HereWeAre

This is a public forum. Multiplayer games are great fun, but not everyone can be online at the same time, and many times we just end up playing by ourselves, anyway, using bandwidth, and paying for a server. We have decided to try doing some Round-Robin games, to see how it might work out. Take a look to see what we've come up with. Anyone may add one, at any time.

HereWeAre

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 12th, 2014, 8:30 pm

I created a map using level 2 biomes. It popped up with lots of little islands and I kinda got a "Port City" kind of feel from the place so as you'll see, I kinda went nautical with my theme.

The warehouse is two stories and has a "widow's walk" around the middle part.

The top floor of the warehouse where the bed is located is a little tight. Sorry about that. :yeah:

As I was wandering around, I found pumpkins just one island over so I was able to grab those. They were handy for lights in the warehouse as you can see in the pic above.

I was going to let the next person gather some other food but after what Linda said about villages being rare in level 2 biomes, I decided to go into creative and plant two potatoes and two carrots in the garden. That was the only cheating I did during the whole thing.

I found sheep, pigs and cows all over the place, but I couldn't find chickens. Finally, I found some out just a little ways and was able to bring them back (first night I found a slime and got 18 slimeballs so I made a few leads). I didn't have a fenced area so I put the chickens in a pit. The next morning I went out to gather some eggs and a creeper appeared out of nowhere and jumped into the pit with us. Feathers were flying everywhere. :ohno:

I did manage to find one more chicken to add to this guy and I made one baby and managed to hatch one more chick from an egg. So, the next person who goes in should have 4 chickens to start off. And you'll need them for one of the challenge. ;-)

Last, but not least, keeping to the nautical theme, I made my house a houseboat. I "moored" it right behind the warehouse, so you can't miss it.

Now for the challenge for the next person:

1. Build your own home.

2. Make 1 stack of pumpkin pies

3. Make walkways/bridges to three other islands so they are connected to the warehouse island.

4. Build a lighthouse.

Here's the map:
http://www.neighborlysimscraft.com/Fait ... eWeAre.zip
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: HereWeAre

Postby lindawing » November 12th, 2014, 10:26 pm

Oh, I am SO loving this, Lydia!!! What a grand time we'll have with this one!

I'm already loving Horsies, and I will go in order, but I'm feeling very antsy to get into this one! :joy:

Thank you very much!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 16th, 2014, 8:51 am

OK! I've finished Horsies, and I've now uploaded my own new Village to Village map, and I'm ready to begin on Here We Are! :joy:

Going in, now, for my first look-around. Can't stay too long...must go to bed soon (yeah...sure...I say that NOW!). :evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 16th, 2014, 3:35 pm

I think you'll like it since the biomes are small. Have fun! ;-)
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 16th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Already had some fun running around finding where resources might be, last night. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 17th, 2014, 10:16 am

This is a lovely map! I had a very nice time finding what I needed, then completing this list:

1. Build your own home.
HWA-Linda'sHome-A.jpg
HWA-Linda'sHome-A.jpg (354.28 KiB) Viewed 322 times

HWA-Linda'sHome-B.jpg
HWA-Linda'sHome-B.jpg (437.17 KiB) Viewed 322 times

HWA-Linda'sHome-C.jpg
HWA-Linda'sHome-C.jpg (403.83 KiB) Viewed 322 times

HWA-Linda'sHome-D.jpg
HWA-Linda'sHome-D.jpg (345.93 KiB) Viewed 322 times

HWA-Linda'sHome-E.jpg
HWA-Linda'sHome-E.jpg (375.57 KiB) Viewed 322 times

2. Make 1 stack of pumpkin pies
I forgot to take a picture! Don't worry, though, there are 64 pumpkin pies stacked up in the warehouse FOOD chest. :joy:

3. Make walkways/bridges to three other islands so they are connected to the warehouse island.
HWA-Bridge#1.jpg
HWA-Bridge#1.jpg (425.53 KiB) Viewed 322 times

HWA-Bridge#2.jpg
HWA-Bridge#2.jpg (309.19 KiB) Viewed 322 times

HWA-Bridge#3.jpg
HWA-Bridge#3.jpg (303.98 KiB) Viewed 322 times

4. Build a lighthouse.
HWA-Lighthouse-A.jpg
HWA-Lighthouse-A.jpg (225.28 KiB) Viewed 322 times

HWA-Lighthouse-B.jpg
HWA-Lighthouse-B.jpg (339.06 KiB) Viewed 322 times

HWA-Lighthouse-C.jpg
HWA-Lighthouse-C.jpg (286.07 KiB) Viewed 322 times

I also took a few pictures to just show a little more of the layout and scenery.
HWA-NiceView-A.jpg
HWA-NiceView-A.jpg (277.52 KiB) Viewed 322 times

HWA-NiceView-B.jpg
HWA-NiceView-B.jpg (286.78 KiB) Viewed 322 times

HWA-NiceView-C.jpg
HWA-NiceView-C.jpg (243.29 KiB) Viewed 322 times

HWA-TheChickenPenAtNight.jpg
HWA-TheChickenPenAtNight.jpg (329.99 KiB) Viewed 322 times

HWA-TheGardensAtNight.jpg
HWA-TheGardensAtNight.jpg (302.5 KiB) Viewed 322 times

HWA-LeavingTheIsland.jpg
HWA-LeavingTheIsland.jpg (408.64 KiB) Viewed 322 times

Here We Are
Challenge Set #2

(1) Build your own home if you haven't already done so.

(2) If you go out by the chicken pen (toward Faithy's houseboat), and look north, you'll see one of the bridges. Go across there and find the sign that tells you where to build the stock pens. Build four pens and then fill them with two cows, two pigs, two sheep, and two rabbits--keeping each species separate.
HWA-StandingByChickens-OverBridgeAreTwoChallenges.jpg
HWA-StandingByChickens-OverBridgeAreTwoChallenges.jpg (355.4 KiB) Viewed 322 times

NOTE: Faithy left two leads in the warehouse, and there are also some extra slime balls and a little bit of string. There are PLENTY of spiders around to kill for more string. :uhhuh: In fact, I think I left one up on the roof of the warehouse. If you don't want to mess with leads, though, there is everything in the garden to lure the animals to their prisons.

(3) A little further to the north, there's a smaller island, where there's a sign that says, "Build Nether Portal Here." This means you'll have to find some diamonds and some obsidian. There is obsidian ready and waiting for you, at 273 11 435. To get down there, you may enter the area from either 263 65 438, or 280 63 457, or you may teleport directly there--your choice. The first entry is where I started down, before I found the lava and the obsidian, and the second is where I worked my way back up because I was entirely lost! :evillaugh:

Once you get to the entrances, there are signs to follow, to lead you down to the obsidian. Since it's on layer 11, and there is still plenty of unmined redstone right there, I'm pretty sure with a little extra digging, you should be able to find some diamonds right in there, somewhere. If not, there are several places in that cave system that are as yet unexplored. It honestly shouldn't take you too long to find the diamonds you'll need to make a pick, then you can mine the obsidian for the nether portal.

(4) Once into the nether, protect the portal at least in a basic manner. You may explore or not, but don't go TOO far, because just adding the nether is going to make the map quite a bit larger. :uhhuh:

(5) There is a "giant acacia tree" at 188 64 364, which I have knocked down and replanted several times. There are also oak trees all over the place. Somewhere near the giant acacia tree, plant a small grove of oak trees for easy access, too.
HWA-GiantAcaciaTree.jpg
HWA-GiantAcaciaTree.jpg (315.27 KiB) Viewed 322 times

If you want the challenges to print out more conveniently, here's the .rtf file.
HereWeAre-Challenge#2.rtf
(2.49 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

If you'd like to have the coordinates for the map, at the point where I left it (after Player 2--before Player 3), here's the .rtf file.
HereWeAre-CoordsAfterPlayer2.rtf
(654 Bytes) Downloaded 20 times

Last but not least, you may download the map HERE.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 17th, 2014, 5:02 pm

You did a great job, Linda. That little "Port City" is certainly starting to grow. Love what you did. :joy:
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 17th, 2014, 8:17 pm

I thought about waiting around to grow enough more pumpkins to light up the bridges that way, but by then, I had had just about enough of growing pumpkins, to make all that pie! :evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Our Round-Robin Games