Let's Paint - Challenge #2

This is a public forum. Melody has created this challenge for herself, and hopes you'll join in the fun!

Let's Paint - Challenge #2

Postby MelodyOkie » February 9th, 2015, 12:03 am

We will be starting with a Sim Child, so a family will be necessary with this challenge. We will follow the child through his or her adulthood (from an Artistic Prodigy to a Painter Extraordinaire. I just need to get the details worked out.

PART 1

When you create your family in CaS, be sure to give your child the Artistic Prodigy Aspiration (the child will be the Star of this Challenge) - or, if you choose, like Linda and I, you can start with just a couple who would then need to have a baby and then when that baby ages up to child, at that time be sure to choose the Artistic Prodigy Aspiration. It really doesn't matter how you choose to start this Challenge, except for the Requiment, there must be a child with the Artistic Prodigy Aspiration.

The first goal will be to have that child achieve the Artistic Prodigy Aspiration objectives:

Milestone 1:

Have an Activity Table (50 points)
Draw 2 Pictures while inspired (50 points)

Milestone 2:

Achieve Level 5 of the Creativity Skill (150 points)
Play with 3 Toys (150 points)

Milestone 3:

Play instruments for a total of 5 hours (does not have to be consecutive) - (200 points)
Draw all 5 picture types on the activity table (250 points)
Achieve level 10 of the Creativity skill (250 points)

Total points earned: (1100)

The reward trait: Creatively Gifted Children who receive this aspiration will build adult creative skills faster.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART 2

The Teenage Years

We all have to suffer through them. Sometimes they can be quite stressful, but sometimes they can be quite fulfilling.
Our Artistic Prodigy won't have a lot of time to get into trouble. At least he/she will be too busy, I think, to cause us too much grief. Besides attending school - (no skipping school!!) and keeping up with the homework (must do their homework!!), this well-rounded Teen will also have a part-time job. They probably won't enjoy it, but it is necessary for this challenge. Any part-time job that is available will have to do - there are none that will actually add anything to their final goal, but - at least they'll be making a little spending money.

Choose the Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration and complete the following Milestones

Milestone 1: III at Easel (I have no idea what this means - but it's worth 150 points

Start 3 paintings while inspired (75)
Paint for 5 hours (does not have to be consecutively) (75)

Milestone 2: Fine Artist

Achieve Level 4 of the Painting skill (300)
Sell 3 Paintings to collectors or Art Gallery (250)
Complete 3 emotional paintings (200)

Milestone 3: Brushing with Greatness

Achieve Level 6 of the Painting Skill (500)
View or Admire 3 Paintings at an Art Museum (350)
Complete 10 Excellent Paintings (500)

Milestone 4: Painter Extraordinaire

Achieve Level 10 Painting Skill (1500)
Complete 5 Masterpieces (1250)

Total Points: 5000
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PART 3

Young Adult on

Must have the Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration which will be fulfilled if you have completed Part 2 of this Challenge

Once our Teen has aged up to young adult, he/she will need to get a job in the Painter Career. He/She should be in the Master of the Reel Branch of the Career (which I believe this choice will open after the first 6 goals for the Painter Career have been accomplished). Your Sim must follow what is necessary to get the job done and be successful in their career - specifically the assigned daily tasks.

1. Now that your Sim has reached Adulthood (Young Adult); it is time to get serious about his/her career as well as his/her life.

2. Your Sim's Traits should be Creative, Art Lover, Perfectionist and continue with the Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration that has been successfully completed.

3. First your sim should join the Painter Career. There are two branches to choose from. Our sim loves painting so much, they want to be a Professional Painter. So in this case, the sim needs to join the "Master of the Real" branch. (the Patron of the Arts branch is more viewing than doing.. we want our sim to be the one the Patron's view!!) The other traits include Muser which is assigned with the choice of the Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration; Creatively Gifted and Expressionistic are the final two traits acquired by my sim going through the first two parts of this challenge. After she aged up there was only one trait open to choose and I chose perfectionist as advised from Carl's Sims Guides.

So make sure your sim is on the right Career Track by joining the Master of the Real branch of the Painter Career when it is available to do.
(by doing this, the odds of your sim excelling at his/her profession are much higher as a Pro-Painter).

4. Once your Sim has acquired his/her job, then they need to move out on their own. For those who love to create homes, this is your chance to create a special home for a Painting career. For those who don't there are some nice homes in the neighborhood. It's your choice, though. Your sim should move in for free (freerealestate).
When you are looking for or designing his/her new home, make sure there is a special painting space inside the home. Also think about the future. If you want to continue through generations like Linda and I; the home will need an extra bedroom or two for the next generation.

Once your sim has acquired his/her new home and moved out on their own, it's time to get down to business.

A. You may sell your sim's paintings to either the Art Gallery or Art Collector. The Art Gallery pays higher and those Simoleons add up, especially when a Masterpiece is sold (the Art Gallery pays 50% more for the Masterpieces and 20% more for the other paintings). Please be aware the money cheat will no longer be allowed. Your Sim must earn their monies by selling their paintings and their earnings from their job plus any monies they get from their Agent*.

B. Get your Sim inspired:

Reasearch Art Reference
Gather Inspiration
Critically Assess
Read about the Painting Skill

(The above should put off Inspired Emotional Auras that increases the chance of creating Masterpieces)

C. Be sure to work on your Sim's Charisma and Logic Skills - it will be required to do well in this branch.

*6. Hire an Agent (I believe this may not be available to do until you have moved on to the chosen "branch" of the career.

Call the agent for occasional bonus money.

7. Professional Goals:

Do whatever is necessary to advance in the chosen career climbing the Job Ranks as listed:

(1) Palette Cleaner (100 Points)
(2) Art Book Collator (200 Points)
(3) Hungry Artist (200 Points)
Watercolor Dabbler (200 Points)
Canvas Creator (400 Points)
Imaginative Imagist (400 Points)
Artist En Residence (500 Points)
Professional Painter (500 Points)
Illustious Illustrator (500 Points)
Master of the Reel (2000 Points)

Your sim must end up in their career as "Master of the Reel". (5000 Points Total)

8. At some point determined by you, your sim must meet, develop a relationship, fall in love and marry a sim of the opposite sex.
9. At some point determined by you, before your Sim is too old, she/he should have a child
(if you so choose, this child will be the next generation to be in the next challenge to be announced at a future date)

Once completed, grand total of points = 11,100
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other rules:

It is important to maintain school and job functions as well as work on the aspiration skill
Because we have experienced rapid decline of the sims needs, using the cheat to fill their needs is allowed. However, please don't over-use it or abuse it. The sim needs to lead as normal a life as possible - eating, getting sleep, building relationships. However, you may erase those bathroom needs as much as you like because they really do nothing for the game except irritate the player at how often they need to go and how quickly those needs decay.

Any opportunities that arise from school or work should be played out.

That's it! Just have fun and please share. Start a new post and please include "Let's Paint" in the subject with your name.

Any comments/questions/discussion are welcome in this thread and I may have to edit this, since it's all new to me and I will be playing along with you ... learning as I go!! :yeah:

Thank you for coming out to play with me!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Let's Paint - Challenge #2

Postby lindawing » February 9th, 2015, 2:09 am

Oh, cool! I've been having fun with Kristian Coyle with his painting job. Doing a whole aspiration challenge sounds like great fun--especially beginning with a child! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 9th, 2015, 4:31 am

Thank you! I think it will be and will also be a lot of fun to do. Just have to get it set-up and that may be a few days or so. :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 10th, 2015, 8:43 pm

Part 1 has been added to the original post.

Part 2 is on hold until I can figure out what to do with the child once it reaches it's teenage years and prior to young adult. :hi:

(would you believe I've not actually played a child except to send the child off to school or to visit with friends? As far as teens - I've not played a teen either so I don't know what their function is in the game. So, I will need to have some time to figure out their purpose and how to fit them into this challenge. It should be interesting .... ) :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 10th, 2015, 11:08 pm

Sweet! I'm running very late today, but still hope to get the Coyne house ready for habitation. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 11th, 2015, 12:42 am

I've not been able to play at all in several days. I have to get to it soon, so I can finish the steps to the challenge. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 11th, 2015, 4:33 am

I got about half of the house furnished today. It takes me much longer to furnish, than it does to build!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 11th, 2015, 2:33 pm

Since I had a Graphics Card Update, and every graphics card update changes my settings in Sims; I did go in for a moment to reset to my preferences and while there I created a family of 3 Brothers, a child, a teen and a young adult. There are still a few things I need to check out and can then post Part 2 of the challenge for when the child ages up to teen. :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 11th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Well - it's up in it's entirety. I hope it makes sense!! :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 11th, 2015, 9:44 pm

Oh, cool! going to look! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 11th, 2015, 10:53 pm

Printed out the whole challenge as it exists today. Going to finish furnishing the new house today, I hope, and then will proceed, just as soon as I can get Kristian married off!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 12th, 2015, 12:41 am

I hope nothing will need to be changed, but since I've not played this before, I will adjust it if necessary, for whatever the game will require as we go along. Maybe it will be fine as is!! :yeah: (I've printed it out as well - it will make it easier for me to follow. :evillaugh: )
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 12th, 2015, 1:11 am

I just got the house almost done. There are two more bedrooms and the two back porches to go. Have a bit of a headache happening, and can't focus very well (mentally, not my eyes). I might do some more later.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 12th, 2015, 2:03 am

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 23rd, 2015, 1:39 am

Please be aware that Part 3 will be revised to a "Career Challenge". Once your Teen Sim is successful in completing Part 2 and has attained the Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration, they will maintain that as an adult - thus the need to revise Part 3 of this Challenge. :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Let's Paint--Challenge #2