Let's Get Cooking--Challenge #4

This is a public forum. Melody has created this challenge for herself, and hopes you'll join in the fun!

Let's Get Cooking--Challenge #4

Postby MelodyOkie » March 20th, 2015, 3:31 pm

This one, for some reason, is harder for me to put together than the other 3 challenges have been. It isn't as
"structured" or straight-forward as I would have liked it to be. I researched with Carl's Sims Guides. By the way, there are a lot of hints and ideas that will help you maximize your experience and ability to complete this challenge with your Sim at Carl's.

The last two challenges have started as Children with requirements and Aspirations to complete for those Children. This challenge basically only repeats the Creativity Aspiration Challenge in the previous Challenge 2. So if you start with a child (for those of us who are doing these challenges "generationally" (so to speak); then repeat the Creativity Aspiration from Challenge 2 for your child sim. Also have our 4th Generation Child do whatever he/she can to build cooking skills that is allowed in the game, like reading cooking skill books, watching cooking shows, if the game allows for it, to help prepare them for their future career. Give them the Artistic Ambition with the Creative Trait.

As a Teen, our Sim will need to take on the Master Chef Aspiration with the Creative and Foodie Traits. Milestone's to accomplish are as follows:

Milestone 1: Alumium Chef
... Cook 5 Excellent Meals
... Cook 2 Meals while Inspired

Milestone 2: Captain Cook
... Achieve Level 5 of the Cooking Skill
... Cook a Gourmet Meal
... Earn Silver at a Dinner Party Event
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Milestone 3: Culinary Artist

... Become an Adult* (I don't know at this time if Young Adult qualifies - and this is what I meant that this challenge is not as clear to me at this point as how to lay it out)
... Reach Level 4 in the Culinary Career
... Create 3 Types of Excellent Food

Milestone 4: Master Chef
... Achieve Level 5 of the Gourmet Cooking Skill
... Reach Level 8 of the Culinary Career
... Cook 3 Gourmet Dishes at a Single Event

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instructions:

As soon as possible, the following objectives should be met:

1. As a Child, give your Sim the Creativity Aspiration
2. As a Teen, give your sim the Master Chef Aspiration
3. As a Teen, have your Sim take a part-time job (suggest anything that is food industry - coffee shop or whatever is available)
4. As a Young Adult add the Music Lover Trait/Adult - your sim should be in the Culinary field, working towards the Master Chef goal and branching off to the Chef Career Branch working towards the Celebrity Chef goal.
5. During your Sim's Lifetime, he must cook as many of the items that are listed as possible.
6. Please start a separate thread for telling us all about your Sim and his/her accomplishments during this Challenge. Please title it Let's Get Cooking with (your Sim's Name here) by (your name here). ie. Let's Get Cooking with Franklin by Melody. Thank you!!
7. Questions? Ask them here - Thanks!! (I have lots of questions! This one may be the easiest challenge? But, it sure has been the hardest for me to lay out. So if you are confused - so am I, but maybe we can figure it out together!! )

Traits to be given when they are able to be added:
Creative
Foodie
Perfectionist
Music Lover

Notes and Hints:
Having your child start out with the Creativity Aspiration will give your sim the addition of the Muser trait which is essential in completing your goal and will help your Sim become Inspired more easily.

Completing the Master Chef aspiration will require your Sim to host events. I definitely have trouble hosting events and completing the goals that are listed at the top left of the screen during the event (party, social, whatever). Steps to help make your "Dinner Party Event" a success would include Thanking each guest for coming, making drinks (so you will need a bar in your home), turning on the music (you will need a stereo in your home), cooking a meal and then calling your guests to Meal. Keep busy, check the goals and you have 6 hours to try to accomplish them and earn a silver medal. I've yet to do this, but I bet you can!! (When you host a party - before you pick up your phone to plan an event - make sure your fridge does not contain any left-overs - your fridge needs to be empty, otherwise your guest will go to the fridge and pull out food to eat, serving themselves to whatever is there. Start your Gourmet meals with a large salad, to make it easier to crank out the food, especially for Milestone 5 of the Master Chef Aspiration - achieving "Master Chef" and the requirement to of cooking 5 Gourmet dishes at a single event! (Once you've accomplished this Aspiration your sim will get the Fresh Chef Reward Trait - no food will ever spoil again!!)

Can you believe that there is a suggestion, once your Sim is in the Culinary Career, of receiving a promotion every single day!? And although I've not accomplished this in the previous 3 challenges, who knows if it's possible or not? Worth a try, I guess. Suggestions to accomplish this is complete the daily tasks (work requirements), make sure your Sim is in an Inspired mood when they leave for work, have your sim's work mode set to "Work Hard".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Information:

Culinary Career has 5 levels

1. Assistant Dishwasher - Daily Task - Prepare Food
2. Head Dishwasher - Daily Task - Prepare Food and Reach Level 2 of the Cooking Skill
3. Caterer - Daily Task - Prepare Food and Reach Level 2 of the Mixology Skill
4. Mixologist - Daily Task - Prepare Food and Reach Level 3 of both the Cooking and Mixology Skills
5. Line Cook - Daily Task - Prepare Food and Reach Level 4 of both the Cooking and Mixology Skills

Chef Career Branch

6. Head Caterer - Daily Task - Prepare Food and Reach Level 6 of the Cooking Skill and Level 2 of the Gourmet Cooking Skill
7. Pastry Chef - Daily Task - Prepare Food and Reach Level 7 of the Cooking Skill and Level 4 of the Gourmet Cooking Skill
8. Sous Chef - Daily Task - Prepare Food and Reach Level 8 of the Cooking Skill and Level 6 of the Gourmet Cooking Skill
9. Executive Chef - Daily Task - Prepare Food and Reach Level 10 of the Cooking Skill and Level 8 of the Gourmet Cooking Skill
10. Celebrity Chef - Daily Task - Prepare Food and go to work.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Helpful Information?

Meal Times:
Breakfast - 4am to 10am
Brunch - 10am to 12pm
Lunch - 12pm to 4pm
Dinner - 4pm to 2am

Skills that will be helpful in your Cooking Career and Aspirations
Gardening
Fishing
Handiness

Cooking Recipes
Franks and Beans
Breakfast Scramble
1. Mac and Cheese
2. Chocolate Cake
3. Hamburger
4. Garden Salad
5. Grilled Cheese
6. White Cake
7. Scrambled Eggs
8. BLT
9. Fish Tacos
10. Eggs and Toast
11. Chips and Salsa
12. High Energy Protein Plate
13. Pan Fried Tilapia
14. Chocolate Chip Cookies
15. Taco Casserole
16. Pancakes
17. Silly Gummy Bear Pancakes
18. Flirty Heart Cookies
19. Black and White Cookies
20. Spaghetti
21. Angry Flaming Spaghetti
22. Strawberry Cake
23. Fish and Chips
24. French Toast
25. Signature Cake
26. Chili
27. blue Confetti Cake
28. Omelet
29. Blackened Bass
30. Apple Pie
31. chicken Stir Fry
32. Cioppino
33. Tuna Casserole
34. Roast Chicken

Grilling:
1. Hamburger
2. Hot Dogs
3. Tofu Dogs
4. Veggie Burger
5. Grilled Chicken
6. Salmon
7. Steak
8. the Baconing? may be Cupcake Factory Food?

Cupcake Factory:
1. Classic Vanilla
2. Minty Mocha
3. Carrot Cake
4. Butterscotchman
5. Strawberry Fizzy
6. Red Velvet
7. Super Chocolate Tummers Bomb
8. ?The Baconing? May be the grill?

Gourmet Recipes
1. Garlic Noodles
2. Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
3. Pasta Primavera
4. Caprese Salad
5. Black and White Cake
6. White and Black Cake
7. Butternut Gnocchi
8. Chicken Saltimbocca
9. Herb-Crusted Salmon
10. Spinach Frittata
11. Salt and Pepper Shrimp Cocktail
12. Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
13. Tiered Cake
14. SimCity Cheesecake
15. Rack of Lamb
16. Lobster Tortellini
17. Lobster Thermidor
18. Trout Meuniere
19. Baked Alaska
20. Ambrosia
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's talk Ambrosia - Must be at Level 10 Gourmet and Cooking Skill. Will need to collect the Death Flower and the Angel Fish as well as have the Potion of Youth. You will also need to be at Level 7 Gardening. You will need to Graft Cherry on Apple to get the Pomegranate or go fishing and catch it at the Pond in Willow Creek Park. Graft Lily onto Snapdragon to make an Orchid (thinking this can be caught fishing as well? But at one of the hidden spots? Graft Orchid onto Pomegranate to make the Death Flower (which I think the Death flower can also be caught fishing?) Catch the Angelfish in any river in Willow Creek. Accrue 1500 Satisfaction points for that Youth Reward potion. With all the ingredients, cook Ambrosia and you can bring back the dead. Not really something I'm interested in, but.... it's on the list of things that can be cooked and I may want to cook it just because....

Ok - Ambrosia Recipe and Requirements.
Ingredients required:
Angelfish
Death Flower
Potion of Youth

Skills required:
Cooking level 10
Gourmet Cooking level 10
Gardening level 7
Fishing level 1 to 10 (depending on luck)

You'll need a large garden tended each day, level up those cooking and gourmet cooking skills and go fishing. Have the Creativity Aspiration with the Muser skill, be a Master Chef in the Culinary Career Track and there you have it. This is not a requirement of this challenge - only for those who wish to finish with a flare ... :evillaugh:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(May be revised if need be as we go along)
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Let's Get Cooking--Challenge #4

Postby lindawing » March 20th, 2015, 11:08 pm

This will be fun! I love the cooking aspiration. :joy: Now I just have to get my Let's Paint completed and get on with Spaced Out, before I can do this one! :rolleyes:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » March 21st, 2015, 12:18 am

Oh, I wish I would have had the patience to wait on this child!! Now I will be stuck trying to do the hardest challenge (Spaced Out) and keep up with the needs for the next challenge. (sigh) What is wrong with me that I couldn't wait!?! :doh:

Stacie has quite a ways to go before she completes her challenge, so this one, I hope I won't have to concentrate to much on until Stacie gets further along with hers. :uhhuh:

Love the icon!! :joy:

Thank you for setting the thread up for me!! :friends: I've always been partial to the cooking. In Sims 2 and in Sims 3 as well. I also loved the Culinary Librarian one in Sims 3 - collecting and learning all those recipes was so much fun for me. I will be glad to move from the Space Challenge to the Cooking Challenge!!
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » March 21st, 2015, 12:53 am

I would think because there is SO much to be done with the cooking aspiration, that you should be fine with both going at one time. You can do it! :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » March 21st, 2015, 2:52 am

I certainly hope so, because I'm sort of stuck with the have to do it now - no choice (I blew that when I let them have a baby already)!! :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » March 21st, 2015, 7:09 am

:rotfl:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » March 21st, 2015, 2:35 pm

:uhhuh: :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » May 4th, 2015, 10:38 pm

My sim, Franklin, has been very busy with this Challenge and I now have quite an extensive list of Recipes, that I thought I would share here. I've taken the "Lazy" way out, instead of typing up my own list (alphabetized) - I just took picks in the game of what can be cooked, baked, grilled, etc.

Bake 1.jpg
Bake 1.jpg (74.29 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Bake 2.jpg
Bake 2.jpg (67.75 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Bake 3.jpg
Bake 3.jpg (78.98 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Bake 4.jpg
Bake 4.jpg (81.67 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Bake 5.jpg
Bake 5.jpg (78.88 KiB) Viewed 869 times

Breakfast.jpg
Breakfast.jpg (116.12 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Brunch.jpg
Brunch.jpg (148.89 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Cook 1.jpg
Cook 1.jpg (63.46 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Cook 2.jpg
Cook 2.jpg (72.39 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Cook 3.jpg
Cook 3.jpg (73.34 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Cook 4.jpg
Cook 4.jpg (71.56 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Cook 5.jpg
Cook 5.jpg (101.57 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Cupcake Machine 1.jpg
Cupcake Machine 1.jpg (75.03 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Cupcake Machine 2.jpg
Cupcake Machine 2.jpg (90.39 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Cupcake Machine 3.jpg
Cupcake Machine 3.jpg (91.58 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Cupcake Machine 4.jpg
Cupcake Machine 4.jpg (58.65 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Dinner 1.jpg
Dinner 1.jpg (89.49 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Dinner 2.jpg
Dinner 2.jpg (89.92 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Dinner 3.jpg
Dinner 3.jpg (74.75 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Dinner 4.jpg
Dinner 4.jpg (49.78 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Gourmet 1.jpg
Gourmet 1.jpg (75.9 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Gourmet 2.jpg
Gourmet 2.jpg (75.96 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Gourmet 3.jpg
Gourmet 3.jpg (79.71 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Grill 1.jpg
Grill 1.jpg (172.94 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Grill 2.jpg
Grill 2.jpg (130.03 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Lunch 1.jpg
Lunch 1.jpg (99.97 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Lunch 2.jpg
Lunch 2.jpg (62 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Mega Cooler.jpg
Mega Cooler.jpg (54.21 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Microwave Quickies.jpg
Microwave Quickies.jpg (36.81 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Portable Cooler.jpg
Portable Cooler.jpg (47.51 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Quick Meals.jpg
Quick Meals.jpg (82.62 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Special Recipes - Varies.jpg
These Special Recipes show up on occasion and will vary as to what the recipe is.
Special Recipes - Varies.jpg (113.6 KiB) Viewed 870 times

And there you have it. Everything you ever wanted to know about what can be cooked. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » May 4th, 2015, 11:18 pm

That's a wonderful idea, Melody! :joy: Thanks!!!

Of course every time a game pack or expansion pack is added, those pictures will probably have to be updated. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » May 4th, 2015, 11:41 pm

The next generation can do that ... :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » May 5th, 2015, 12:19 am

:rotfl: