World Adventures Tips, Hints and Finds

We all need help figuring things out in our games occasionally. You may either request help or post helpful topics here.

World Adventures Tips, Hints and Finds

Postby Lynnsfw1962 » February 28th, 2014, 5:09 am

NOTE FROM LINDA--This topic was begun by Lynn back on 11/25/2009, at Neighborly Sims 3, so there has been no posting in it since we made NS3 read-only. If you have anything to add to this, since we've all been playing WA for quite some time, now, it would be really great!

Thought it would be a good idea to make one general thread for all sorts of hints, etc from World Adventures and keep it in one place rather than scattered all over. Lisa, Anika, and Teresa have agreed to help out with this since the four of us seem to be the most hardcore adventurers so far but everyone is welcome to post their tips as well. I've gathered everything (I think) from all the posts since the EP came out and am trying to get them a bit organized to post, but in the meantime, please feel free to add anything that would be a help on this thread as a reply. ;-)
Lynnsfw1962
Toddler
Toddler

Re: World Adventures Tips, Hints and Finds

Postby Lynnsfw1962 » February 28th, 2014, 5:11 am

BIG TIP--Read all the Tips when you first start your game--they're very helpful and there are a lot of them!

To do away with the 2 day waiting period after returning from a vacation: use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat and then press CTRL and then click on the 2day vacation recovery moodlet and you'll be able to travel right away.

In France there are 6 different types of grapes--two of them are purchasable from the Special Merchant after you reach Visa Level 3 there.

Avornalino - Uncommon - Greenish type grapes
Cherimola - Common - Kind of whitish/pale green grapes
Cranerlet Nuala - Rare - Red grapes * Special Merchant
Gralladina Fran - Rare - Blue grapes * Special Merchant
Meloire - Uncommon - Kind of pale purple grapes
Renoit - Common - Light green grapes

Fish: Frog, Snail and Crawfish

In Egypt, you can purchase pomegranates and cherries from the food vendor in the market

Fish: Mummyfish and Crocodiles Mummyfish like pomegranates for bait

In China, you can purchase plums and pomelos

Fish: Dragonfish, Doitsu Koi, Tancho Koi, Kawarimono Koi, Ochiba Koi

The Special Merchant in Egypt sells Mummy Snacks to ward off mummies. As long as you have them in your inventory, the mummy will approach, say something about liking mummy snacks and do you have a napkin, then will go back to the sarcophagus and sleep.

Once your Sim reaches Visa level 3 they can become a "partner" with that particular country and be granted extra time on their vacations. You must keep this certificate in your Sim's personal inventory to be eligible for the three additional days of vacation.

Learn martial arts as soon as possible--you'll be able to meditate and then ultimately "zeneport" which is absolutely necessary (as far as I can see) to get to a couple of different places. You can purchase a Martial Arts Skill book (volume I only) from the book vendor in China.

You can purchase volumes I-III of Nectar making from the book vendor in France (reading all 3 volumes will max out the skill)

Some new stones are Citrine, Alabaster, Copper, Iridium, Trillium. Jade, Lapis Lazuli, Mummitomium, and Turquoise

There’s no place to learn photography skill--you just learn it by doing. There is one volume of a skill book for this. There are tons of different photo collections and the pop-ups will give you hints of what to photograph to add to that album.

There are certain things that you can only buy in the specific countries: Each treasure chest is only available thru the general store in that specific country. The nectar making machine is purchasable at the Nectary as are the nectar racks (although those are available in the buy catalog as well). The fortune cookie machine is available thru the general store in China and in Egypt you can purchase upgraded cameras. You can purchase tents, shower in a can (you'll need this in case your Sim gets fried in one of the traps), dried food and a few other items in each General Store.

Don't forget to check out the bookstore for new bait and recipe books in each country. Also make sure to check out each little pile of rubble you see laying around and excavate--you find some good things there. You will also see a lot of those little "hole" things that you can inspect which will open up independent adventures for you. One more thing: even though you may have explored an area thoroughly on a previous trip--the treasure chests reset so always open them when you come across them again--always new things to find and don't forget to "analyze" all your relics--there are quite a few collections to complete!
Lynnsfw1962
Toddler
Toddler

Postby lindawing » February 28th, 2014, 5:11 am

Oh, that's a great idea, Lynn. Thank you!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » February 28th, 2014, 5:12 am

Love all your hints, Lynn. Great job putting them together! :joy:
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 28th, 2014, 5:12 am

There's loads more--I just need to weed thru all the posts that they were originally contained in!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lynnsfw1962 » February 28th, 2014, 5:13 am

You will earn the Axe of Pangu after completing one of the adventures in China and it’s well worth doing because it will smash all those big rocks that are in your way in the various tombs and blocking stairways, etc plus clears the smaller rock piles in much quicker time.

You can sometimes buy keystones from the Special Merchants in the Market Places but they’re rarely the ones you’ve been looking for to get thru that “last door”.

Purchase the Kenspa motorbike in France at the General Store as soon as you can--it will remain in your Sim’s personal inventory and that will be their mode of transportation even in their home world. If you like, you can also buy a bike at the General Store in China (this isn’t necessary for getting around China--your Sim will ride one around even if they have no other mode of transport in their inventory)

You can learn two regional songs from the locals in each country.

You can now cancel newspaper delivery.

Buy Escape Dust from the Special Merchant--it can come in handy if you’re ever in a jam.

There are four different types of traps: steam, darts, fire and electricity.
Using dive wells can sometimes lead to tunnels, finding treasure or triggering switches that open doors or paths.

Pull on torches, inspect walls, flush the toilets, look inside sarcophagi(?) to try to trigger doors and/or uncover things. Mourning at certain urns/tombstones can trigger reactions also. Run the cursor over walls to see if you get an option to “inspect”--usually leads to hidden doors.

When you reach Visa level 3 in Egypt, you can buy the Eye of Horus from the Special Merchant--this will highlight all the places there are relics/artifacts/dig sites (much like the collection helper Lifetime Reward)

If you're building on a foundation, you can't just have a straight set of stairs going down to the basement--you'll need a little landing (mine's only one tile) for steps from the main floor of the house to go to and then continue down the basement.

Your adventure will pick up where you left off (although when you arrive in the country you still go to basecamp)--just head off to whatever place you had to be for the adventure and none of your progress (finding secret doors, disarming traps, etc) will be gone. Sometimes you will have to go to another country to complete a task in the country your Sim is currently visiting.

You will get a warning first when your Sim has one day left, then at 12 hours and then at 1 hour. Your Sim will automatically be transported back to their home world.

To locate an adventure site, click on map view and look for the picture of a tomb at the different locations--click on it to visit the location.

Personal inventory will soon become totally unmanageable if you don't try some sort of organization (moving the collected relics and gems, etc to another area) You can purchase the treasure chests to hold each country's collectibles or take it one step further and store the gems, fish, etc in them as well and keep them in the family inventory. Things to NOT move out of a Sim's personal inventory include, the motorbike, tent, shower in a can, pemmican and dried food, ALL keystones, Eye of Horus, Escape Dust, Partnership Certificates, Master Thief's Coin (helps find better quality relics--purchased from the Special Merchant in Egypt), Sands of Understanding, Mummy Snacks and Potion of Liquid Courage.

You can reassemble the fragments of dive wells, pushable statues and sarcophagi but only when your Sim is at their own home (vacation or regular).

You can "upgrade" your snake charmer's basket to cobra (apparently the cobra is kind of mean and has been known to jump out and bite its owner in the face!
Lynnsfw1962
Toddler
Toddler

Postby Meadow9259 » February 28th, 2014, 5:23 am

Great idea, Lynn, thanks!
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby ukpoppyberry » February 28th, 2014, 5:25 am

Wow...this is really excellent, a few new ones for me there incuding the vaction rest time thingy, very annoying!

For those who are so frustrated or don't mind a cheat or two...type testingcheatsenabled true and then type buydebug then type testingcheatsenabled false to turn off the cheat, then you will be able to go into a new category in buy mode labeled with a ? which will allow you to buy many relics, keys, shower in a can, escape dust, spawners for jewels, bugs, special plants, special gnomes and the nectar and cookie making items. You can only use buy mode like this from home or a holiday home.

When taking a picture of an item that has been requested for an adventure, you could always take a couple more, the same types of adventures will start to recycle every so often, you'll be able to complete your adventure right away and build visa points and special coins more quickly.

Don't be tempted to sell off bits of things either, they usually come in handy later somewhere, such as bits of turquoise in Egypt. So collect as you see things.

Sometimes there are special puzzles that need a routine to open many doors, which will require standing on a floor tile in a special order, don't just try to do this randomly, get a pen and paper, try each tile in turn and make a note of which combination of doors it opens, then you should be able to work out which combination is required in a much shorter time.

Get the inappropriate but in a good way lifetime reward and your Sim will be able to visit sims in foreign destinations and take full advantage of their hospitality, they will be able to eat, bathe and even sleep, they do still need to leave late at night though, but up till then they can do as they please, saving them lots of money.
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lynnsfw1962 » February 28th, 2014, 5:27 am

Great advice Lisa--I know exactly where you're talking about with the different floor tile combinations--what a pain that was--"written combinations" indeed--I still had to do trial and error!

Apparently there was some sort of glitch in my game where I was unable to replace the relics that were taken off those little podiums in Chateau du Landgraab so that the electricity traps would disarm and my Sim could move forward (I'd get the option to place item but was unable to do so) and came across this helpful cheat somewhere: With testingcheatsenabled true you can shift click on the floor in any of the community lots and select "buy on this lot" or "build on this lot" to remove or add anything you like (in this case I removed the electricity traps-which did reappear on her next visit but were disarmed)--this will also show the paths of different triggers/traps, etc--something I'm sure Linda will love analyzing and figuring out!
Lynnsfw1962
Toddler
Toddler

Postby ukpoppyberry » February 28th, 2014, 5:28 am

Good tip Lynn, I have yet to go to France, but intend to soon!

After having an exhausted Sim step on a million different combos, I worked out, it's just quicker to write it down as painful as that may be. :rotfl:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lynnsfw1962 » February 28th, 2014, 5:28 am

One tip for movie-makers, story tellers--I'm not sure if they're removable with a cheat, but if you select the "eye candy" lifetime reward, your Sim will forever be surrounded by red sparkles.
Lynnsfw1962
Toddler
Toddler

Postby TeresaJo » February 28th, 2014, 5:30 am

Lynn, a correction to this:

"You can learn two regional songs from the Special Merchant in each country."

You can learn two regional songs from any of the residents in each country.

Regarding this:

"You can sometimes buy keystones from the Special Merchants in the Market Places but they’re rarely the ones you’ve been looking for to get thru that “last door”."

OMG yes - I spent all of Roma's hard-earned coins buying skeleton keystones so she could get into the last rooms at Landgraab and the Nectary and they didn't work. I was so disappointed.
TeresaJo
Infant
Infant

Postby Lynnsfw1962 » February 28th, 2014, 5:31 am

TeresaJo wrote:Lynn, a correction to this:

"You can learn two regional songs from the Special Merchant in each country."

You can learn two regional songs from any of the residents in each country.

Regarding this:

"You can sometimes buy keystones from the Special Merchants in the Market Places but they’re rarely the ones you’ve been looking for to get thru that “last door”."

OMG yes - I spent all of Roma's hard-earned coins buying skeleton keystones so she could get into the last rooms at Landgraab and the Nectary and they didn't work. I was so disappointed.

Will make the correction above Teresa--I guess Renee's first stop in each country was the Special Merchant and I didn't realize!

One thing about those hard to find keystones: Sometimes when you fiddle around inside those holes in the walls and floors you will make a keystone "appear" somewhere on a pedestal thing usually. They're also lying about all over the tombs in the oddest places--I spend a lot of time pausing, turning to top view and then having a look around. I've had my Sim purchase that stupid skeleton key from each merchant and have yet to find a use for them--maybe just a way to get you to spend your hard earned ancient coins so you can't buy something more useful...
Lynnsfw1962
Toddler
Toddler

Postby ukpoppyberry » February 28th, 2014, 5:31 am

Ditto on the skeleton key :doh:

Now I am finally in France, some woman wants me to squash the grapes for nectar, but I cannot work out how to do that; the nectar machines show no grapes when I select add fruit.
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby KrazyAngelKat81 » February 28th, 2014, 5:32 am

Oh this is interesting... I'm installing it now but will have a proper read.

Thanks Lynn and everyone else!
KrazyAngelKat81
Infant
Infant

Next

Return to TS3 Tutorials, Tips, Tricks, & Help