlet, "Paperwork Drudgery". This is tough, as it takes a few hours to do and you're already gone for the 9-5. Just accept that your Sim has less time in the early levels and will eventually get a better job without the boring paperwork.

Business Career
(Since the game actually tells you what is required for advancement to the next level - I've chosen not to include that information here.)

1 Mailroom Technician
2 Office Assistant
3 Assistant to the Manager
4 Assistant Manager
5 Regional Manager
6 Senior Manager

Management Career

The Management Career Branch features Confident Aura items, which are appropriate for the Career however not very useful for gaining progress in it because they don't work when you're out of the room. They may, however, help with the success rate of Make Business Calls (found on the Phone under Household), which may only be done from 8PM-8AM on Weekdays - meaning your Sim needs to do them after work hours. Making these calls can help you get promoted faster so long as you have the Skill requirements met. Sims who make successful calls may get a Confident or +2 Embarrassed Moodlet depending whether they succeed or fail at the deal. It's more important you complete them than if you bother to make them. I'd do them after work so that there is no chance of going into work totally embarrassed and risking some kind of freak accident emotional death. In order to get Confident before Work, you can simply Psych Self Up using a mirror or make your Sim brush their teeth.

Management Career Branch

7 Vice-President
8 President
9 CEO
10 Business Tycoon

So basically, the goal is to top out in the Business Career following the Management Career Branch and becoming a Business Tycoon.

Hoping if you choose to do this you will share your Business Adventures with us in a new post. Thank you!!
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Getting Down to Business - Challenge 5

Postby lindawing » April 24th, 2015, 8:36 pm

I'm already way behind, since I haven't yet finished out Michael's Let's Paint challenge (almost, though).

Since I've been doing two aspirations & careers at the same time, usually, with spouses, I'm thinking I'll combine the Spaced Out and Let's Get Cooking challenges!

Then I'll approach this one. :uhhuh: It looks like a great challenge! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 24th, 2015, 8:59 pm

Thank you Linda! I thought it would be fun to do the Business Career. While playing the Spaced Out Challenge, Stacie's Sister and Husband were both in the Business Career and although not actually playing it, I found they progressed well through it and that is when I thought I would enjoy concentrating on the Business Career with my key Sim.

I basically played the Spaced Out Challenge and Cooking Challenge together, to a point, but was wishing I would have done one at a time and completed the one before starting the other. :evillaugh: It will keep you hopping doing both, that's for sure.

I can't stop now, but wanted to slow down a bit and catch my breath.... :yeah: One Challenge at a time for me from now on! :uhhuh: :evillaugh: (So I won't be starting this one until I've completed the "Let's Get Cooking Challenge" .)
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 24th, 2015, 9:02 pm

:uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » May 18th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Note: Guru 111222333444 and Guru 555666777888 may find themselves called to task regarding Report 051816 due to their lack of concentration and wandering about, rather than observing Subject Arlene Akin who is the product of this experiment and must complete assignment goals. However, the observations related in report 051816 are rather interesting and exciting.

Novella Spacey nee Novel.jpg
While wandering around, rather than concentrating on the subject - Novella Spacey (nee Novel) was spotted walking home.
Novella Spacey nee Novel.jpg (101.12 KiB) Viewed 425 times

The state of her body proved too interesting and we thought it important to try to find out why her stomach was swollen so large. We thought we might have to intercede on her behalf and save her life. We have never witnessed a swelling like that in our clones.

Clones procreate.jpg
We could not believe our eyes!
Clones procreate.jpg (67.26 KiB) Viewed 425 times

Upon further observation, said clone started wreathing and shouting in pain. We did not know what to do. As we watched, a miracle happened. We witnessed a tiny clone pop up and out. We were relieved when she caught the thing in mid-air.

A Male Child born to a Clone.jpg
This is unprecedented in the history of cloning. We were so amazed that we forgot what they named the male child clone.
A Male Child born to a Clone.jpg (99.05 KiB) Viewed 425 times

Meeting must be called to determine if the child is actually a clone, although born of two clones.

After all of the excitement over the birthing clone subsided, we started back towards the subject that we were supposed to be observing. Since Clone Rainbow Bruno was right next door, we took a look and saw she had been busy painting.

Painting by Rainbow Bruno.jpg
Painting by Rainbow Bruno.jpg (71.48 KiB) Viewed 425 times

Another Painting by Rainbow Bruno.jpg
Another Painting by Rainbow Bruno.jpg (170.82 KiB) Viewed 425 times

Unfortunately, we did not make it back to the subject at hand.
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » May 18th, 2016, 10:09 pm

Oh, such interesting sidetracks! Grats to the parents of the historic babe! Grats to the babe! What an incredible life he could live!

That's a really nice painting. It took me a minute or so, to locate the spot in the view to which it belongs. Nice!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » May 18th, 2016, 11:54 pm

It makes me want to play her and have her paint all the choices (even though she has in her past life) - I just love the paintings!!

It will be interesting to see how the clone baby gets on in life, especially since I won't be playing the clones - if I can just keep from getting so bored observing and playing Arlene!! :doh: I imagine I won't be able to stay away from her cloned father's house with the baby and all. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » May 19th, 2016, 12:43 am

:uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Getting Down to Business--Challenge #5