World Adventures Tips, Hints and Finds

We all need help figuring things out in our games occasionally. You may either request help or post helpful topics here.

Re: World Adventures Tips, Hints and Finds

Postby lindawing » February 28th, 2014, 5:33 am

NOTE FROM LINDA--Remember...this is an old, old topic. I've included Wendy's answer(s) here, because they were part of this topic back when WA was hot off the presses.

Oh this is all fab info thank you so much ladies ... yup even I have taken my tester sim Michael Hansen ( thanks Meadow) to France twice now and he's just done his first trip to China, I do like the little puzzels so far they are easy but I'm sure they'll get harder.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby TeresaJo » February 28th, 2014, 5:34 am

ukpoppyberry wrote:Ditto on the skeleton key :doh:

Now I am finally in France, some woman wants me to squash the grapes for nectar, but I cannot work out how to do that; the nectar machines show no grapes when I select add fruit.

You have to move the grapes from your inventory into the empty machine box (click add and it opens up the empty box, drag from inventory). The squish option will show up after that, then after squishing you Make.
TeresaJo
Infant
Infant

Postby ukpoppyberry » February 28th, 2014, 5:35 am

Thanks so much Teresa...I did finally work this out earlier after much frustration, you'd think there would be an easier way!
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lynnsfw1962 » February 28th, 2014, 5:36 am

Well, you can actually take one step out of the process--you don't actually have to select "squish fruit" in order to make nectar. If you select make nectar your sim will squish the fruit and then begin working the machine. Too bad that's not the time consuming part eh? One thing I haven't worked out is that when you select "add ingredients for" there are only a few limited recipes and not all of the recipes you've concocted of course this may be some weirdness in my game because Renee did do more than 15 types of blends and got the skill reward of being able to judge whether a blend would come out well or not and used it in France for abou 6 or 7 batches. When she returned home, she no longer had that reward and the skill journal said she hadn't come up with any blends yet! Thought maybe it was specific to the world in which she was making nectar but sure enough--no blends discovered yet in France again and no judging whether the blend is good or not. :uhuh:
Lynnsfw1962
Toddler
Toddler

Postby ukpoppyberry » February 28th, 2014, 5:36 am

I hate it when those kind of glitches happen...I have done something very silly this time with my game, my founder Sim and her hubby were ghosts, since I moved my family and sold all their furniture their graves have gone and so have they :doh:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 28th, 2014, 5:37 am

That's a good reason to make your own backups at intervals (no...I haven't been remembering to do so, unfortunately). Just save the world before you quit at night, or something like that. It will make save files get built up, but you can store them somewhere besides the saves file, so they don't show up in your main menu all the time. This way, you will always have the day before's save to go back to, to rescue things like those gravestones, which I believe you could get back into your Sims' inventory by making a copy of the lot to the library, then putting it into your working neighborhood, then in build mode, with moveobjects on, you should be able to pick them up and move them close to your Sims, if not right into their yard. Then they can reclaim them (as found objects), I think. If that didn't work, you could just have them move into their "old house" and the gravestones would be there.

I started out by playing that way, but then got lazy about it.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » February 28th, 2014, 5:38 am

I also bulldozed the old house. :doh: Yep...I am very silly!
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby In Memory of Wendy » February 28th, 2014, 5:38 am

Oh dear Lisa....how annoying.
In Memory of Wendy
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby ukpoppyberry » February 28th, 2014, 5:39 am

Good job they aren't real people. :doh: I am sure that's going to set off some heavy debate... :lol:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 28th, 2014, 5:40 am

Kim commented...

This really is nice of you (Lynn, Lisa, and "T") to share your knowledge of the Game. If I decide to Adventure again I will know where to look for Help. :rotfl:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » February 28th, 2014, 5:40 am

;-)
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby TeresaJo » February 28th, 2014, 5:42 am

OK I just discovered two things I don't see already listed...

...When you are working on an adventure and your next task to "Report In" or some form of talk to, you can click on the Tracker (pop up above the moodlets telling you what to do next) and it will put it in your queue to do. No more tracking down that person, no more clicking their pretty icon from Map View.

...You can talk to any Sim needed for an adventure even in the middle of the night, by clicking on the tracker or on their icon. Even if they are in their house, they will walk outside and wait for you to get there.
TeresaJo
Infant
Infant

Postby In Memory of Wendy » February 28th, 2014, 5:43 am

Ah that's handy thanks Teresa. ;-)
In Memory of Wendy
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » February 28th, 2014, 5:43 am

Oh, THANK YOU, Teresa!!! I needed that information! ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » February 28th, 2014, 5:44 am

Oops! I discovered that days ago and didn't think to report about it. I'm so bad like that! :doh: I think I always just assume that I'm the last to know. :rofl:

Glad you managed to get the information up for everyone, Teresa. ;-)
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to TS3 Tutorials, Tips, Tricks, & Help