3-RR3Start-110414-lindawing

This is a public forum. Multiplayer games are great fun, but not everyone can be online at the same time, and many times we just end up playing by ourselves, anyway, using bandwidth, and paying for a server. We have decided to try doing some Round-Robin games, to see how it might work out. Take a look to see what we've come up with. Anyone may add one, at any time.

Re: 3-RR3Start-110414-lindawing

Postby lindawing » November 9th, 2014, 9:49 pm

I will go in and look, today. I am playing Tiny Biomes today, but have 3 in the game, too. Could you see the snowman from my house?

If you climbed up a different way, you missed my series of signs: turn right; turn left; turn left again; etc. :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 10th, 2014, 10:23 am

After quitting from Tiny Biomes tonight, I went into 3, and did a little work there, getting ready to do that challenge.

Making use of the way you do the signs (which I have done before, but not recently--had forgotten), I added some more chests and re-organized in the warehouse.

Then I went and looked out my windows toward the snowman, whose head is ever-present wherever you go in the valley. ;-) He's our guardian! I'm thinking we should call him Father Snow!

He can be seen very well (as a whole) from the top of my steps, and from the inside of my house. He's so grand!
3-Faithy'sSnowman-A.jpg
3-Faithy'sSnowman-A.jpg (272.5 KiB) Viewed 358 times

3-Faithy'sSnowman-B.jpg
3-Faithy'sSnowman-B.jpg (251.4 KiB) Viewed 358 times

I can hardly wait to get started on the Christmas Tree!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 10th, 2014, 3:52 pm

As I was building him, I looked up one time and freaked out because a lot of the layers I had just put on weren't there anymore. Then I realized that he's so high that the clouds block the view of the top of him sometimes. :doh: :rotfl:
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 10th, 2014, 6:31 pm

Wow! That would have scared me, too! I have the clouds turned off, to help keep processor usage lower, so I wouldn't have noticed, though.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 12th, 2014, 8:18 am

I really had fun making our Christmas Tree for this map. I tried to grow it the way I wanted it to go, at first, but finally just gave up on that and manufactured it out of the wood I'd chopped, and the leaves I'd cut from other spruce trees (thank you for the first set of shears, Lydia--there are now two fresh pair in the warehouse). I discovered that torches of either type won't affix to tree leaves, so where I needed the lights to go (and I used redstone torches for effect, thanks to the deep mine--see the note about the mineshaft, below), I plugged in green wool. There are now four green sheep running around close to our base. Then for the gifts, I chose to paint a few more sheep red, light blue, and yellow. Some wool also went into making the many paintings that are the "wrapping paper" on some of the gifts. I fenced in the tree, because the rest of the area isn't safe yet. Unfortunately, if you're inside the fence at night, you will still probably get attacked by a few spiders, because spiders love big trees--especially on full moon nights. So I'd advise staying away from the tree at night--unless you happen to need string...hint...hint...

3-ChristmasTree-A.jpg
3-ChristmasTree-A.jpg (417.14 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-ChristmasTree-B.jpg
3-ChristmasTree-B.jpg (426.68 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-ChristmasTree-C.jpg
3-ChristmasTree-C.jpg (366 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-Gifts-A.jpg
3-Gifts-A.jpg (448.85 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-Gifts-B.jpg
3-Gifts-B.jpg (460.31 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-Gifts-C.jpg
3-Gifts-C.jpg (433.71 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-Gifts-D.jpg
3-Gifts-D.jpg (450.07 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-Wool-Green.jpg
3-Wool-Green.jpg (448.08 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-Wool-LightBlue.jpg
3-Wool-LightBlue.jpg (449.15 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-Wool-Red.jpg
3-Wool-Red.jpg (422.58 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-Wool-Yellow.jpg
3-Wool-Yellow.jpg (463.11 KiB) Viewed 353 times

I needed gold to make the armor for one of the armor stands in the warehouse (plus I needed redstone for my tree lights), so I went mining down in the BIG, deep, dark hole in the ground close to the tree, under my mountain home. The coordinates (see the .rtf file attached) tell you where the safe tunnel is, that I made at first, to mine down there. While I was down there, I found an abandoned mineshaft...right there underneath our base! :uhhuh: The coordinates for that are also on the sheet. There were a couple of other holes in the ground, over by the warehouse, which I covered up, that led to the same area. The safest way to get down there, however, is from the safe door on the coords. There's also another door over there that will take you down into the BIG part of the chasm, which branches off in all sorts of directions, if you just want to go spelunking. I have not looted anything from the mineshaft area itself, and have only lit things up for a very short distance outside the door that leads up to it from the crafting area (see the photos below).

3-Descending IntoLargeHole-Chicken.jpg
3-Descending IntoLargeHole-Chicken.jpg (326.51 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-WayDownInTheGround.jpg
3-WayDownInTheGround.jpg (378.1 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-Mineshaft-A.jpg
3-Mineshaft-A.jpg (312.51 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-Mineshaft-B.jpg
3-Mineshaft-B.jpg (413.91 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-Mineshaft-C.jpg
3-Mineshaft-C.jpg (373.77 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-Mineshaft-D.jpg
3-Mineshaft-D.jpg (309.32 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-Mineshaft-E.jpg
3-Mineshaft-E.jpg (379 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-Mineshaft-F.jpg
3-Mineshaft-F.jpg (377.74 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-GoldArmor.jpg
3-GoldArmor.jpg (426.04 KiB) Viewed 353 times

Here are a few other pictures.

3-SeeingFatherSnowUpClose.jpg
3-SeeingFatherSnowUpClose.jpg (277.86 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-Snow.jpg
3-Snow.jpg (439.28 KiB) Viewed 353 times

3-UpdatedWarehouse.jpg
3-UpdatedWarehouse.jpg (423.28 KiB) Viewed 353 times

Here are the present coordinates, if you want them.

3-Coords-111114-lindawing.rtf
(962 Bytes) Downloaded 15 times

I'll post the third set of challenges next.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 12th, 2014, 8:33 am

Here's the third set of challenges for this map. You may also download the .rtf file, for ease of printing.

3-3rdChallenge.rtf
(4.78 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

(1) Lydia and I both dyed some sheep to get colored wool for the two challenges we've done so far. One of your jobs is to find all the colored sheep and pen them up in the grassy area close to Lydia's house (which is also near the beginnings of the garden). I believe there are two orange sheep (Lydia's), and I colored four green ones, two light blue ones, one red one, and two yellow ones (those two are slightly separated--not right together). None of these sheep are a huge distance from the base, but you will have to travel in more than one direction to find them.

(2) Under the Christmas tree, among the gifts, there are four empty chests. You need to put four buckets of milk in one of them, two dozen cookies in another one, eight slices of pie in the third one, and one lovely cake in the fourth one. If you can't find the cocoa beans you'll need, you may substitute pumpkin pie for the cookies--I know there are some pumpkins growing nearby. If you find them, please put a couple of them in the farm chest, for planting later (or plant them yourself if you like). The goodies are gifts for Father Snow, up on the mountain. NOTE: After the challenge is completed and the next player picks up the map, if Father Snow hasn't eaten the offerings, the player may have them. ;-)

(3) There are two villages fairly close to the base. One is a desert village, and one is a plains village. The coordinates aren't listed in the attached .rtf file, because you are supposed to search for them. Both villages are in the minuses in both the X and Y coordinates. Also, I didn't go any further out than 1300 in any one direction...so there's your box. It's up to you if you want to take the time to protect either or both of the villages. Just please be sure you are more than 256 blocks away from the village every day before night falls, unless the village IS protected, so the poor things won't get eaten alive by the zombies!

This is a 3-part challenge--other than finding the villages themselves...

(a) At the plains village, tame the two horses that are on the streets of the village, and lead them home (or ride them home if you happen to find some saddles in the mineshaft--see the attached .rtf file). If you have to lead them, you're going to need to do some slime hunting, but there's a swamp just a short way from Lydia's home, where you should be able to find some slime (the bigger the moon, the better). There's some string in the warehouse, but you may want to killl a few more spiders...or there are plenty of webs in the mineshaft. You may either create a separate corral for the horses, or pen them up with the pretty sheep.

(b) At the desert village, grab a few potatoes from the village gardens, then when you get back to the base, plant some (at least as many as the carrots that are already planted there). Any extras that you have, should go into the chest right beside the garden.

(c) I believe both villages have libraries. If they do (and I can't remember for sure), please loot them and put the books in the warehouse. Any other treasure (and/or food) you find in either village, belongs to you.

NOTE: If you absolutely can't find either village, let me know, and I'll give you the coordinates.

CUTE STORY: When I came up on the plains village, one of the horses was rearing and turning red. He seemed to be trapped in one of the gravel road blocks. Suddenly one of the villagers literally came RUNNING toward him, and seemingly bumped into him, which made him jump two blocks away, and he was safe! I was utterly amazed! I'm sure it wasn't an intentional move on the villager's part, but it sure looked like it! It all happened so fast I couldn't get a photo until it was all over, but I swear that villager looked very smug after that, and the horse turned around, smiled at him, and then licked his face in gratitude! :lol: Seriously!

3-VillageWithHorses.jpg
3-VillageWithHorses.jpg (406.79 KiB) Viewed 353 times

(6) There are four armor stands in the warehouse. One has on the golden armor that I created. You must clothe one in leather...WITHOUT killing all the cows around! Thus, this is a double task. Pen up some cows along with the sheep and the horses. Then breed and slaughter them for enough leather to make the full suit of armor. Be sure you leave at least two cows in the pen (either a separate one or join them with the sheep and/or horses) when you leave the game. No...I'm not adding the pigs, chickens, or rabbits into this. I'm sure someone else will, down the line. ;-)

(7) If you haven't already made your mountain home, don't forget to do so. Above all...HAVE FUN!

DOWNLOAD THE MAP
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 12th, 2014, 6:18 pm

Linda, you did an utterly fantastic job on this. Your Christmas tree is wonderful and I can't believe the incredible job you did with the "presents". You certainly far exceeded my expectations of what would be done. :joy:
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 12th, 2014, 7:57 pm

Oh, good! After I finished the tree, I thought that I probably should have made it four or five layers higher (it's 15, now, I think). But that would have made it a LOT bigger around the bottom, and that was hard enough to deal with already, so I settled for the height it is now. I could have made more spaces between the rows of "needles," though, if I'd have thought of it. :uhhuh:

The "wrappings" for the presents were a last-minute lightbulb over my head! I was like, "Oh, yeah! I love it!" and it worked! :hooray:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Our Round-Robin Games