Let's Paint - Challenge #2

This is a public forum. Melody has created this challenge for herself, and hopes you'll join in the fun!

Re: Let's Paint - Challenge #2

Postby lindawing » February 23rd, 2015, 4:28 am

Oh, cool! I just suggested a musical challenge to go with the art, but I like the career thing! Nice! Looking forwad to carrying on with Michael, who has just reached teenage. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 23rd, 2015, 2:47 pm

Yes, I want to keep this about painting and not go off in a different direction. Let's Paint! :evillaugh: I think I can come up with a nice 3rd part to the Let's Paint Challenge through the career path. :uhhuh: I'll be working on that today. :yeah: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 23rd, 2015, 5:56 pm

Part 3 of the Challenge is up!! :yeah: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 23rd, 2015, 9:47 pm

Going to look! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 23rd, 2015, 9:52 pm

This is going to be great fun! :hooray:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 23rd, 2015, 10:41 pm

I've run into a few disconcerting, rather irritating dilemmas. While Rainbow was living at home with her parents and brothers, she was able to purchase one of the upgraded easels, like her Dad's. She couldn't put it in her pocket (inventory) to take with her when she moved. After she moved, it is no longer available to her to purchase like before. I don't understand. Plus there are 2 other, even nicer easels that require her to be at a certain painting level - which she is topped out at 10; however, they are still locked and only require a level 8? So she is back to having to paint on the cheapest easel. I don't understand why that is. I hope I'm the only one that runs into this problem. :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 23rd, 2015, 10:54 pm

You might try moving her back in, since her house right now isn't really big enough (have just read the other topic), and have her try again to get her easel into her pocket, just to make sure. If she can get it, that's good, then she can go ahead and move back out again. That kind of thing happens in RL all the time! :lol:

I noticed last night that the easel is still locked in my game, too, even though other things that were previously unlocked by other Sims are not unlocked in my BB catalog! I'm thinking it's a glitch with the easel, unfortunately! Shaking head at EA once again. :-(
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 23rd, 2015, 11:02 pm

I'm sure it is along with the many other glitches we encounter. Will have to figure out a way to work around it. Maybe as she advances in her career it will show up again available to purchase and the others should unlock with the advancement in the career.

No, there's no way to get that easel into her inventory. (Probably because it was paid for out of the family funds.) I tried many different times before she moved. The only thing she can do with that easel is to paint on it. That's it.
I might be able to get Dylan to put it in his pocket and gift it to her though.... I'll try that.

I really think I do need to replace her home. I'll probably just check my library and see what would work best on that lot size and do that. It's a cute home, and I could just build a 2nd story - but that's a lot of extra work if I already have one that works well. But it is a cute home. EA did a good job with their homes in Sims 4 - they are all very cute and decorated well. :yeah: :uhhuh: Maybe she should just learn to live with a small place until she gets married. She actually has a 2nd bedroom there for a little one, though. It might work out. I should just leave well enough alone, I guess. :uhhuh: No, especially if she marries another artist - she's definitely going to need a bigger place.... Undo, Undo, Undo... :yeah: :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 24th, 2015, 4:51 am

I'm glad you undid. I definitely love the new place! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 24th, 2015, 3:29 pm

Thank you!! :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 24th, 2015, 6:28 pm

NOTE: So today I played the family for a moment to see if Dylan can place the extra better easel in his inventory, then give it to Rainbow as a gift. Unfortunately it can't be done. The easel, once placed in the world, whether purchased or placed from inventory where it was placed after receiving it with the accomplishments made; anyway - once placed in the world from wherever it came from ... it can not be then placed into the personal inventory. It is there, in the world, permanent and can only be used and never retrieved. Now - I've one more experiment to try and that is in build/buy mode with the family inventory and if it can be placed there. But then can things be gifted out of the family inventory? This seems like such a waste of time. :doh: But why can't the thing be placed in their inventory? It should!! Frustrating!! EA FAILURE!! :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 24th, 2015, 11:07 pm

Agreed! I actually did try that experiment, last night, in my game. It CAN be put into the family inventory, but then it can only be placed back into the environment, from which it came. I suppose if you moved the whole FAMILY out, it would be in the inventory, and it could be placed. Then you could move the whole family back, but that's totally ridiculous! Shame, EA!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 25th, 2015, 12:01 am

I think they did that because it is a special "earned" easel and I know she will be earning it again with her job. I think once a sim has earned the easel, then it should be a forever thing available to them; I guess it would have been too difficult to program it that way, though. :uhhuh: And I'm so happy you have already tried putting it in the family inventory - now I don't have to!! :joy: :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 25th, 2015, 4:55 am

I don't think that would have been too hard to program. I think a programmer just dropped the ball! It's quite irritating that you can't divide up the things in the household inventory when one Sim moves out. EVERYTHING in the family inventory should be able to be put into a single Sim's inventory just for that purpose! It's just a silly oversight, I think. Silly EA!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 25th, 2015, 3:59 pm

Agreed! And why did they make it so difficult to move 1 sim out of a household!?! You should just be able to click on that sim and have them either use the phone or the computer and move out!! It is so confusing and difficult the way they've done it. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Let's Paint--Challenge #2