Angling Ace Aspiration - Challenge 1 with Tips

This is a public forum. Melody has created this challenge for herself, and hopes you'll join in the fun!

Angling Ace Aspiration - Challenge 1 with Tips

Postby MelodyOkie » January 27th, 2015, 3:37 pm

I thought it might be fun to take on some unique challenges based on Carl's Sims Guides. I highly recommend taking a look at all that is offered at Carl's Sims Guides: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/

Because I loved Sims 2 so much and especially enjoyed the challenges found at the fan sites, I thought it might work for Sims 4. I tried to start a series of Challenges with Sims 3 at another site I was a member of, but unfortunately it was not well received ... so I sauntered off with my tail between my legs. I guess I'm not really very good at setting up a challenge? Nevertheless, I am trying very hard to build an interest for Sims 4 that just isn't there anymore for me and I would like to capture the enthusiasm and fun I had with Sims 2, once again. Of course I came to love Sims 3 as well and it is so difficult to go from such an amazing open-world game that was filled with things to do for the Sims and kept us busy creating and playing, to a different kind of Sims game that I'm struggling with because of the limitations.

So - without further ado. The first Challenge I offer up and will start today comes from Carl's Sims guide with the Angling Ace Aspiration - Challenge 1. (I chose this, because my favorite set of challenges started with a Fishing Challenge in Sims 2.)

Angling Ace Aspiration

Total Satisfaction Gained: 4,150

Reward Trait: Angler's Tranquility Seems it will ease any negative emotions when your Sim is fishing, allowing them to happily do so.

Angling Ace Aspiration Objectives:

1. Milestone I: Fish out of Water

•Catch 5 Fish (50)
•Fish at 3 Different Locations (50)

2. Milestone II: Hooked

•Fish for 10 Total Hours (300)
•Mount or Bowl 5 Fish (250)
•Achieve Level 4 Fishing Skill (250)

3. Milestone III: Reel Smart

•Catch 5 Fish Using Bait (400)
•Make 6 Great Catches (500)
•Achieve Level 6 Fishing Skill (350)

4. Milestone IV: Angling Ace

•Collect 20 Types of Fish (1000)
•Achieve Level 10 Fishing Skill (1000)

MY RULES:

1. Create a Sim OR use a pre-made - your choice and your choice of skills, etc.
2. Place in world on an empty lot
3. Build a small fishing shack - make sure it contains everything a sim needs to live in. OR, if you prefer, use a ready made small place - maybe one of those cabins found in the Woods with the Vacation ep. Say - a tent, an outhouse, a camp set-up might be a fun way to go, if you like.
4. As far as funds - go ahead and motherlode if you want, any money cheat is fine and really won't affect gameplay for this challenge.
5. No Other Cheats, though, please. I love the cheats I found where you can achieve any level, skill, whatever - however - for these Challenges, this is not allowed. Otherwise - there would not be a challenge and it could be over and done without doing a thing except typing in the cheats. So - no reason to play, then.
6. Get your Sim a job. Your choice, His choice - he will look forward to his vacation days and the stress-relief he will get while fishing.
7. There are 4 Milestones with things that your Sim must accomplish to reach those Milestones. That's the Challenge here. To achieve those 4 Milestones and thus achieving The Angling Ace Aspiration.
Post your progress in a different thread with your name and Angling Ace in the title. (Go ahead and give yourself those points after each bullet item.) It would be great to see pictures - a story if you like and posts keeping us up-to-date on your progress. I will do the same and hope others join me. :uhhuh:

Discussion and comments are welcome in this thread.

Because I'm having difficulty completing this challenge, I thought I would go up to Carl's Sims Guides and find anything I could that might be helpful for everyone in a successful completion of the challenge.

This is what I've found:

First off - a list of all 20 types of fish which will be needed to complete the Angling Ace Challenge and comes into play during Milestone IV: Angling Ace

The Sims 4 Fish List & Fishing Spots
(There are actually 27 types listed here?)

1. Bass in The Sims 4 Bass Common $16-$70 Available in most Fishing Spots
2. Goldfish in The Sims 4 Goldfish Common $12-$15 Found in Ponds in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs' Parks
3. Guppy in The Sims 4 Guppy Common $7-$10 Found in Pond in Oasis Springs Park
4. Koi in The Sims 4 Koi Common $24-$37 Found in Ponds in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs' Parks
5. Minnow in The Sims 4 Minnow Common $7-$9 Available in most Fishing Spots
6. Perch in The Sims 4 Perch Common $10-$13 Available in most Fishing Spots
7. Salmon in The Sims 4 Salmon Common $90-$342 Available in most Fishing Spots
8. Tetra in The Sims 4 Tetra Common $6-$11 River at Willlow Creek Park
9. Trout in The Sims 4 Trout Common $19-$113 Found in Pond in Oasis Springs Park
10. Walleye in The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat Walleye Common $22-81 Caught in most Granite Falls Fishing Spots
11. Yellow Perch in The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat Yellow Perch Common $24-43 Caught in most Granite Falls Fishing Spots
12. Angelfish in The Sims 4 Angelfish Uncommon $14-$20 Rivers in Willow Creek
13. Betta in The Sims 4 Betta Uncommon $11-$20 Pond in Willow Creek Park
14. Catfish in The Sims 4 Catfish Uncommon $43-$107 (Use Plants as Bait). Found very commonly in Rivers.
15. Kissing Gourami in The Sims 4 Kissing Gourami Uncommon $16-$18 Found commonly in Rivers.
16. Tilapia in The Sims 4 Tilapia Uncommon $54-$62 Found in Sylvan Glades, Waterfall Area.
17. Wolf Eel in The Sims 4 Wolf Eel Uncommon $108-$364 (Use Frog as Bait). Found in Forgotten Grotto.
18. Red Crawdad in The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat Red Crawdad Uncommon $11-16 Found in most Granite Falls Fishing Spots
19 Anglerfish in The Sims 4 Anglerfish Rare $38-$1630 Use Bass, Salmon, or Catfish as Bait. Found in Forgotten Grotto and Sylvan Glade Ponds.
20. Batfish in The Sims 4 Batfish Rare $119-$278 Found Commonly in Forgotten Grotto.
*21. Piranha in The Sims 4 Piranha Rare $19-$27 (Use Koi, Treefish, Catfish, and other Medium Fish as bait). Piranha are caught fairly reliably at the Pond in Willow Creek Park. Keep in mind it's a rare catch so may take some time. Easier to catch at lower level due to larger fish variety at higher levels. *(My Sim caught the Piranha at Sylvan Glade using Bass as bait and he is at Level 10 in the Fishing skill.)
22. Rainbow Fish in The Sims 4 Rainbowfish Rare $65-$85 Found in Forgotten Grotto and the Waterfall in Sylvan Glade.
23. Red-Tailed Black Shark in The Sims 4 Red-Tailed Black Shark Rare $18-$22 Use Small Fish as Bait. Found in Pond in Willow Creek Park.
24. Sturgeon in The Sims 4 Sturgeon Rare $140-$3000 Found at Stream in Oasis Springs Park, Pond in Willow Creek Park, as well as Forgotten Grotto.
25. Treefish in The Sims 4 Treefish Rare $151-$375 Found at Pond in Willow Creek Park, Sylvan Glade Pond.
26. Blue Crawdad in The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat Blue Crawdad Rare $50-81 Found in Deep Woods of Granite Falls (Waterfall Spot)
27. Mountain Lionfish in The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat Mountain Lionfish Rare $166-$900 Found in Deep Woods of Granite Falls (Waterfall Spot)

According to Carl's Sims Guides, it is required to go to the Hidden Grotto (that hidden area in Oasis Springs which requires your sim to have Level 10 in the Mechanical Skill. I look at the list above and think there's a possibility of getting 20 different types of fish without going to that extreme. :tmi:

Here I have a list of the best fishing spots:

Five Best Fishing Spots to Catch Every Fish & Other Valuables

Head up any River aside from the Park in Willow Creek, and you'll catch a number of common Fish along with the Catfish and Kitchen Upgrade Parts.

Willow Creek's Pond (Park) will let you catch Treefish, rare Pomegrante for Gardening, and the rare Red-Tailed Black Shark. You'll also find Commons that aren't found in Rivers there.
Catch Guppy, Koi, Goldfish and Shark in the Pond
Catch Red-Tailed Black Shark in the distant Stream
This Stream in the back of Oasis Springs' Park has Cowplant Berries
Oasis Springs' Pond (Park) will give you the only two fish missing from the other four spots: Guppy and Goldfish. You can head to the stream in the back to find a Cowplant Berry.
Sylvan Glade's Waterfall contains more rarities than the Pond, although you can get Pomegranate there. This is one of few (or the only) place to catch Tilapia.

Forgotten Grotto Fishing

Entry to Forgotten Grotto is Required to Finish the Collection
Forgotten Grotto has 3 spots, all of which let you catch the Batfish, Wolf Eel, Anglerfish, and Rainbowfish. This place also has a Toilet for your Bladder Need and Health Potions can be caught that can help your Hunger Need, allowing your Sim to stay until Energy is the problem!

I believe that the Handiness Skill at Level 10 should not be required in a Fishing Aspiration Challenge - especially when the goal is to reach Level 10 of the Fishing Skill. So - for everyone, the following cheat can be used, if you so desire, in order to "officially" complete the Angling Ace Aspiration within the game:

Pull up the cheat screen (ctlshftc)
Type in:
TestingCheats on
Type in:
Stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 10
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Angling Ace Aspiration - Challenge 1

Postby psychedelicsim » January 27th, 2015, 5:04 pm

That sounds like a really cool challenge, Melody! Thanks for sharing it. :joy: I need something to get my interest back into TS4 too. :uhhuh: A camping spot sounds like fun. I don't have the EP though. Can this challenge be done without it? Sorry, I'm kind of behind on all of the things that can be done in TS4. I haven't played in ages. :ohno:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 27th, 2015, 5:14 pm

I don't know. You can check in cas to see if the Nature Aspiration is available (it may have come with the ep) - or if the Angling Ace Aspiration is available. Anyway - regardless of the aspiration, there may be a way around it (and that might not be an issue - just more challenging). I know the Sims can fish without the ep and there are those hidden areas where there are more fishing spots. So I'm pretty sure you can find 3 different locations to fish for the first milestone and there is a fishing skill, I would think - so Yes, I do believe it can be done without the ep. If you need help locating 3 fishing spots I can show you where the hidden areas are if you don't already know. It's really just a matter of reaching the top level of the fishing skill. I don't know about how many types of fish are available without the ep, though ... but we'll find out as you progress, if you choose to try to do this. It may be more fun without the ep!! :joy:

I hope you do try. I would love to see the challenge done without the ep!! :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » January 27th, 2015, 5:19 pm

OK, thanks! I'll try it without the ep and see how it goes. ;-) I'm sure I'll have some questions.
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 27th, 2015, 5:23 pm

That's fabulous and I will do my best to answer any questions that come up during the challenge! Thank you Carrie!! :joy: :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 27th, 2015, 10:39 pm

I love this, Melody! I'm a fisherwoman at heart, so this is right up my stream! :lol:

I'm going to move the challenge to its own forum, in just a minute!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 27th, 2015, 11:12 pm

Done! I left a shadow topic (that leads to here) where it was before. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 28th, 2015, 1:03 am

Thank you Linda!! I didn't know how to do that. Thank you!! :joy:

Oh, I just saw the darling thumbnail you added to it!! Love that!! :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 28th, 2015, 2:40 am

Making new forums has to be done by admins, so when I see a topic that would make a good subforum, I set one up. This was perfect!

I'm taking a minecraft break, and will be starting my angler in just a bit. :hooray:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 28th, 2015, 3:35 am

I'm so glad! I think it will be fun to see how our different sims fare. It will be tomorrow before I tackle Milestone 1, but I'm really looking forward to it. :uhhuh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » February 4th, 2015, 2:37 pm

I couldn't stand it any longer and bought a copy of Outdoor Retreat yesterday. :rotfl:

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to try this challenge with just the base game in place. :friends:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 4th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Oh, I'm so glad you were able to get outdoor retreat!! I think you will enjoy it and it will definitely come in handy for this Challenge!! I was trying to play the game without using my Outdoor Retreat, but Milestone III is quite challenging and I gave in and sent my Simmie on Vacation to help him get those great catches he needed!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » February 4th, 2015, 4:02 pm

:joy:

I'll give this challenge a try as soon as I get some free time. ;-)
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 4th, 2015, 4:14 pm

Awesome Carrie!! :joy: :joy: :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » February 4th, 2015, 4:38 pm

I couldn't wait. Creating my Sim now! :yeah: