IntoTheWoods

This is a public forum. Multiplayer games are great fun, but not everyone can be online at the same time, and many times we just end up playing by ourselves, anyway, using bandwidth, and paying for a server. We have decided to try doing some Round-Robin games, to see how it might work out. Take a look to see what we've come up with. Anyone may add one, at any time.

IntoTheWoods

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 20th, 2014, 1:17 am

I know we have a lot of the RRs going and I probably shouldn't start another one, but I couldn't help myself.

I went into a new game and there were all these Spruce trees and they made me think of camping in the mountains and suddenly challenge ideas started popping into my head and I couldn't NOT make a new challenge.

The area is really pretty and I won't tell you much about it at this point, I'll let you discover it on your own. I only have a few pics of what I've done in game so far. I started in survival so everything that is there was earned through hard work. ;-) There are lots of sheep and cattle running around and I have found pigs and chickens fairly close as well. I tried to stay close to where I was working so I wouldn't make the file too large to begin with.

Here is our warehouse. Storage on bottom and bed and personal chests up top -- as usual for me. :hi:

Since I thought of mountains, I decided to make my house an A-frame. It has lots of windows so I can see the beautiful scenery. I built it in the lower area right behind the warehouse.

I have so many ideas for this map, but I'm going to try to do only a few at a time. :yeah:

Challenges for the next player:

1. Build your own home.

2. There is currently one planting bed which contains wheat, pumpkins and has space for watermelon in the future. Build one more bed that will hold carrots and potatoes in the future. You are not required to get any additional food at this time.

3. Make a little campsite area that contains a firepit and has some logs to sit on (you know, for roasting marshmallows and such). This doesn't have to be large or fancy.

4. Find a place of your choosing (not too far away from things) and build a ranger station. We have to make sure our mountain is safe.

5. Find 3 diamonds and make a diamond pick.

6. Go to -430, 63, 566 and get 16 obsidian blocks (I poured water in a lava pit, so it's waiting for you. You might want to take the water bucket when you dig it out in case there is lava beneath). Put the obsidian in the Misc. chest for later use.

Have fun!

Here's the download:
http://www.neighborlysimscraft.com/Fait ... eWoods.zip
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: IntoTheWoods

Postby lindawing » November 20th, 2014, 6:20 am

This is fantastic, Lydia! I love camping, and I think your house is wonderful!!! The challenges look great, too!

We can make as many round robins as we want. Even if nobody else ever picks up one of them, we're having a blast. :uhhuh: :joy:

I'm just getting ready to post my first round on Mt. Olympus. :hooray:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 21st, 2014, 9:39 am

I debated whether to do this one first, or go back to Village to Village; finally decided on going camping. ;-)

I just realized that you said to make the firepit with some logs to sit on. I made stone seats to sit on. I hope that's OK. I decided to keep all fuel except the actual fuel in the middle, away from the fire. The firepit is pretty much in the middle of the meadow between our two houses. There's a pile of logs and other wood off to one side, for adding in later. Once we get to the nether, we can put netherrack in there, and it will keep on burining all the time. :uhhuh:

I made a ranger tower...is that OK? Once again, I didn't read comprehensively enough before starting on it...I was thinking "tower" when I read "station," and I went with it. I can add to it, though, with an office down at the base, if you want. Let me know.

The farm space is increased, AND...I got two melon seeds in the mineshaft I found, in a minecart with chest! :hooray: So I planted those in the appropriate space.

I've been mining and mining and mining--searching for a hole that will go down far enough to find diamonds. I've been through pretty much a whole ravine, with no luck, but that's where I found the mineshaft. I got down to lava on layer 11 once, and dug all over the place, but no diamonds. I did find one emerald, though! I got one diamond from another minecart in the mineshaft.

So I'm still two diamonds short of a diamond pick (sounds like a personal problem...right?). :lol:

I found another ravine, just a bit ago, but am too tired to stay in there and search for diamonds. I was dozing off and finding myself in strange places and in danger of getting blown up by creepers or falling over cliffs (so what else is new?). Anyway...tomorrow, hopefully, I'll find those elusive gems, and get the obsidian mined, and republish the map for the next person.

I can hardly wait until you see my house!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 21st, 2014, 4:26 pm

Wow, sounds like you were really working hard. Don't you love how pretty the area is? The warehouse is right by that little river and all those trees around. It really is like being up in the mountains.

And you can do things the way you want and that's okay. Your firepit sounds great and the ranger tower sounds good as well. So have fun and don't worry. ;-)
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 21st, 2014, 8:03 pm

OK. I won't be able to play until a little later today. I need to get a scarf knitted on my machine, for Jon (my stepson).
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Ready for Player 3

Postby lindawing » November 22nd, 2014, 1:48 am

Yes! The map really does feel like camping out in the mountains. I can almost smell the spruce trees!!!

The challenges that Lydia issued were:

1. Build your own home.

I promise you, in these pictures, my home is there. It has a hidden entrance.

ITW-112014-Linda'sHouse-A.jpg
ITW-112014-Linda'sHouse-A.jpg (350.36 KiB) Viewed 306 times

ITW-112014-Linda'sHouse-B.jpg
ITW-112014-Linda'sHouse-B.jpg (418.77 KiB) Viewed 306 times

ITW-112014-Linda'sHouse-C.jpg
ITW-112014-Linda'sHouse-C.jpg (344.66 KiB) Viewed 306 times

ITW-112014-Linda'sHouse-D.jpg
ITW-112014-Linda'sHouse-D.jpg (380.8 KiB) Viewed 306 times

2. There is currently one planting bed which contains wheat, pumpkins and has space for watermelon in the future. Build one more bed that will hold carrots and potatoes in the future. You are not required to get any additional food at this time.

I built the space, plus in one of the mineshafts I found, there were two melon seeds in a cart. I planted them in their space, then later harvested, planted the rest of the melon spaces, then harvested again for fruit.

ITW-112014-GardenSpace.jpg
ITW-112014-GardenSpace.jpg (363.55 KiB) Viewed 306 times

ITW-112014-Garden-TwoMelonSeeds.jpg
ITW-112014-Garden-TwoMelonSeeds.jpg (507.53 KiB) Viewed 306 times

3. Make a little campsite area that contains a firepit and has some logs to sit on (you know, for roasting marshmalows and such). This doesn't have to be large or fancy.

As I mentioned in a post before this, I didn't read thoroughly, and my seating around the firepit is stone steps. They won't catch on fire like logs would, though, so this is good. :uhhuh: I also put a "stack of wood items" a little bit away from the fire (so it won't catch fire when we can get netherrack for a constant fire, either). Oh...there's also a chest at the woodpile, with fire building supplies in it. ;-)

ITW-112014-FirePit-A.jpg
ITW-112014-FirePit-A.jpg (376.94 KiB) Viewed 306 times

ITW-112014-FirePit-B.jpg
ITW-112014-FirePit-B.jpg (409.25 KiB) Viewed 306 times

ITW-112014-FirePit-C.jpg
ITW-112014-FirePit-C.jpg (356.95 KiB) Viewed 306 times

4. Find a place of your choosing (not too far away from things) and build a ranger station. We have to make sure our mountain is safe.

Again, I didn't read correctly (sigh). When I read it, I immediately pictured a forestry fire tower, so that's what I built (sort of--it's a little bit stylized). It's a good place to travel up to, in order to do some snipe hunting. :uhhuh:

ITW-112014-RangerTower-A.jpg
ITW-112014-RangerTower-A.jpg (341.43 KiB) Viewed 306 times

ITW-112014-RangerTower-B.jpg
ITW-112014-RangerTower-B.jpg (373.61 KiB) Viewed 306 times

ITW-112014-RangerTower-c.jpg
ITW-112014-RangerTower-c.jpg (260.35 KiB) Viewed 306 times

5. Find 3 diamonds and make a diamond pick.

This was my biggest challenge. I decimated a lot of underground area (the coords sheet will be attached below), for nearly a whole day's play, and didn't find a single diamond...EXCEPT...the one that was in a minecart/chest in Mineshaft #1. Yes...there are two of them in the immediate area (see the coord sheet). Today I went over by the lava and obsidian (see #6 below), and started looking around for another underground entrance. I found one, went down, found another ravine and Mineshaft #2, then almost immediately found six diamonds! Woot! :joy:

ITW-112014-Mineshaft#1.jpg
ITW-112014-Mineshaft#1.jpg (363.77 KiB) Viewed 306 times

ITW-112014-Mineshaft#2.jpg
ITW-112014-Mineshaft#2.jpg (374.47 KiB) Viewed 306 times

6. Go to -430, 63, 566 and get 16 obsidian blocks (I poured water in a lava pit, so it's waiting for you. You might want to take the water bucket when you dig it out in case there is lava beneath. Put the obsidian in the Misc. chest for later use.

Got it!

ITW-112014-Obsidian.jpg
ITW-112014-Obsidian.jpg (71.53 KiB) Viewed 306 times

Into the Woods
Second Set of Challenges...

(1) Build your own home if you haven't already done so.

(2) Do at least a little checking to see if there is a village somewhere nearby, where you can buy, borrow, or steal a seed potato or two, and a few carrots for planting.

(3) Add a couple of picnic tables, a trash bin, and a light pole near the firepit (most of these should probably should be made from stone and iron, to prevent forest fires).

(4) There is a skeleton spawner at -357 52 558 (entrance from surface at -347 67 541) and a zombie spawner at 90 33 309 (entrances from surface at 20 84 308; -28 71 296; 40 67 294; or 59 68 262). Choose one of those spawners to make a "traditional" XP/loot grinder.

(5) There is an abandoned mineshaft at -58 39 320 (use any of the surface entrances shown above for the zombie spawner). This mineshaft has been pretty well lit up, and largely looted for string, rail, ore, and gems, though you'll still find some unlit and unlooted channels there. Somewhere in there, I found a minecart with chest, and was going to go back for it after I emptied my inventory. I forgot to write down the coords, however, and I never could find it again! See if you can find it and loot it.

(6) There is a second abandoned mineshaft at -385 39 318 (surface entry at -419 67 350). It's in a ravine that has only been lit a bit--not looted. Neither has the mineshaft been looted. I did find a spider dungeon there and destroyed the spawner. It's at -382 36 276, if you want to get the moss stone. This ravine is where I found my diamonds to make the pick and get the obsidian from the first set of challenges. You should be able to find a few lapis lazuli, some redstone, and maybe a few more diamonds in there, somewhere. If so, add them to the SHINY chest in the warehouse.

(7) There's another (empty) spider dungeon at -103 37 306. The entrance is just above that, with a few easy steps down, and there's a door on the dungeon. You could either get the moss stone, or use the dungeon for an emergency shelter, or...

Have fun!

Download the challenges in .rtf form for printing convenience...
IntoTheWoods-SecondChallenge.rtf
(2.29 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

Download the coordinates as they are right now, in .rtf form...
IntoTheWoods-CoordinatesAfterPlayer2.rtf
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

Download the Map
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Our Round-Robin Games